Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Applying a gift card balance to one of multiple Kindle Fires with one Amazon account

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 26, 2012 7:06:27 AM PST
I just purchased a 2nd Kindle Fire HD (first son got one last year at Christmas) and the first son received a gift card for Christmas this year. I forgot that both Fires are registered under my Amazon account so when my 2nd son started purchasing apps, he spent the 1st son's gift card balance! Is there any way to apply a gift card to a specific Kindle Fire?

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 7:11:00 AM PST
Zorkel567 says:
Nope, the Gift Cards are applyed to the Account, not an individual Fire. There is no way to apply a a GC solely to a single Kindle. Sorry. :(

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 7:11:34 AM PST
Bixillarla says:
Nope. The Gift Card is applied to the Amazon account and any purchases will use the Gift Card amount.

There is no way to setup seperate payment methods for each Kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 7:15:26 AM PST
So is it better to separate the two Kindles then? Should I create a separate account for my 2nd son? What about gaming apps they are sharing...will they be sharing progress on games or be able to log in separately?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 7:18:31 AM PST
If you de-register a Fire, all of the content will be wiped off. That includes progress on games. If they are not registered to the same account, they will not be able to share any content (other than a few lending-enabled books). All apps, games, etc. will have to be purchased separately for each.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 7:29:17 AM PST
Zorkel567 says:
With game apps, if they are on the same account, their games will remain seperate,meaning they can have their own progress and can log on to their games seperatly. But if they have different accounts, as sad, means they will have to buy their own content, and if they both want the same game, they will each have to buy the game seperataly.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 7:33:02 AM PST
What about parental controls so second son can't buy anything without an okay?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Dec 26, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions