Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Fire HD flash player problems

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 265 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 14, 2012 9:31:55 PM PDT
How do i enable flash player on my kindle fire HD? Please help, Im reall frustrated with it!

Posted on Oct 14, 2012 9:35:58 PM PDT
Old Rocker says:
Adobe has abandoned Flash support for Android.

There are some workarounds described in some older threads on this forum.

Posted on Oct 14, 2012 9:38:08 PM PDT
Can you tell me some please?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2012 9:45:04 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 14, 2012 9:46:27 PM PDT
M. Ratcheson says:
Here's a link to the thread in which there are links for getting the proper version of the Dolphin browser and the Flash player that will work with the Fire HD.

http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdMsgID=MxPLSD6D5QCI8E&cdMsgNo=13&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx32OQF72X43RG#MxPLSD6D5QCI8E

So you understand, this *does work for the Fire HD, which runs Android ICS, but Adobe has dropped support for the Android environment, which means there isn't much future for Flash on a tablet. It would be good for websites to switch to HTML5 asap.

eta: Oops, sorry, I forgot the link originally.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2012 9:48:38 PM PDT
Old Rocker says:
Thanks M.R. I couldn't find it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2012 9:49:46 PM PDT
M. Ratcheson says:
I had it bookmarked. :)

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 2:04:33 PM PDT
did adobe really abandon androids?... Cause that would really suck.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 2:07:45 PM PDT
Yes, Adobe stopped supporting Android in August.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 6:17:44 PM PDT
then how can we watch videos on the kindle hd?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 6:23:16 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Adobe has given up support for all mobile devices.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 6:25:11 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Most of the web will be switching over to HTML5 which is supported by most computers and devices. If you read some of the posts above there is a link with an explanation on how to side load the Flash player.

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 6:30:49 PM PDT
Many sites have already dumped flash ..

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 8:26:04 AM PDT
W. Whitley says:
I have just received my new KFHD disapointed that thereis no instruction book seems your left on your own to find how it works, also the only contact you get is when they want you to purchase a film, books and aps I want to thank those who have taken the time on youtube to give some help, still having problems downloading ADOE

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 7:20:39 PM PDT
If YouTube stops playing videos through Silk, preforming a force stop seems to correct things.

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 8:44:10 AM PDT
tiger71 says:
You Tube works great on Fire HD! Just use the site as stated on one of these forums: m.youtube.com Putting the "m." in front of the address makes all the difference. Don't know why Amazon just doesn't state this officially some where to put an end to all the whining.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 8:50:49 AM PDT
jsh1120 says:
tiger71,

You're correct that using the mobile YouTube site (m.youtube.com) largely eliminates the problem. However, there are still videos on YouTube that have not been recast to use HTML5. And of course there are all those other sites that continue to use Flash. I have to say that this is all deja vu. When Apple dropped support for Flash from the iPad two years ago, the whining went on unabated for months. Now that there is NO SUPPORT from Adobe for Flash on mobile devices OF ANY KIND it will apparently take months for the word to spread to the far reaches of the tech world.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 1:39:11 PM PST
No true. I have had to change everything as far as video goes and have another Fire HD that will not view YouTube at all!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 1:40:26 PM PST
No it does not unless you change the player!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 1:42:25 PM PST
Old Rocker says:
Well, Microsoft will still have it on their Surface tablets and WinPhones (I think).

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 1:43:55 PM PST
Old Rocker says:
I watched many youtube videos yesterday on the new Fire HD 8.9 using the mobile site. No issues.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 1:58:45 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 3:20:04 PM PST
Old Rocker says:
mmmm... why can't you help people directly on the forum like the rest of us do?

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 3:29:37 PM PST
You can install flash by doing the following:

To install Flash: (You have to have a Flash compatible browser in order to install Flash. You can't install it under Silk.)

Do the following on the Fire/Fire HD itself:

Swipe down from the top > More > Device > Allow Installation of Applications.

Install ES File Explorer: ES File Explorer

Download and install the Dolphin HD and Flash Player apk files from this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9d8gxh75f0747f1/83fV5m6x2c

Once both files are downloaded to your Fire, open ES File Explorer and look in the "Downloads" folder. You should see both files there. Install Dolphin HD *first* by tapping on the icon. Then install Flash.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 3:49:04 PM PST
Hi Laura please address this issue. I have downloaded the ES File Explorer...it does NOT show up anywhere on my tablet. If I go to download again it says...I have it....but where??? Not in the library or files or downloads...or anywhere else and 3 of us ( my son and son in law) have looked this tablet over from one end to the other. How do i proceed when this download seems to have disappeared? Could this be a bug in the tablet itself? We did the dropbox procedures thinking maybe the File Explorer is "there"...somewhere and still nothing worked. I beyond frustrated trying to get this taken care of.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 3:52:59 PM PST
Elana - The ES File Explorer app is coming directly from Amazon. With your Kindle Fire on and connected to wi fi (internet), go to the settings menu (swipe down from the top of the screen) and tap "sync." Then go to your Apps tab and look in the cloud section. You should see the icon there for ES File Explorer. Tap on it to download to your Fire. It will then show in the Apps tab in the "device" section. Tap the icon to open.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  127
Total posts:  265
Initial post:  Oct 14, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 4, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 54 customers

Search Customer Discussions