Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Audible Fire HD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 28, 2012 4:06:01 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 28, 2012 5:26:12 AM PDT
Rockhopper says:
This is a way for UK Fire hd to download audible books from Audible UK....
use the fire hd and sign in to audible on web site goto your book collection and download. after download complete go to home page swipe down you will see the file. click on this and chose the option throwaway.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2012 4:21:36 AM PDT
Dragi Raos says:
?

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 4:22:27 AM PDT
Videogamer says:
Wow, very helpful....

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2012 5:14:43 AM PDT
Rockhopper says:
sorry, maybe i should of said this is for UK version of Fire HD and how to use Audible books

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2012 5:17:01 AM PDT
Dog Lover says:
Yes, indeed. You might wish to use the edit feature and better phrase your OP.

Otherwise, you are going to see many more, um, challenges about this as more people sign on to read the thread.

Just a hint,

DL

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2012 5:31:30 AM PDT
Rockhopper says:
hint taken, have edited post. Thank you

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 11:48:59 AM PDT
Thank you Rockhopper I've been trying to work out how to listen to my audiobooks since my kindle fire arrived last Thursday, much happier now :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 3:08:40 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 10, 2012 8:30:35 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 8:34:23 AM PST
Got an amusing response from Audible UK Customer Support in response to my question as to when they will be supported on the UK Fire HD.

"I understand you were advised that the Kindle Fire HD is and is not compatible with Audible. I sincerely apologise and I will be happy to look into the matter for you.

I did some reviews and can confirm that the Audible App for Kindle Fire is currently unavailable via the Amazon App Store. Unfortunately, the Kindle Fire HD does not support the Audible format currently as we provide a secure file to protect the publisher's copyright. We are constantly in discussion with device manufacturers in a bid to have as many players support our format as possible but I am sorry this isn't the case yet with Kindle Fire HD.

However this should be available soon so please do check the Amazon App Store periodically for an update as we are unable to give a specific date.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience."

As I sit here happily listening to one of my audible.co.uk downloads using the Audible-branded "throwaway" app .....

It really rather beggars belief that they are really claiming that they have not yet been able to complete "discussions" with Amazon given that a) Audible is an Amazon company, b) the US Fire HD is explicitly advertised as supporting Audible, c) there are clearly no licensing issues as they happily support my iPad and iPhone in the UK, and 4) the applications there and works fine apart from integration with the Audible store.

Why do they provide these ridiculous answers which are patently incorrect? It just insults the intelligence of the user.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 8:59:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2012 9:06:14 AM PST
I was hoping to use the new Kindle Paper White for Audible but it doesn't have sound capability. Too bad as I also read in bed lots but like to listen to books in the middle of the night.

Kindle Fire is much heavier and not easy to hold with one hand in bed while reading. So do I just keep my old Kindle which performs both tasks or do I buy a new Paper White and a Fire?

Expensive!

The funny thing is Amazon says the following: "Kindle Paperwhite does not have audio or Text-to-Speech. This makes the device smaller and lighter than it would otherwise be."

I would rather have the audio feature and have the Paper White be a little heavier than to have to hold the Kindle Fire in bed.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 11:44:01 AM PST
Got email from Amazon yesterday. The Audible app now supports audible.co.uk and audible.de and is available in the App Store

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 12:27:22 PM PST
have just downloaded it, very happy now. thank you for sharing :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 1:26:38 AM PST
flickbaker says:
Ah but, does Rockhopper's solution work with Audible.com? I have no Audiobooks tab and I now have a permanent stomach-ache from trying to access Audiobooks downloaded through the Audible app to my HD. These are purchased from Audible.com. Gawd knows how I managed with gritted teeth to get two downloaded, but they're there, but a third book just won't show up anywhere on the device, tho' I can see 1.26Gb space used under (annoyingly greyed out so inaccessible) "other" in the device settings. I can see them when connected to my mac through the Android app but just can't access them. This horrible, annoying thing has a mind of its own - actually half a mind as it's incomplete! It's just a flash shopping channel. I wish I'd stayed with my ipod.

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 4:56:14 AM PST
JustMe says:
Are you in the UK flick? i was initially puzzled by the lack of Audible app on my new HD but then i noticed it has its own menu item on the Home page. Opened it up and there were all my books. It even synced with the book i was listening to on my old fire.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 8:44:50 AM PST
S. Lawson says:
Anyone knows how to transfer an already downloaded audiobook from Audible (I don't have an account with them anymore) onto my Kindle HD Fire? Have tried from my Mac via USB - the file shows on the window on the Mac, but can't find it anywhere on the Kindle...

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 8:45:47 AM PST
Are you following the directions at http://www.amazon.com/kindletransfer?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 8:51:47 AM PST
S. Lawson says:
Yes I have. I've tried transferring the audiobook into various folders in the Kindle (music - at it is where it is stored on my Mac -, Books, Local storage)... but it never seems to show up on my Kindle. When I do a search from the home screen, it doesn't come up either.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 8:59:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 27, 2012 9:01:17 AM PST
Dog Lover says:
Dang.

Got caught by the zombie thread phenomenon again.

Deleted my original entry.

DL

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 9:05:30 AM PST
Is the file in a format supported by the Fire? You may want to contact audible.com directly for help, they have great CS and are very helpful!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 9:06:46 AM PST
~nospin says:
Actually you do still have an account with Audible - you are just not currently paying monthly in their view.
Go to Audible with your old log in and change the account to your Amazon log in.

Books in the account would then be in your http://amazon.com/myk when you select audible from the dropdown selection.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 9:09:27 AM PST
Dog Lover says:
1) Was your original audible account linked to your current Amazon account? If not, I don't think you'll be able to get to them via the Kindle unless audible reactivates that old account, you link it to your Amazon account, and, then - if you really must, you again close the audible account.

2) Have you checked your Manage Your Kindle list to see if the audible books are there?

3) You must have a Fire or something, right? I don't believe that the "music" folder for Amazon products is the home for audible.com files. (It drives me a little crazier that Apple/iTunes manages those files as "music" on my iPod Touch. It doesn't on my iPod mini thing - can't remember the model name.)

DL

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 9:13:01 AM PST
~nospin says:
I did not think Audible closed accounts - just considered them inactive.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 9:14:16 AM PST
Dog Lover says:
Yes - I used the word incorrectly.

DL
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Software Update for Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage and $79 Kindle
0 13 days ago
Announcement
Simon & Schuster Agreement
0 Oct 20, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
amazon Echo 786 23 seconds ago
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The times they are a changin' 4689 2 minutes ago
Kindle Fire Tips: Getting Started 2 5204 4 minutes ago
FREE Books & Chat (FB&C) Thanksgiving & Black Friday 26/27 Nov. 2014 84 6 minutes ago
Fire HD 7 or Fire HDX 7? 2 7 minutes ago
Can you read a Kindle Fire outside? 9 8 minutes ago
kindle fire hdx 8.0 - wifi vs verizon 4g lte/at&t 4g lte 166 10 minutes ago
Any E-Ink Product That Includes Full Web Browsing? 6 20 minutes ago
RAOK # 80 - Acts of Kindness Are In the Pipeline™ 6367 35 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  Oct 28, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions