Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Organize Kindle

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 6, 2012 7:20:58 PM PST
Heather says:
Is there anyway you can organize your e-books in to collections on your laptop then transfer them back to your kindle as you have organized them? hope that all makes seance lol

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:26:50 PM PST
The Blade says:
It makes sense, but unfortunately you can't quite do what you want. The closest that you can come is to use Calibre, a free program, to organize and manage your content but it comes short of what you are looking for.

Still, it is a nice program and quite useful.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:33:49 PM PST
Heather says:
Thank you, I'm looking into that now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:34:57 PM PST
B. Marks says:
Personally I think the best way to organize my Kindle is to keep the book I'm currently reading on it and a few more books I might want to read next.

When I got my first Kindle, a little over 2 years ago, I put everything I had on it. I'd already been buying Kindle books for a while to read onother devices so I had quite a few. I probably had as many as 80 or 90 books on it before long.

I quickly realized that was hard to manage so I went through it removing anything I didn't expect to read in the near future. I probably got it down to about 20 books.

As I used it more and more I began to realize that with fewer books it was a lot easier to use and find what I was looking for so I kept cutting back the number of books on it.

I think I have 4 or 5 books on it currently, along with a few short stories. And even that's more than I need. But the Kindle is a lot nicer device this way.

Barry

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 7:44:24 PM PST
Notey says:
I use this: http://www.kindlecollectionmanager.com/ to put books into collections on my pc, then my Kindle.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Nov 6, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions