Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Charger for a first generation Kindle

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 11, 2012 11:13:13 AM PST
cadamyst says:
I am still looking for a charger that works for the 1st generation Kindle. No, it is not Amazon Kindle Micro USB Cable nor is it Rapid wall home ac charger. Mine needs one similar to the Fire only smaller and the sides are not straight. Can we try again?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 11:19:15 AM PST
The first generation Kindle charger does not use any kind of USB connector. The cord for the USB connection and the cord for the charger are completely separate; the K1 can't charge from the computer. One end of the charger cord goes into a wall socket; the other looks like a headphone jack.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 11:23:25 AM PST
 Ann says:
Is it a 1st-generation Kindle, from 2007? There's one here - HD HDX Tablet Electronic Book Reading Device Replacement AC Wall Charger Adapter (Compatible with all HD & HDX Models)

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 11:24:33 AM PST
Beth Sexton says:
Sally, it looks like they no longer carry it.

Amazon 1st Generation Kindle Replacement Power Adapter

I think you will have to get one of the universal ones with the K1 tip.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 12:23:02 PM PST
cadamyst says:
I ordered this one and I hope it works. Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2015 5:38:13 PM PDT
Jp says:
Did you ever find one. I am now looking for one. I don't want to give up on my 1 st generation kindle but my cord is splitting. I'm not sure if I could just use electrical tape and keep a close eye on it. I would much rather be safe. If you know of any place please let me know. Thank you so much in advance

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2015 6:09:17 PM PDT
Snoozy says:
I'm guessing even if they did, 2 1/2 years later their source has probably dried up. Your best bet is probably to call support and see what they say.

Posted on Jul 16, 2015 6:43:16 PM PDT
The link that Ann posted has the charger still in stock:

HD HDX Tablet Electronic Book Reading Device Replacement AC Wall Charger Adapter (Compatible with all HD & HDX Models)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2015 8:21:44 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 20, 2015 8:23:02 AM PDT
PS56k says:
your "1st gen" means nothing.... as everything was "1st gen" at some point in time.

Are you talking about the very 1st Kindle with the tiny round power plug ?
OR -
all the other Kindle devices that were USB based -
using either the Mini USB connector or the Micro USB connector -

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2015 8:36:30 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 20, 2015 8:37:21 AM PDT
Jp contact customer service. A couple years ago people had chargers with splitting wires and they replaced them. Maybe you will get lucky.

Posted on Dec 3, 2015 1:49:47 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2015 1:50:57 PM PST
Louise says:
This one does NOT come with the cylindrical headphone jack type tip that the 1st gen kindle requires even though the photo for it shows that tip. Disappointed.

ETA: I ordered it and received a charger with a mini USB tip, that's how I know.

HD HDX Tablet Electronic Book Reading Device Replacement AC Wall Charger Adapter (Compatible with all HD & HDX Models)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2015 1:54:00 PM PST
This is what you need for the K1:

Amazon Kindle (1st Generation) compatible Advanced Rapid Wall AC Charger - Amazingly powerful home charge design built with Gomadic Brand TipExchange
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 1596 6 minutes ago
85° and Sunny - A Perfect Day to RAOK! 9462 10 minutes ago
Amazon Fire TV and Netflix 8 17 minutes ago
Does Kindle Paperwhite have the infamous 'blue light' that disrupts sleep? 191 18 minutes ago
Kindle Fire Windows 10 Problem 52 31 minutes ago
June Informal Poll -- What are you reading? 186 33 minutes ago
Kindle Fire - turned on for first time and only backlight. Defective or something else? 7 36 minutes ago
Book 15 37 minutes ago
Book descriptions 1 44 minutes ago
Amazon Oasis 1955 44 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Nov 11, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 3, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions