Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Audio - can I make it louder or plug in?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 25 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 14, 2012 6:41:55 AM PST
Debbie Crowe says:
I use my Kindle to read to me each morning while I get ready and sometimes take it to listen to on the way to work. The audio is just not very loud. Is there a speaker or something I could plug this into when I carry it with me or need it to be louder in the house? Thanks! Debbie

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 6:47:41 AM PST
You may already have speakers that will work and you might just need an inexpensive cable. The same goes for your car stereo. It all depends on what you already have.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 6:48:57 AM PST
Anything like this:

X-Mini II XAM4-B Portable Capsule Speaker, Mono, Black

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 6:50:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 6:51:11 AM PST
Bixillarla says:
Yes. Any speaker that has a standard 3.5mm plug will work. I use my computer speakers with mine when needed, just plug the cord into the headphone jack and it works just fine.

They make portable speakers as well for Ipods, MP3 players, laptops, etc those will work with tablets that have the headphone jack output.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 6:54:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 6:56:58 AM PST
Lots of clock radios have decent speakers and have the jack for MP3 players.

ETA: Then you just need a cable like Griffin GC17103 Auxiliary Audio Flat Cable-3 feet, Black Just make sure it has 3.5mm male on both ends. If your car stereo has an auxiliary jack, the same cable will work there.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 6:57:56 AM PST
I found these at a local discount store for $8:

Sound Logic iCapsule Speaker (usc-12/4825)

They work pretty good and are nice and small.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 7:00:27 AM PST
Nice.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 7:17:50 AM PST
Debbie Crowe says:
Well this is wonderful information!! I had no idea I had these options and all this time I have been straining to hear my reader in certain conditions. Thanks so very much!!!

Debbie

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 7:26:24 AM PST
Any headphones will work as well: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_scat_172541_ln?rh=n%3A172541%2Ck%3Aheadphones&keywords=headphones&ie=UTF8&qid=1352906651&scn=172541&h=dbd75752f18efe9f939591af101e9a0ab3a65a91

I have several pairs of JBuds and love them, but there are also a ton of headphones that rest on the outside of your ear if you don't like earbud styles. I also have a X-mini capsule speaker (Meya linked to it above). It's very portable and loud if you don't want headphones.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 8:16:11 AM PST
Debbie Crowe says:
Ok, thanks. I really didnt want to have to wear headphones, and especially not when I am driving. I wanted to be able to hear it clearly over the din of the car, etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 8:25:00 AM PST
Debbie, for use in the car, a device this this:

Coby CA-745 Wireless FM Car Transmitter with Digital Display and DC Car Cigarette Lighter Adapter

will allow you to hear the audio over your car speakers.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 8:27:20 AM PST
I want to buy a kindle and would like to know which one supports audio, audio books and music?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 8:29:31 AM PST
My car has an auxiliary jack that I hook my Kindle up to to play it on the car speakers. I listen to my books in the car all the time.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 8:31:38 AM PST
At this point the only eInk Kindle that does that is the Kindle Keyboard. The Kindle Fires should also work if you're looking for more of a tablet device.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 8:35:07 AM PST
In addition to the FM transmitter Meya mentioned, if you don't have the auxiliary jack in the car, you can also use an inexpensive cassette tape adapter. That's what I use in my old truck and it's a lot less hassle than trying to find a non-broadcasting station over the FM transmitter.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 8:38:52 AM PST
Debbie Crowe says:
I dont have one of those but I know what you are talking about - this is why I needed a speaker. Good to know! Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 8:45:17 AM PST
Does your car have a cassette player?

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 8:54:32 AM PST
Scott Lewis says:
There is a free app in the amazon app store called sound boost that GREATLY enhances and raises the sound level and quality. After installing this app, I had to LOWER the sound setting on the kindle to halfway and the music sounded great and loud.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 9:35:53 AM PST
Debbie Crowe says:
yes it does have a cassette player. i just looked when i went out to lunch and there is no where to plug anything in.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 9:36:19 AM PST
Debbie Crowe says:
i looked on the amazon app store but not finding this app for my Kindle Keyboard

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 9:36:42 AM PST
Debbie Crowe says:
Yes that is what I have, the Kindle Keyboard

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 9:40:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 9:41:46 AM PST
Since it has a cassette adapter, you can use of of these:

Belkin XM Auto Cassette Adapter for Apple iPod / Apple iPhone

Plug the pointy bit in to the Kindle, pop the cassette part in the car cassette player, and WHAMO, you have sound through the car stereo. Very cool and super easy. (Don't worry that it says it's for an iPod or iPhone, it will work with any audio player, including a Kindle.)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 9:44:06 AM PST
Debbie Crowe says:
Ok, ill look into it, cheap enough, LOL! I kind of wanted something I could take back and forth from the car. If I am cleaning for example, just leaving the immediate area to put something away but walking around a corner, it would be nice to have it louder so I didnt have to carry it with me, lol

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 9:49:44 AM PST
There isn't anything that can connect it to your car speakers and your home speakers. But you can leave the adapter in the car and connect your computer speakers when you're in the house. Or your stereo speakers or maybe even your clock radio.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 9:59:49 AM PST
Debbie Crowe says:
Hmm, ok. Well I am thinkiing that Mini speaker (battery operated) that was posted earlier will work. I looked at the link and its just a rechargable battery and you plug into and can take it with you.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  25
Initial post:  Nov 14, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions