Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Stop another kindle seeing my content

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 25, 2012 2:22:05 AM PST
Hi - I bought a Kindle for my son - and registered it to my account - but he can see all of my books on his Kindle, which are not for kids. Is there any way of separating what he can see, so that he only sees the books I purchase for him - and not my books?

Thanks for any help,

Laura

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 2:37:44 AM PST
What sort of a kindle is it? It's hard to give you much idea about what is and isn't possible without knowing that.

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 3:06:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 25, 2012 3:07:14 AM PST
Sorry, Kindle Fire HD - just bought this month. I can remove them from the carousel, but if he clicks on Cloud - they are there again. I don't want him seeing 50 shades for example!!

Thank you.

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 3:12:39 AM PST
I'm not sure how the fire works but the newer e-ink models have parental controls so you can block the archives, internet, and purchasing activities. If it's an older model you may have to do the register/add books/deregister dance to keep him out of your archives.

Like CBP says, give us the model number and someone can give you an idea -- plus look at this thread: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/forums/kindleqna/ref=kindle_help_forum_tft_tp?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1GLDPZMNR1X53&cdThread=Tx1DPH17CYCLIZ8

JTG

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 3:20:22 AM PST
Hi - its the Kindle Fire HD, version 7.2.0 16GB - thank you again.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Dec 25, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions