Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Region Support - Kindle Fire HD purchase

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 1, 2012 7:53:51 AM PST
Shane Barnes says:
Hey Kindle team,

i purchased my first Kindle a few days ago, after being impressed with the reviews. I should point out the item was purchased and shipped to Jamaica... located in the Caribbean. To my surprise almost all apps are not available to me for download or use, whether free or charged. Can anyone help with this ?

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 7:59:22 AM PST
T. Cook says:
That is correct, the App store is US Only.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 8:00:11 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
So you are saying that Amazon sold it directly to you in Jamaica????

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 8:03:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 1, 2012 8:50:56 AM PST
T. Cannon says:
This is a forum of Amazon/Kindle customers. You may want to contact Amazon directly through the Help link at the bottom of this forum page.

Edited to change "for" to "of" in the first sentence so as to make my meaning more clear. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 8:19:34 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
and the OP is a Kindle Customer if they bought a Kindle

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 8:21:56 AM PST
Shane Barnes says:
thanks for the comments guys, just for confirmation, the Kindle was bought in the US and shipped to Jamaica through third party.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 8:25:26 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
you'll have to get your apps through third party providers - I'd recommend goodereader, 1mobile and getjar

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 8:37:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 1, 2012 8:38:51 AM PST
T. Cannon says:
Sorry maybe I phrased my reply wrong. I just wanted to let them know that Amazon may be able to help them more than "other" kindle customers since the problem seemed to be one of where and how Apps were available. I didn't mean to imply that they did not belong here. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 8:38:21 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
that's cool then, but I was able to tell them how and where to get apps from other sources, so they did come to the right spot

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 9:18:02 AM PST
Shane Barnes says:
Thanks CBRetriever and T. Cannon, i contacted Amazon support and they assisted by stating i need a US credit Card, or use third party site as suggested.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 9:20:07 AM PST
Bixillarla says:
There is no help for it, the app store is only available to US residents. You also cannot stream/purchase/rent videos or music from Amazon.

The Fire is very limited outside the US as stated on the product page when you click the Using Outside the US link.

You will have to get your apps from 3rd party websites and sideload them.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Dec 1, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 1, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions