Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle fire wont charge or turn on

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 369 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 25, 2011 6:16:28 AM PST
It was working fine. But now it wont turn on or charge. I know it is not the charger as it works on another kindle fire. Any advice would be appreciated.

Posted on Dec 25, 2011 6:34:49 AM PST
Fud53 says:
Call amazon...that's your best move. Merry Christmas!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2011 6:42:47 AM PST
Try holding the power button down for 30 seconds and see if that helps.

Can you try the charger from the other fire to try and isolate whether it is the Fire or the charger?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2011 6:46:23 AM PST
Holding the power button down worked. I think its the Fire not the charger.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2011 6:50:37 AM PST
You should be okay since you were able to reset.
Have a wonderful holiday!

Posted on Dec 25, 2011 9:45:14 AM PST
Greg says:
I have the same problem. I tried to turn it off, but it just turns back on. Other then that and the charging issue, it appears to function like it should..

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2011 9:46:31 AM PST
Greg-
Is your Fire trying to update to 6.2.1?
Leave it alone for a half hour and see how it functions.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2011 7:00:12 PM PST
iam also having the same problem, it will not charge at all or come back on. would appreciate any advice

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 7:18:43 AM PST
W. Brandt says:
Mine won't charge anymore as well.

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 7:27:36 AM PST
Greg says:
Update on mine: it just shipped with a faulty charger. My girlfriend has about 7 micro USB chargers so it wasn't a big deal.

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 7:23:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Aug 23, 2013 2:46:29 PM PDT
Ok so I had the same issue. I did the hard reset and it turned in, but it still blinks every once in awhile. I have to believe there is something wrong with it. Glad I found this thread.....it had been off for two days and when I finally got it back on, if was fully charged. Sounds like they have a big issue.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2012 8:33:03 PM PST
having the same problem - won't come on and appears to not be charging after a long charging time.
The 30 second reset cleared it

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2012 9:08:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 3, 2012 9:10:49 AM PST
Em says:
Thank you for the hint, it worked. For those as un-knowledgeable as me with electronics, maybe this will help. After holding the power button down as suggested, first the power button turned orange, then the wording "Kindle Fire" came on in small letters in the center of the screen, stayed for a few seconds, and then the home screen came on with the arrow.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2012 9:33:07 AM PST
My kiddle, did the same thing! I held, it down the power botton 30 seconds. Now, it working fine. Thanks for the help.

Posted on Jan 4, 2012 6:19:46 AM PST
My kindle fire will come on but will turn off with-in seconds was working fine before. Any suggestions?

Posted on Jan 5, 2012 7:40:23 PM PST
I had the same issue but after a while the kindle will stop charging even after I restart it. I contacted customer support and it seems to be a common issue and I am having to send it in for a replacement. Seems like a batch or more of kindles have this defective issue.

Posted on Jan 5, 2012 7:40:35 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 5, 2012 7:41:22 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 5, 2012 10:54:56 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 22, 2012 12:46:50 PM PST
Maleko says:
Mine just died this week, kept trying to charge it as i thought the battery was just low, but then it just started to turn off as soon as i turned it on. It's dead now, a reset didn't do anything. Guess i'll have to send it in.

Note: Contacted customer service, they were great. Sent me a new one.. took almost 2 weeks to get it, but it was brand new. You can print a return label and return in the same box. All content that you purchased is still there in the cloud, was pretty easy to set up new kindle fire, but it did set me back a day or 2 for setup. Now i'm not taking any chances. I just leave it off the charger till it's low. Still think it's a great device for the price, and i guess thats what we get for not paying 399 like similar devices.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2012 3:03:18 AM PST
mine is doing this too, tried holding down the power button, but nothing happens

Posted on Jan 13, 2012 12:14:20 PM PST
Geraldo says:
Sometimes my kindle fire won't charge... I push the micro usb connection upwards and then it hits the charge. I think its a micro usb connection issue where the metal part in the kindle port is not touching the charger.

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 12:33:32 PM PST
T. Jones says:
having the same issues as everyone else has mentioned above. Really annoyed because I can't read. OMG I JUST TRIED THE HOLDING DOWN THE button!!! It worked!!! I really hope this issue get fixed!!!!

Posted on Feb 9, 2012 6:45:08 PM PST
I'm having charging problems to.I have to move the cable around until the light comes on.I sit it down and it stops charging.Called customer service and they are mailing a new one.Be here in two days.I just hope its the kindle and not the charger because they only sent a new fire and you keep the old charger.It does seem a little loose.But over all my family loves this thing.Wish with all the money they are making from these things they would open a call center here in America.You just cant understand them on the other line.And I'm young with good hearing.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2012 1:28:21 PM PST
britt says:
thank you soo much! you helped me out!! thank you again

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 6:26:16 PM PST
Christine says:
I have had my Fire not even 2 weeks when I had this same issue as everyone else today and was totally freaking out because I LOVE my Fire! But I followed the instructions here and also found the same instructions on Amazon Kindle Fire Support web page and it worked. I sure hope this is not going to be a regular occurence!

Posted on Feb 25, 2012 9:32:20 AM PST
j claybern says:
Thank You for the reset info. Got mine working again.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 8 days ago
Announcement
Meet other story lovers at Write On by Kindle
36 9 days ago
Announcement
Enjoy your print books and personal documents on your Kindle with Kindle Convert.
0 Feb 2, 2015
Deleted book?? 2 1 minute ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion III 9818 2 minutes ago
ebook return policy 437 2 minutes ago
We're So Quirky, Our Chihuahuas Ride Bicycles! So Geese and Tally Ho! 2025 10 minutes ago
Al's Place 35mm 7452 16 minutes ago
Kindle Fire HDX 7" Turning on WiFi causes complete reboot of device 45 19 minutes ago
Prime and Instant Streaming 8 25 minutes ago
It's After Midnight and I Just Opened a Bottle of Wine 2721 30 minutes ago
What happened to the dictionary? 80 31 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  180
Total posts:  369
Initial post:  Dec 25, 2011
Latest post:  18 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 48 customers

Search Customer Discussions