Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

My new Kindle Fire HD very problematic.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 28, 2012 6:13:34 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 28, 2012 8:45:31 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:17:41 AM PST
Return it. Today. Please.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 6:19:34 AM PST
You can return for no reason within 30 days.

The product page clearly says that only a USB cord is included, no charger. You'd rather have 2 exactly the same chargers?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:20:21 AM PST
Who said you can't charge it while it is turned off?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:23:19 AM PST
PGM says:
When it is off, if I plug it in it turns back on. If it is charging and I turn it off it stops charging. Try it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:23:28 AM PST
Well, what is a good thing about your problem, is that it has been less than 30 days since your Kindle Fire HD arrived. I suggest you call Amazon KINDLE Customer Service and either request a replacement, or, seeing you seem very unhappy, request a refund.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:23:53 AM PST
PGM says:
I wish I could. Do you know any at Amazon who can help me?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:25:02 AM PST
PGM says:
Any AC charger would be helpful. 1 included charger would be about what I would expect with the purchase of any new device.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:26:25 AM PST
You absolutely can. Just go to your orders here on Amazon. Click "return this item", print the label, box it up, take it to a UPS drop. You don't need Tech Support's *permission*. Just do it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:26:29 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
and it goes to sleep shortly after that - there's nothing to worry about there

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:27:26 AM PST
PGM says:
They wont let me return it. They want the "kindle logs" which I am incapable of doing. Do you know anyone at Amazon who can help me?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:28:34 AM PST
PGM says:
It was provided to me through a third party. Amazon has a deal with my internet provider cablevision. It is not listed as a purchase in my account.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:29:20 AM PST
No, dude. I don't know ANYONE at Amazon. Call Customer Service. Ignore Tech Support. Just TELL CS you don't want it, you want to return it. Period.

See that little blue Help breadcrumb up there? Click it, click Call Me. Tell them.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:29:23 AM PST
PGM says:
I wish I could.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:29:37 AM PST
Oh, well then you're skrewwed.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:41:33 AM PST
Just Peachy says:
Contact Customer Service. Tell them you want to return it.
If you bought it through someone else, then contact THEM and tell them you want to return it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:45:41 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Don't expect, actually read what is included. Makes life much easier than expecting something.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:47:11 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Then ask for a warranty replacement because it sounds like you have a bad device. If you have to ask for a supervisor.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 7:48:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 7:53:38 AM PST
PGMyr,

As Folina® Xmas = December said above:

" You absolutely can. Just go to your orders here on Amazon. Click "return this item", print the label, box it up, take it to a UPS drop. You don't need Tech Support's *permission*. Just do it."

Edited to add... just saw your "bought through third party" comment. Your Kindle is still under warranty. Call back CS and tell them you DO NOT want to mess around with this "send Kindle logs" request and request a replacement.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 7:50:40 AM PST
I think you had better contact this third party then. You should be able to return or request a replacement.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 7:54:42 AM PST
quilt lover says:
Coleen and everyone else who keeps saying he can return it: He stated that he got it through his internet provider

"It was provided to me through a third party. Amazon has a deal with my internet provider cablevision. It is not listed as a purchase in my account."

So he won't be able to return it for money, but if something is wrong with it he will be able to exchange it for a working one.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 7:54:57 AM PST
J. Gatie says:
AC charger included? Like with every iPod? Whoops, check that. iPods never came with chargers, only the USB cable.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:05:37 AM PST
jsh1120 says:
For the record, 100,000 TONS (yes, that's right) of toxic chargers are dumped into landfills every year. NOT including a wall charger with every device is a responsible move, especially since as the OP notes, he had a charger that works perfectly.

http://www.popsci.com/gadgets/article/2012-06/how-wireless-charging-will-keep-toxic-waste-out-landfills

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 1:10:39 PM PST
PGM says:
Problem resolved, post deleted, earth saved.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 1:13:02 PM PST
Utter BS.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Thoughts on "Discount Reviewers" 2 16 minutes ago
How do you update apps on the Kindle Fire 222 17 minutes ago
FREE Books & Chat - June 2016 598 18 minutes ago
85° and Sunny - A Perfect Day to RAOK! 9605 21 minutes ago
Kindle Fire - maximum brightness level but still too dim! 1 30 minutes ago
deleting books from Kindle app on IPad or IPhone 163 40 minutes ago
Australian/Kiwi kindle users thread #4 - "the BBQ" 6639 48 minutes ago
Kindle Fire won't pick up our home Wireless Internet... 18 1 hour ago
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 1657 1 hour ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #5: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food 8670 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  26
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions