Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

popping noise fix????

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 6, 2012 3:05:38 PM PST
ok on my second kindle fire hd 7 and the speakers pop with or without dolby on when is amazon going to fix this has anyone found a fix or know anything i am not sure i even understand how an update will fix this thank you so much

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 3:11:55 PM PST
Melissa - I believe Amazon is looking into the issue, however there has been some educated speculation that the "popping" sound issue is caused by certain apps and games that users have installed on their Fires that are not handling the audio correctly. Because, like you, they got a replacement Fire from Amazon, loaded the same apps and games on it, and are having exactly the same issue.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 3:17:40 PM PST
any advice i mean will amazon stand behind the product and fix this the only game i have is solitare should i just return it and give up

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 3:21:25 PM PST
Melissa - If the solitaire game is the only app you have installed on the Fire HD, try uninstalling it, and doing a hard reboot on your Fire and see if the issue goes away.

With the Fire charged but unplugged from the charger, press and hold the power button for 30 full seconds. After the Fire cycles off completely, press the power button once to turn it back on.

Also, make sure you have installed the most recent software upgrade:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_navbox_200529680_kindlelhd?nodeId=201016350

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 3:33:10 PM PST
after i do all this should i reinstall the app i love that game thank you for all your help and also mine is not up to date tried to sync not seeing where its doing anything

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 3:35:19 PM PST
turn the speakers off

if you want to play games get a real computer or tablet

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 3:41:13 PM PST
Melissa - If the popping noise disappears after you uninstall the app, that may have been the problem. If you re-install it, the issue may come back. Play around with it and see what happens.

Also, if your Fire HD did not automatically update to 7.2.1, you can update the software manually. The link I gave you gives instructions on how to do that.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 3:41:27 PM PST
ok so kindle fire is not for playing games???

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 3:42:44 PM PST
i cant see any use for a kindle fire except amazons bottom line
(or is it made b ygoogle? - whatever)

at best it might be used to read a book the hard way
personally i prefer dead cellulose to read

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 3:52:42 PM PST
thanks Laura bummed i have to do it manually and please the other poster was just asking questions about the devicenot amazons bottom line etc. I enjoy playing games and watching the prime shows isnt that what the kindle is for

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 3:55:52 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 3:59:48 PM PST
the kindle is a tablet so not sure i understand your point please just help not negativity

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 4:05:21 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 4:06:39 PM PST
J. Donahue says:
Gee, aren't you just a regular bundle of joy....

Why not expand and impress us with your knowledge of which tablet on the market is best for all of our needs?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 4:17:20 PM PST
i have no idea

but you all are very hostile for some reason

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 4:24:57 PM PST
Melissa - Sure, the Kindle Fire is great for apps and games. This "popping" noise problem has been experienced by many users, but it's been very hard to figure out what is causing it. It may not be your solitaire game that is causing the issue, but if it is, I'm sure you can find another solitaire game that works better. If you still have the popping noises, contact Kindle Customer service again and ask for help. They may replace it again.

In the long run, I hope Amazon can pinpoint what is causing this issue in some Fire HD units.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 4:36:46 PM PST
just curious do you own one does it work ok

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 4:38:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 4:39:53 PM PST
J. Donahue says:
Maybe it was your "Amazon Products Suck" attitude that you brought to the board?

After all, this is a forum for people who have invested in Amazon products.

Think of going to a home team football stadium, and, during half time, you stand up and say that the home team is really bad and that they need a new coach...

What do you think might happen, hmmmm???

Perhaps a little hostility might be headed your way?

Also, you referred to the Fire as a "tiny handheld thing". Have you compared the size of the Fire to, say, the Google Nexus 7 tablet? Can you tell me what the size difference is?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2012 1:44:15 AM PST
Rhonda says:
sure
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: New Update for Kindle for Android 4.6
86 3 hours ago
Announcement
Update re: Amazon/Hachette Business Interruption
0 Jul 29, 2014
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
Which models of Kindle let you pick your default dictionary? 7 8 minutes ago
2014 Kindle Paperwhite - Anyone know how much it will cost? 201 12 minutes ago
RAoK #78 and still going! 3502 13 minutes ago
is there an app for that? 3212 24 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #4: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food! 2770 25 minutes ago
Australian/Kiwi kindle users thread #4 - "the BBQ" 175 26 minutes ago
Free Books and Chat - Friday August 29, 2014 8 27 minutes ago
We're an International Quirky Bunch! Put on Your Chiffon and Taffeta, Sashay In, Pet a Midnight Goat, Cat or Dog, Crack Open Your Stelvin Closures and Say "Hi" to Cherie! 4298 34 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  Nov 6, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions