Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

how do i delete some stuff internal storage is full

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 22, 2012 8:40:49 PM PST
D. Skaggs says:
internal mem is full how do i empty

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 8:45:08 PM PST
which kindle?

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 8:46:46 PM PST
Are you talking about your kindle? I can only suggest send some to archive and it will free up some memory. Just delete a bought book and it will go to archive that you can then download later if you want to reread it.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 8:59:14 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2012 9:00:14 PM PST
Cluny says:
Removing books, movies,apps etc. may not resolve an internal storage issue. I was getting out of memory message w /less than two hundred books a few apps and one movie .......the more books etc. that I removed, instead of getting better, the problem worsened. I finally connected kFire to computer, Looked at folders and found a cache file had swallowed almost all my memory. Sent contents of cache folder to recycle bin and it solved problem. Then emptied recycle trash once I was sure everything was working again on kFire. Recovered almost 400GB of missing internal storage.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 9:03:32 PM PST
D. Skaggs says:
it is a kindle fire and it says internal mem is almost full but their is not very much in it

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 9:10:54 PM PST
Cluny says:
Then you need to look at cache files as you would if kFire were just another external drive. From what I understand, some apps store to cache and no mechanism to delete files exists on kindle cept what I figured out. There is an app (no personal exerience with) that also may fix problem from what I 've heard. It is called es explorer for kindle fire. But my way worked without installing another app.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 9:19:54 PM PST
M. Ratcheson says:
The first generation Kindle Fire, which I used to have, divided it's memory between internal storage and "SD". The internal storage houses the Apps, for the most part. Deleting apps from the device should free up that part of memory.

So far as I've been able to determine, my Kindle Fire HD doesn't create a distinction for memory. There is a single pool.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 9:20:57 PM PST
D. Skaggs says:
thank you very much worked great

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 9:24:54 PM PST
Cluny says:
Terrific....keep this in mind cuz it most likely will happen again!

Posted on Apr 13, 2013 7:44:55 AM PDT
Joanna says:
Es explorer doesn't work what's the cache called

Posted on Apr 13, 2013 10:16:05 AM PDT
Cluny says:
Look in all the folders and sub folders in kindle drive....it "s a cache that starts with a 'V"....something like Venturi????

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2013 8:11:54 AM PDT
Ok I did that it still says its full. I cant delete any more..

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 8:13:57 AM PDT
My internal storage is still full.. I cant take anymore off. Trying to download videos..

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 6:19:58 PM PDT
Cluny says:
Cynthia
If you connected kindle to computer, checked all folders and sub folders for a cache that is extremely large and didn't find anything, then call Amazon customer service. My fix has always worked prior to this!

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 6:20:02 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 18, 2013 6:20:20 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2014 10:05:36 PM PDT
k y says:
This worked! Thanks

Posted on Aug 22, 2014 11:17:38 PM PDT
Bob Millie says:
Not sure what my kindle fire generation is got it as a gift but in the storage other section was full and I couldn't delete anything in other section and if I deleted an app I would have more data added to other so deleting something gave nothing but an F.U. any suggestions

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2014 11:27:03 PM PDT
CBRetriever says:
other = operating system, stored games data, stored email, downloads, browser cache, so start by cleaning those out especially minecraft worlds

go to your browser tab, select delete/clear cache from a menu (right side one I think), then from the other menu select downloads and clear them out/delete them

you can also go into your Settings - Applications - installed apps and clear data on some of them (don't do this on ones where you want to same game progress or that you've extensively customised as those settings will be removed

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2014 11:50:34 PM PDT
CatChat says:
since you are using a kindle fire, another thing you can try is install and use the app called Clean Master.
it'll help find all the "junk" like add ad-ons and any malware that can sometimes get loaded on with other apps.
Clean Master Phone Boost

*not affiliated with the app in any way.
just one of the many satisfied customers.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 1781 1 minute ago
"Summarize" for students 17 3 minutes ago
85° and Sunny - A Perfect Day to RAOK! 9856 17 minutes ago
Block some books on family library? 2 24 minutes ago
Gifting a Kindle 4 25 minutes ago
Easier reading outside? 13 30 minutes ago
Misspellings & Typos In Books 6 36 minutes ago
returning an ebook 1 1 hour ago
Get rid of ads? 11 1 hour ago
Help, I have a Kindle and don't know what to do to get books from Amazon to the Kindle. 2 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  Dec 22, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 22, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions