Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle fire HD for Puerto rico

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 48 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 19, 2012 2:04:54 PM PDT
August says:
When will be aviable for Puerto Rico the kindle fire HD, im planing on buying a tablet and this is my first option. but I dont know how much I can wait. I need to know if will be an expantion or not, all I hear is "probably" from the customer service.

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 8:36:24 PM PDT
cindy_uf says:
I also would like to know about this. I just tried to buy two Kindle Fire HD tablets to send as gifts to Puerto Rico and when I tried to check out it says that the items cannot be shipped there.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2012 9:15:20 PM PDT
No one here knows that - we are Kindle customers, not from Amazon. Amazon does not release that sort of information in advance.

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 3:24:07 PM PDT
August says:
The most funny thing .... i went to Best Buy today and they have it .. HOW Best Buy have the Kindle FireHD on sale and Amazon cant sell it (send it) to PR??...thats what i call EPIC FAIL!!!!!

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 7:26:03 PM PDT
Dario says:
And the funny thing is I keep receiving emails here in P.R. advertising the Kindle. U.S. territory, US Postal service, US federal laws apply, US citizens. Yeah, funny thing.

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 7:27:40 PM PDT
August says:
same here ... i feel like an Alien

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 8:06:22 PM PDT
Helen says:
One problem is you can't access Amazon instant video! If you can stream Netflix video in Puerto Rico, what's happening with Amazon. Bad business strategy and they are losing a lot of business. I was ready to get a Kindle Fire but I guess I will take my business somewhere else.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 9:02:56 AM PST
Amazon is waiting for Puerto Rico to become the 51st state then maybe.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 9:18:29 AM PST
August says:
Already got the nexus 7. Is way better. And have the kindle reader.. Amazon is losing a lot if customers i dont know why...

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 4:41:48 PM PST
I can buy from newegg, tigerdirect, radioshack, walmart, etc, etc... all these stores ship to Puerto Rico, but amazon can't. I think amazon doesn't want our money.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 4:50:34 PM PST
Uh, no. Amazon most certainly wants your money.

What they don't have is the LEGAL rights to sell you the items you want. They can't just snap their fingers and make international copyright laws vanish.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:39:57 PM PST
Helen says:
US copyright laws are applicable in Puerto Rico.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 3:04:59 AM PST
CARMEN says:
How come you send me information by e-mail about your kindle. I was so excited, tried to buy one and you don't send them over here! Please!!! We are part of the United States also! Don't you know? Where and when is it going to be available here?

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 3:05:20 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 19, 2012 3:07:45 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 3:07:58 AM PST
@CARMEN: We are not from Amazon here - just other Kindle customers. Have you asked them?

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 3:39:56 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
I get kindle ads from the the UK store and I can't buy one there eitherand i get ads for the 8.9" kindle even though I'm in France - I've learned to pretty much take everything advertised in Amazon accounts as being an advertisement for people in the continental US and ignore the ads

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 7:35:57 PM PST
Yesterday I brought the kindle fire and tomorrow I'm will make a refund because I cant see any movies

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 7:41:18 PM PST
And why they put an space to post If they not resolve the problem

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 12:50:53 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
the space is for commenting on kindles and discussing problems with other kindle users and for chatting and discussing books - there is a kindle help forum, but it is again for customers with an occasional Amazon rep posting there

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 5:25:23 PM PST
Your telling me that "newegg, tigerdirect, radioshack, walmart , etc" made international copyright laws vanish??? If the ones I mentioned can ship to PR, Amazon can. Maybe they dont care, but I'm sure they can work a way to do it, like hundreds of shops in the world.

From Toy"R"Us online store: "...This item can be shipped to the entire United States including Alaska, Hawaii, and all U.S. territories including Puerto Rico"

Why Amazon can't?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 5:51:02 PM PST
August says:
I think waltmart, bestbuy, radioshak, etc are better than amazon... Lol.. Just weird

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 6:13:29 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Sure they can ship to Puerto Rico if they wanted to. But they don't have rights to sell you content there as yet so it would be pointless to sell you a device that cannot access the content.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 6:17:07 PM PST
Amazon does not want to ship you a device that they cannot sell you content for. Digital content from Amazon is not available currently for Puerto Rico.

Would you want Amazon to sell you a device that doesn't work for you?

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 3:23:25 AM PST
D. Baker says:
I know this is a forum for customers but if the Fire can be sold and used in Hawaii then why can't it be sold and used in Puerto Rico? Both are islands far from mainland US but both are part of US.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 3:24:26 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
one's a state and the other isn't (yet)
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Now Live - Join the Kindle Discussion Session
1355 35 minutes ago
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
how do i log out? 317 7 seconds ago
OASIS: Please Amazon! 39 43 seconds ago
Kindle / Audible Recommendations and Deals (KARD) 3224 58 seconds ago
Music Not Working in Kindle Fire 115 1 minute ago
battery life on kindle fire hd 367 5 minutes ago
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The Answers Are Blowing In The Wind 1557 9 minutes ago
Empty Battery Screen 71 12 minutes ago
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 3841 15 minutes ago
Is my Paperwhite 1st or 2nd Generation? 35 22 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  23
Total posts:  48
Initial post:  Oct 19, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 1, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions