Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Recently read books not moving to top of list

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 13, 2012 7:44:55 AM PDT
Siavahda says:
Hi there,

Occasionally - not after a hard reset or anything like that - some of the books I'm reading stop moving to the top of the list after reading. They don't go to the end of the list, just stay where they were.

This is not a time/date problem, and I have tried connecting to wi-fi and syncing just to make sure. It's happened several times, and each time it's a different book (or a different bunch of books).

Can anybody help?

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 11:22:54 AM PDT
Fud53 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 8:33:23 PM PDT
Josue says:
this has happened to me before and i called cs about and they were no help at all. one day it just fixed itself again but today it started doing it again :-/

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 8:37:54 PM PDT
~nospin says:
Is your kindle set to most recent?
If so, have you tried setting to collections and then back to most recent to see if it would then work?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 8:38:58 PM PDT
~nospin says:
Seriously Fud, since you do not like people asking questions why not email Amazon with the suggestion to do away with the forums.

Meanwhile, get rid of the stress in your life, stay away from the forums.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 8:57:32 PM PDT
Are you in the same place at different times? Mine sort by most recent in the collections list and loose books (so the most recently read or downloaded book will sit just after the collections, and the collection from which I've most recently read will be at the top of the list of collections) but the books inside collections don't sort by most recently read.

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 5:33:16 AM PDT
Josue says:
i have to sort by most most recent but it's like if it were on reverse order. the most recent folder becomes the last folder. as well as the most recent book becomes the last book.

last time it fixed itself and i hope it does this time as well.

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 6:41:21 AM PDT
Charlie Fox says:
Olaf

Did you check that you have the correct time on the kindle? I have heard of the books reversing when the time wasn't set correctly.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 2:28:02 PM PDT
Josue says:
funny the time went off as well. it was correct but now that i checked it was off by half hour

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 8:05:31 AM PDT
Esther Wang says:
Hi all,

I recently encountered this same problem, but managed to resolve it. On my end, it turns out that the list of recently read books wasn't updating because my connection to my standard wifi system was shut off, unbeknownst to me. I re-established my wifi connection, and the list started updating itself again without problems. I was also able to correct the misaligned time from there. I am not sure if this would help anyone, but just thought I'll leave a comment, in case the solution is this simple. It was so terribly frustrating when the list wouldn't update, so hopefully I could help someone else resolve their frustrations.

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 8:41:52 AM PDT
LadyH95 says:
Sometimes the Kindles lose their time - or more accurately the date. They revert back to some way in the past time / date. When you open a book, that book is then tagged with the last accessed date / time. The home screen will sort based on last accessed date at the top. This throws the books further down into the list. You will need to connect wirelessly or reset the time manually. Once that is done, you will probably have to open the books that were tagged incorrectly. That usually fixes it.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 8:03:48 PM PST
V. Bair says:
All of my books sort ok, excep for a book I bought and one that I got free from the first book. They will move down he list as I read other books, but then pop up to the top the next day. I was thinking that this was some paid advertisement. The other books are in order.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Update re: Amazon/Hachette Business Interruption
0 Jul 29, 2014
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
Kindle Voyage .. the return of.. wait for it... page turn buttons 74 37 seconds ago
Kindle fire in Afghanistan? 13 2 minutes ago
FREE Books & Chat - Wed/Thurs Sept 17 & 18, 2014 62 2 minutes ago
It's After Midnight and I Just Opened a Bottle of Wine 859 7 minutes ago
We're an International Quirky Bunch! Put on Your Chiffon and Taffeta, Sashay In, Pet a Midnight Goat, Cat or Dog, Crack Open Your Stelvin Closures and Say "Hi" to Cherie! 5781 11 minutes ago
Free Books and Chat - Tuesday, Sept. 16, 2014 99 12 minutes ago
kindle fire device driver upload 69 12 minutes ago
SwagBucks Thread 2863 14 minutes ago
Book - Things Do Go Wrong 5 16 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Jun 13, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions