Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Holiday Music in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Deals on DOTD
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

7" or 8.9" does it matter?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 26, 2012 10:36:33 AM PST
Cotton Socks says:
Hi All,

OK, I like the 8.9" but it has a problem and CS have told me to return it for a replacement. I am wondering if I should get the HD 7" instead of another 8.9" as the extra size and weight seem a lot.

Last year I had an original 7" and gave it to a friend as it was impossible to type on, and I have to say, the 8.9" on-screen keyboard is not that much better. But, I have added a Bluetooth external keyboard so that problem has gone away.

I love the sound on the 8.9" compared to the old Fire and I assume the 7" will be as good.

On the old 7" I found movies were quite watchable in that size so an HD 7" should be OK for me. Thoughts?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 10:37:48 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Get what makes sense to you.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 10:50:12 AM PST
The Blade says:
The sound is actually better on the 7" HD than on the 8.9".

It really depends on which model best fits your needs. Wife has the 7" HD and loves it, but her needs dictate more portability. I prefer my 8.9, but my needs dictate a larger screen for periodicals and such.

If you think that the 7" is a better fit for your personal needs, then that may be the one for you. We have the original Fire in this household as well, and - IMHO - the difference between the orig. Fire and the 7" HD is dramatic.

Best of luck on your decision.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 11:43:06 AM PST
Cotton Socks says:
Thanks Hombre, that is exactly the kind of information I was seeking. I think I will revert to the HD 7"

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:46:28 AM PST
J. Donahue says:
Wow, that's a really loaded question...

‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Dec 26, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions