Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Swaping out a gift

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 26, 2012 9:34:48 AM PST
DMeyer says:
OK, I have looked for this on the forum and I have contacted the help desk via chat, and I have not gotten a strait answer. I just got a Kindle Fire for Christmas, played around with it a bit (yes it is open and registered) and from looking at things I think a Kindle Fire HD would be nice to have (the blue tooth and such) so....
Is there a way to retern/exchange the Kindle Fire and upgrade/buy a kindle fire HD instead? And if so how much is that going to cost?
I THINK this was bought through Amazon , but I am not sure and the help desk did not seam to be able to figure that out (my brother is no available to ask for a few days).
Thanks for any idea/help on this, and sorry if it has been gone over before, but the search is not coming up with anything much on this.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 9:47:26 AM PST
FlyingAce says:
You are going to have to work with whoever bought it for you to figure it out. Have them return it, then send you either a gift card or check or something for the price of the return. Then buy what you want.
The cost will be:
price of what you want - amount of money you are given for the old kindle

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:51:20 AM PST
Additionally, if the Kindle you have now was purchased on or after November 1, you have until January 31, 2013 to return it for full refund.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Dec 26, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions