Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Way to restrict payments on a kindle fire

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 25, 2012 4:15:02 AM PST
Bhaskar Vira says:
I have just bought a Kindle fire for my daughter. I have linked it to my Amazon account, as I have already bought her some books, which she used to read on my Kindle. I want a way to restrict her paying for apps, but allow her to download free ones without putting in a password. Is there a way to do this?
I could also add a prepaid card to my account, and let her add money to that and pay for apps herself. However, I don't want to change my one-click payment method, as I then will be unable to buy books on my own Kindle. Is there a way to set a different credit card for different Kindles on the same account?
Thanks for any help!

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 4:19:00 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
No, you can either restrict all purchases or none
No, there's only one credit card on an account (it can't be separated by kindle) - if you want to give her a prepaid credit card and let her fund it, she'd have to be set up on a separate account

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 4:57:23 AM PST
M. Brewer says:
I dont want to allow unfettered access to my credit card by my child. Since Amazon doesn't let consumers know that they must have a credit card attached the kindle can I return the device? My daughter wants to know what she is supposed to do because I won't allow 1 click to be attached to her device.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 5:02:14 AM PST
Just Peachy says:
Your daughter can let you know what books she wants and you purchase them for her.
Or, you can set up another account for her use and attache a prepaid credit card to it as CBRetriever suggests above.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 5:04:07 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
just password protect it under Parental Controls

here's how on the HD:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_201009610_connect?nodeId=201009610#parental

the only kindles that don't have this option that you could possibly have are the Kindle Touches

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 5:14:05 AM PST
M. Brewer says:
I think I just want to return it and keep my CC info to myself.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 5:21:40 AM PST
Just Peachy says:
I think you are not understanding what we are telling you.
You can get a prepaid credit card with a very small amount at a store. Attach that to the account your daughter's Kindle is registered to. You aren't sharing your credit card information with any one.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Dec 25, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions