Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Jack Reachers RULES

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2012 7:14:07 AM PST
Dave Gossen says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:24:56 AM PST
What exactly are you babbling about?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:28:27 AM PST
R. D. Clark says:
It's a book. And apparently, it's proof that Lee Child really is cashing in, that selling Reacher to Tom Cruise was not a fluke, and that it's time to look for another hero.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:31:33 AM PST
Debi says:
LOL, well I wasn't interested in it at all, but I definately won't stop buying the regular series. A lot of well known authors do the same thing. I never buy the little snippets or whatever they are from any of them.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:46:56 AM PST
First of all, it's "drivel", not "dribble". The book description made it quite clear what the book consists of. It is not an "episode" in the series.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:54:12 AM PST
Debi says:
Seriously?

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 10:08:32 AM PST
As a reader, I find I run out of interest in most series before the author runs out of interest in writing them.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:24:26 AM PST
Debi says:
I do on some. I have accidentally bought the filler books just out of excitement for the series, but it's been a couple years. I read the description and check out the length a lot more carefully these days.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:55:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 11:13:33 AM PST
The Blade says:
It was once easy to tell what you were getting when everything was in paper and you could look at the book before you bought it. The ebook industry (actually, the entire internet) has made it easy to buy too quickly and not do the research. Like you, I haven't made that mistake in a long time. And I didn't buy this book for just that reason, but do intend to continue to read the actual series.

I thought A Wanted Man: A Jack Reacher Novel was Child's best book in a while. I also know opinions will differ on that. :-)

Edit:
BTW, for those interested, this is from the Book Description of Jack Reacher's Rules:

>>>>"Please note: Jack Reacher's Rules is a compilation of advice, wisdom, and facts from the Jack Reacher series of novels by #1 New York Times bestselling author Lee Child. It features an introduction by Lee Child, but is not a Jack Reacher novel."<<<<

So, not a novel, but a fan book. Something that true Reacher fans might find interesting. Since it is not a novel nor is it non-fiction, it does not interest me. But some might find it interesting. 160 pages, $9.99.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 11:38:36 AM PST
Debi says:
I'm also not interested in Diane Capri's Jack Reacher books although I do have her Justice series.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 11:58:31 AM PST
T. Cannon says:
Wierd. I did not even know that someone else wrote about Jack Reacher. It almost seems...wrong. :-) Is there anyone that WOULD recommend them and why?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 12:00:13 PM PST
There is fan fiction, some published and some not, for just about every best selling author or series out there.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 12:16:08 PM PST
The Blade says:
I've seen those, but haven't tried her work. Not sure if I will or not. You know, so many books, so little time. :-D

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 12:17:58 PM PST
apparently the line about it **NOT** being a Reacher novel was missed by many - even though it is in the description - **Jack Reacher's Rules is a compilation of advice, wisdom, and facts from the Jack Reacher series of novels by #1 New York Times bestselling author Lee Child. It features an introduction by Lee Child, but is not a Jack Reacher novel.**

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 12:20:13 PM PST
R. D. Clark says:
One does wonder if that line was always there.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 12:26:11 PM PST
I don't know - I just looked at the book description and it was right there...apparently the DVF doesn't appreciate that being pointed out by the 0 of 2 found it helpful...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 2:42:19 PM PST
Debi says:
Well you know, you get excited, you see the title Jack Reacher and you buy! Reading the description is kind of like reading instructions. ;^)

Been there done that, much more careful now.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 11:35:52 AM PST
John D. says:
Remember, you always have seven days to return a Kindle book. It's a great feature when you've got buyer's remorse.

My biggest problem is that often I don't start reading a new book within seven days. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 12:02:04 PM PST
I got this book from the library if I had purchased it I would be seriously pissed. It will be interesting to see the movie - 6'5" Jack Reacher played by 5'6" Tom Cruise who wears a leather jacket not found in most Good Will stores! Oh well, it's the movies!

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 1:37:02 PM PST
emily swan says:
I'm moving over to John Puller, David Baldacci's new hero. But there's nothing wrong with Reacher. When you sit down with one of Child's books, you know what you're getting. Tom Cruise has ruined my image of Reacher drastically unfortunately. I won't pay to see the movie. When it comes on TV I guess I'll watch so that I can complain about how a big guy, Reacher, shrunk.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 3:11:27 PM PST
Wait for it to come out in DVD and reserve it at the library then you can bitch for free

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 9:58:58 PM PST
epb says:
From what I've read, Capri's novels don't feature Reacher (!) - they're told from the perspective of two FBI agents tracking him, so they re-introduce the supporting characters from the previous books and update readers on what's happened to them since Reacher moved on as the agents interview them, with a side mystery/adventure thrown in.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 10:47:22 PM PST
Dragi Raos says:
I agree. For example, Scarpetta's Winter Table is even worse than "regular" Cornwell fare...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 5:56:01 AM PST
Debi says:
Which makes it even lamer IMO. Like a spin off series.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 6:01:10 AM PST
Debi says:
Jon F. Merz has a bunch of snippets for his Lawson Vampire Novels. I enjoyed the novels but 18 pages. I'll be done before I open the book and they're still $3
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 9 days ago
Announcement
Meet other story lovers at Write On by Kindle
36 10 days ago
Announcement
Enjoy your print books and personal documents on your Kindle with Kindle Convert.
0 Feb 2, 2015
BAAA© Amazing Kindle Books and Helpful Tips #3 3064 17 seconds ago
RAoK Room 81 is ready to serve you..... 7504 30 seconds ago
SwagBucks Thread 5382 58 seconds ago
FS Download Content 30 1 minute ago
Kindle app on iPad first generation. 5 2 minutes ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion III 9858 3 minutes ago
My kindle won't turn on 2197 4 minutes ago
iOs App: Dictionary text too light to read 6 5 minutes ago
Cannot connect to Appstore on Kindle fire? 79 7 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  26
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions