Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

The shipping boxes

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 103 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 27, 2012 3:23:26 PM PST
J. Long says:
Can anyone confirm that amazon is still shipping the kindles in the original box? I ordered a 2nd gen fire for my son for Christmas and got the accessories I ordered, but not the fire. We actually ordered a second one yesterday because it was $30 cheaper on cyber monday, so we plan on returning the one that has not arrived.

Where are we at on this, can someone help? This was the last scan:

Date Time Location Event Details
November 26, 2012 12:40:00 AM Columbus OH US Arrival Scan
November 25, 2012 09:23:00 PM Indianapolis IN US Departure Scan
November 25, 2012 06:30:00 PM Indianapolis IN US Shipment received by carrier
November 25, 2012 01:40:32 PM Whitestown IN US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 3:26:19 PM PST
Old Rocker says:
Unless you checked the gift option, it will probably arrive in the product box and not be inside another box.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 3:28:39 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
If it is the only thing coming in and you did not mark it as a gift then it will be in its own box like Old Rocker stated.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 3:37:09 PM PST
J. Long says:
Im thinking its long gone. Everything I order from Amazon always arrives on time. I have honest postal carriers and ups delivery people here in my small town. I wonder if I will even get the second one, that will be a big disappointment to my son and both my husband and I if our son only gets 3 presents after spending so much.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 3:41:43 PM PST
Old Rocker says:
If the tracking hasn't updated by now, contact Amazon customer service. They can help track it or resolve the issue. I've had two things that I remember disappear in shipping before - a new release video game and a high-end radar detector.

If the shipper has a thief, they want to know about it as soon as possible because if they stole one thing, they probably have stolen before or will in the future.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 3:46:03 PM PST
Yeah, good advice, Old Rocker. I love Amazon's "frustration free" shipping packaging EXCEPT for the fact that usually the product name is seen on many packages.

Good luck, J. Long

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 3:54:12 PM PST
J. Long says:
10 minutes left till 7pm. I dont think UPS is coming.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 3:59:35 PM PST
PJ says:
What is the commitment date? Who is the carrier? Have you contacted the carrier? Might check with them to see if there is any more info.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 4:03:07 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Go directly to the UPS page and it should tell you the date for your delivery.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 4:03:56 PM PST
J. Long says:
I thought the carrier was UPS, when I track it that is what it takes me to.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 4:06:29 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
If it is through UPS the tracking number should start with a 1Z I believe. If so then copy that number and to the UPS page and paste it to track it. It should tell you your delivery date. If it is already past then contact UPS directly by phone.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 4:12:46 PM PST
J. Long says:
Tell me where to find the tracking number that doesnt exist. I already have a tracking number as you see, otherwise I would not have the information of the last scan in Indianapolis.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 4:17:53 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 4:19:31 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
On your Amazon Account there should be a topic that says Your Orders. Click on that and you should see your order. There should be a Track Package Button. Click on that. Your order information should open up and tell you who the shipping company is and the tracking number.

Also you should have received an email from Amazon that should have that number also.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 4:19:44 PM PST
J. Long says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 4:20:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 4:21:25 PM PST
The tracking number would be in the email that you got when Amazon shipped. You should also be able to see it right here on the site under Your Orders, and Tracking for that shipment.

I do know that the UPS trucks around here have made a drastic change to their routes. We had a delivery yesterday before 1:00 in the afternoon. I used to never see them before 5:00.

Who said you were an idjet? Amazon doesn't track people tracking their orders.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 4:21:14 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
No one said you were an idiot. You asked questions and I answered them to the best of my knowledge.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 4:21:52 PM PST
J. Long says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 4:22:08 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
This time of year I have had them here after 8 pm. But the tracking page always said out for delivery.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 4:23:36 PM PST
PJ says:
WOW, that was really snarky and uncalled for. Jazzy was just trying to help you like everyone else. No crap you have a tracking# but have you called UPS instead of whining here? Geeze, try playing nicely

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 4:23:57 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
No I didn't miss anything. I've done all I can do. Maybe just contact Customer service. Good evening to you.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 4:30:16 PM PST
J. Long says:

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 4:33:45 PM PST
A Customer says:
You really need to contact Kindle CS. They can offer you far more help than customers can.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 4:36:12 PM PST
J. Long says:

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 4:38:03 PM PST
With Amazon, you won't have to fight to get your money back. Also, assuming you used a credit card to pay for them, if there are any issues, you can dispute the charges with the cc company while you work it out.

Since there is no info for today, it seems as if there is something explainable at the Columbus hub. Sunday doesn't really count either, even though it moved on a Sunday.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 4:39:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 4:40:08 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
If you are going to get upset with customers that try to help you then just contact customer service or the actual shipping company that is delivering your packages. They would have more answers than us simple customers who have no access to the tracking number or the computers of the company you are dealing with.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: New Update for Kindle for Android 4.6
89 7 hours ago
Announcement
Update re: Amazon/Hachette Business Interruption
0 Jul 29, 2014
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
disable all other options while playing solitaire 2 1 second ago
loan a book to a friend 1 46 seconds ago
Lending library 9 2 minutes ago
Default device for Kindle book downloads 0 3 minutes ago
is there an app for that? 3246 5 minutes ago
Al's Place 35mm 2593 7 minutes ago
help 1 9 minutes ago
My Kindle paperwhite got stuck on blanks screen. What next ? 43 22 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  103
Initial post:  Nov 27, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions