Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Disturbed Storm Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

keyboard kindle covers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 8:40:27 AM PST
Dittie says:
You're welcome. They make nice stuff. I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever you chose. That light needs batteries, though. It's not like the lighted cover. If you're near a Staples store and belong to their rewards program, they often have 100% back in rewards on 16-packs of Duracell Coppertops in AA and AAA sizes. Check out their weekly ads.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 8:36:04 AM PST
Thank you Dittie, I just ordered my new cover with the free light and received the 25% off coupon with the code you mentioned. I really appreciate your advice!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 8:28:27 AM PST
Dittie says:
For what it's worth, I had the lighted cover and didn't find the light to be sufficient and I didn't like how heavy it is. I'd since bought an M-edge booklike cover with the free light and it's better but later I bought the skin and I like that solution best of all. It might look like the light would be sloppy in the slit in the skin, but it really stays in place and it's about as close to the naked Paperwhite experience as you'll get when you do need more lighting. M-edge has free shipping both ways, and on sale the skin and light would be $7.49. It's worth a try and if you don't like it, send it back.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 8:22:49 AM PST
thank you very much. I will definitely try that.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 8:20:09 AM PST
Dittie says:
You can get a used one or try the M-edge with e-luminator. They have a 25% off sale right now and all the K3 covers are already marked down, plus you get the e-luminator light free. They also have a $9.99 silicon skin that's extremely lightweight and works great with the free light. Go to Medgestore dot com. The code is GIFTME25

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 8:19:12 AM PST
Thanks Jeff and I will. I was just hoping for the convenience of a built in light. I just bought my husband a Paperwhite for Christmas so I guess I'll have to learn how to share books and read them on his when I travel :~)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 8:15:32 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
You can with a clip on book light.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 8:11:40 AM PST
thank you. very disappointing that I can't get a lighted cover. Love my kindle but I can't read it in the car after dark when traveling.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 7:56:06 AM PST
Dittie says:
That was in July. Now there are only some used ones left.

Kindle Lighted Leather Cover, Black (Fits Kindle Keyboard)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 7:51:52 AM PST
I can't even find a black lighted cover. Where did you purchase that?

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 2:28:27 AM PDT
I had an apple green one when I first got my K3, It recently carked it so I could only get black. No biggie, still does the job!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 9:15:15 PM PDT
JES says:
I never own an electronic device for more than 3 years. So discontinuing accessories is not a big deal. There is always something better coming out every year.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 8:53:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 26, 2012 9:19:57 PM PDT
Arual says:
Unfortunately, that's the nature of any electronic product nowadays. It would be the same with any device. At least Amazon makes good stuff that'll last a long time. My K1 is still going strong after 3-1/2 years of hard use.

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 7:13:48 PM PDT
Haven't tried m edge, will check it out! Thanks! Blaiz, my point was that I hesitate to continue to support a product that is not supported by its producer/seller. Similarly, I would hesitate to buy a car knowing the manufacturer was going to cease production of replacement parts in few year (federal law not withstanding w/ re autos). Why should I stand by a product if amazon is not? I have kept my Kindle because the case made it convenient to read in any light. If I cannot have the convenience, I will switch products. Why would I again buy a kindle (other than fire) it the same thing is likely to reoccur in a few years?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2012 7:15:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 25, 2012 7:22:58 PM PDT
Arual says:
I'm another M-edge fan. They covers are well-made, they look good, the slide-in booklight works great, and they're reasonably priced even when not on sale. Seriously, Imsinreston, check them out.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2012 7:08:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 25, 2012 7:18:40 PM PDT
Artist says:
Because you can't buy another pretty cover, you're going to jump ship? Real smart.

Better get ready, because they will stop manufacturing any new covers, as will outside manufacturers. I just got an M-Edge New Yorker cover for my KK with a free Illuminator light, all for $9.99 with free shipping. Why do you think that M-Edge would be trying to get rid of their K3 stock?

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 6:26:39 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 10:24:31 PM PDT
Artist says:
Eventually, the older Kindles don't have new accessories manufactured for them.

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 8:34:37 PM PDT
I noticed this too when my colored cover w/ light broke. Is Amazon discontinuing these?

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2012 9:01:11 PM PDT
Joanie, go to medgestore.com. Right now, they have a sale for M-edge covers, and they ship with a free M-edge book light. They are great quality and you can get New Yorker covers for $9.99 with a free book light at checkout. This is a $60 value.

Kindle 3 covers are $9.99 with a free light
Kindle 2 covers are $20 with a free light
Kindle 4 covers are $40 with a free light

Initial post: May 4, 2012 8:53:51 PM PDT
Why can I not purchase the lighted kindle keyboard covers in colors anymore?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  May 4, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions