Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Announcement

Kindle for Android Update Version 3.6

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 163 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 15, 2012 9:11:33 AM PDT
OMG. Day two since the Kindle for Android Update to version 3.6. And all of my Kindle Content is still available on my Kindle Fire, and everything is working perfectly.

I wonder what I did wrong?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 10:09:34 AM PDT
I have Kindle running on an ASUS transformer with ICS. It works very well except for Analog magazine.
Kindle never remembers where I left off reading. When I close the app and reopen I have to reopen the magazine and it starts at the beginning. Sometimes Kindle stops working but only with Analog mag.

I have seen this same comment for the Kindle Fire.

I ha posted this problem on the Analog magazine site

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 11:33:14 AM PDT
Not able access any previously stored files in my phone... This version sucks...

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 6:08:59 PM PDT
Bruce Boyle says:
(HELP FORUM PRO)    (KINDLE FORUM PRO)
People having trouble with books not showing on the home page or not in the proper order, here's the work-around (I won't call it a fix) provided by Amazon Customer Service:

1. On your android phone [or device], go to "Settings" and then select "Applications"
2. Select "Manage Applications", then "Amazon Kindle".
3. Select "Force Stop"

Next time you open the Kindle app, your books should be visible and ready to read.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 10:27:05 PM PDT
PS56k says:
yeah, I had posted a note when it first popped upon my Nook running N2A card. Downloaded & installed. Lost all my recent "reading" books on the Home Screen. Had to go and look in the My Device and open/touch each of the books I wanted to show up on my Home Screen.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 10:28:41 PM PDT
PS56k says:
just out of curiousity - where/how did you find the previous version ?

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 8:47:12 AM PDT
Anyone know how to get sorting by title or author to work on Kindle for Android? In either case it frequently can't tell whcih is the tiel and whcih is the autor, so they get mixed. It isn't faulty metadata as the sorting works perfectly on Kindle for PC.

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 9:16:32 AM PDT
The app auto downloaded (which will not happen again). All of my personal content, free books pdf files etc can not be accesed. The files are on my tablet samsung tab 10.1. They are in a file called kindle that a previous vesion created to store my content. I cannont access it with the new version. Went back to the old version and turned off auto updates.

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 12:05:29 PM PDT
Fortunately, I turned off auto-update a while ago, more because of phone memory issues than anything else.

Does it make a difference whether personal docs are loaded through USB or sent to archives and downloaded from there? I was wondering if both methods put personal docs in the same folder, or if that has changed in the new version.

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 2:42:45 AM PDT
I soo feel all your pain. I have my kindle on my android phone. All 160 books are just scramble from HOME TO ARCHIEVE TO ON DEVICE then back again. I was on the phone to Amazon/kindle for over 18 hours over the last 3 days. The update was sent out unannounced on 6/13. But it is surely getting RSVP'D call and complain complain complain. I was told the earliest possible fix wouldn't be until Tuesday, that's possible fix.
What an unbelievable mess. The old saying comes to mine 'if it aint broke....don't fix it"
If they would have asked permission first if I would like the update I would have sad NO.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 2:47:04 AM PDT
tried that.....zip

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 4:16:29 AM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
What do you mean if they asked permission? On ALL Android devices you can opt for automatic updates or not. I have mine turned off. This goes for all apps.

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 10:42:37 AM PDT
OMG. Day five since the Kindle for Android Update to version 3.6. And all of my Kindle Content is still available on my Kindle Fire, and everything is working perfectly.

I wonder what I did wrong? As is usual I am seeing a few more new threads on this update. I wonder why so many start new threads first, instead of doing a search on the subject. But even so, very few complaints considering how many million Kindle's are out there.

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 11:10:40 AM PDT
Blade says:
Perhaps I am doing something incorrectly, but I purchased a graphic novel (V for Vendetta) for my android ICS tablet. I have two devices linked to my Amazon account, My phone, and my tablet (both android). The option to send to my tablet is greyed out, but it does give me the option to send it to my phone. Is reading graphic novels and comic strips not enabled on tablets? Or am I missing something here. Thanks in advance!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 11:35:58 AM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
It shows it should be available. You may have to call customer service.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 12:11:14 PM PDT
Having the same problem with Superman Earth One on my Sony Tablet S but it's reading fine on my Samsung Galaxy Note.

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 12:56:04 PM PDT
I am having the same proble with graphic novels as well

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 1:10:10 PM PDT
No problems on my htc inspire (phone), it auto updated to 3.6.0.87 and I've been using it without difficulty since.

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 2:26:01 PM PDT
all I am getting is a black page on my Acer tablet with android 4.03. I used to read on the Kindle app all the time, now nothing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 2:30:16 PM PDT
Thank you, that worked. I like the two pages when I turn the tablet on it's side.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 6:03:57 PM PDT
I would like to be able to sort my Library (archived) to be able to see new purchases. Is this ever going to happen? I see I have that option when I download the books from the archive. I have the app on my galaxy tab.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 6:09:38 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
That update us planned for July 2, 20....

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 7:33:08 PM PDT
Lisa says:
I wish I had known all this before updating! My case is different then everyone else. Every time i try to get into the app the "KINDLE" logo pops up and then immediately kicks me out/crashes. I've tried to reinstall it several times with no luck!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 7:54:05 PM PDT
@Lisa

Then I would probably delete the offending application, and then reinstall it.

A hard reset might also help!

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 8:02:04 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 18, 2012 8:22:27 PM PDT
Diane Weiss says:
Help!!!! I just installed the update and my entire set of Game of Thrones books is GONE!!!!!! It said it put it in the archives but it's not there either. Can anybody help????? I am absolutely furious! I am using my Motorola Xoom. I just tried deleting the app and reinstalling it. Have all my books EXCEPT the ones I was reading which is the Game of Thrones set. $29.99 down the toilet?????
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Personal Documents Features
47 2 hours ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle for PC Update 1.10.8
0 29 days ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite 1st Generation Software Update Version 5.4.4
473 2 hours ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Generation Software Update Version 5.4.3
146 7 hours ago
Announcement
NEWS: Seeing "Invalid Item" When Using Kindle for Android?
55 9 days ago
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
FREE Books and Chat Monday April 21, 2014 9 3 seconds ago
Kindle Touch Software Update Version 5.3.7 88 15 minutes ago
creating a folder on kindle fire 13 17 minutes ago
Kindle Trade In 1 19 minutes ago
FB&C, April 19&20, 2014 - FREE Books & Chat 100 21 minutes ago
Australian/Kiwi kindle users thread #3 7610 23 minutes ago
ARRAY(0x9a5e2180)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  58
Total posts:  163
Initial post:  Jun 14, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 15 customers

Search Customer Discussions