Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

In the Kindle Kitchen with Annie and Joyce

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 9376-9400 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2012 5:54:24 PM PDT
Joyce. thank you --- and you crack me up! An iron skillet has many, many purposes, just like coffee filters!! I still have your post on how to repurpose them! Now go easy on your Lad -- he adores you! Don't bonk him too hard. Glad to be back! I love the Kindle Kitchen!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2012 5:56:00 PM PDT
This sounds so good! I have some mahi-mahi in the freezer - do you think that would work??

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2012 5:58:45 PM PDT
V -- is lining the pastry shells and cooking them as you described something that makes a perfect quiche crust? Or is it specific to this recipe? This recipe sounds easy and goooood!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2012 6:41:39 PM PDT
A_nony_mouse says:
While reading your recipe, I also thought of the Olive Garden recipe. Ours has sausage in it. That is the kind I always gets, so thanks for this recipe. Now I can make my own; our nearest Olive Garden is at least an hour away. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2012 6:47:57 PM PDT
A_nony_mouse says:
Yes! That is the one. I am happy to have this recipe, too. Thanks.

Posted on Aug 28, 2012 6:49:54 PM PDT
A_nony_mouse says:
I was hoping to see Joyce while I was in DM this month, but looks like other things have been planned.
:( I will try again next time. I usually have lots of free time, but some months they plan things in other IA towns.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2012 6:59:49 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 28, 2012 7:00:13 PM PDT
V. Strickler says:
Lining the pastry shells and baking them first is specific to this recipe. Other recipes that I have for quiche don't require this step.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2012 7:08:33 PM PDT
A - it's realllly good and easy to make - but very rich!
Glad you ladies will enjoy --- and try the Bacon Sauce and Meatballs recipe - I'm telling you - it's amazing!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2012 7:10:19 PM PDT
Thanks! I haven't made a quiche - even tho I was "grown up" in the 80-90s. I just ate everyone else's. LOL

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2012 8:39:11 PM PDT
April ... Yes, I'm thinking it should work, because the recipe calls for any fish that you have. Oh, and I promise not to "bonk" my Lad too hard ... he is sitting here laughing at me right now. Bad, Bad, Bad ... :-)

Posted on Aug 28, 2012 9:00:09 PM PDT
Hi April,

Thanks for your support. Joyce and I are sitting at her kitchen table with our laptops and I am trying not to do anything to deserve a bonk with her iron skillet. We have been doing a lot of planning for our future on this trip and will be doing even more during on our next visit. Joyce is a truly marvelous cook but her creative side has been challenged by cooking to handle my diabetes issues. She has given up a lot of foods to offer support for my diet.

Posted on Aug 28, 2012 9:56:18 PM PDT
A_nony_mouse says:
Is 'the irish lad' still in DM? If he is, I may bail on the official plans and try to get together with him and Joyce.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2012 9:58:16 PM PDT
Okay April you said we should try the bacon sauce w meatballs. You made me go MMMMMMMMM. But. Now I can't find it. In the thread. Is the recipient somewhere else??

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2012 10:15:22 PM PDT
Zoo Keeper says:
erin e,
I'm not April, but I do know where it is. It's on page 374. It is 3 posts up from the bottom. Sometimes it takes me forever to find something I KNOW I saw.

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 6:13:38 AM PDT
Pipeline ... This message is long overdue, and I want to apologize for taking a few days too long to get this posted. Things have been very busy here, and the days are zipping by too quickly. Thank you so much for your gift and sweet message. You put a big smile on our faces.

"Best friends are like diamonds, precious and rare. Fake friends are like leaves, found everywhere."

You will always be in our hearts, thoughts, and precious and rare to us ... Joyce and Avi

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2012 2:10:05 PM PDT
RJT says:
Could he mean a kind made with those stamped out noodle shapes? They come in animals, flowers, fruit & veggies, different colors; maybe he's seen a soup with car & truck shape noodles somewhere. Good luck!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2012 3:07:59 PM PDT
little foot says:
Joyce...With the drought we have been very low to no fish at all. The river is so far down that it's hard to get any sizeable fish. Thanks for the recipe. I was looking for a egg quiche recipe too. Have a good eveing and keep smiling like the beautiful lady you are.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2012 3:55:46 PM PDT
Cindy says:
I thought of that and ended up finding some pretty neat shapes but no trucks. Thanks for the idea though.

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 5:52:55 PM PDT
Janet Gasser says:
FYI...kingarthurflour.com is having a one day only 20% off everything. If you go to clearance they have a lot of cookbooks half off plus the 20%.
Janet

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 11:13:00 PM PDT
HOLY COW NO BAKE BARS

Ingredients:
4 cups Cheerios
2 cups crispy rice cereal
2 cups dry roasted peanuts
2 cups M&Ms plain chocolate candy
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Instructions:
1. In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; set aside.
2. In a saucepan, bring corn syrup and sugar to a boil; stirring frequently.
3. Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
4. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat evenly.
5. Spread into a greased 15x10" baking pan.
6. Cool. Cut into 3x3" bars.

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 8:06:46 AM PDT
Good Morning "Kindle Chefs" ...

All mornings are like a painting, you need a little inspiration to get you going, a little smile to brighten it and a message from someone who cares to color your day.

To each of you, my wishes for a beautiful day with lots of smiles ... Joyce

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 9:39:20 AM PDT
Kay's Twin says:
Good morning, I love this group, have not participated much, though. I have a question but wonder if is off -topic. Any thoughts on the best vacuum food saver appliance? Thanks!

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 6:29:59 PM PDT
Patti (PBP) says:
I was reading a book and a cake was mentioned. Would like to know if anyone has heard of a 1890's chocolate apricot fruitcake? It sounded good but no recipe was given.

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 6:38:05 PM PDT
Kay's Twin says:
Found this on Cook's website that may be what you are looking for:

CHOCOLATE FRUITCAKE  
1 (8 oz.) pkg. pitted dates
1 (8 oz.) pkg. dried apricots
1/2 c. golden raisins
1 (3 to 4 oz.) container red candied cherries
1 (3 to 4 oz.) container green candied cherries
3 c. walnuts
1 (6 oz.) pkg. semi-sweet chocolate pieces (1 c.)
2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 1/4 c. packed light brown sugar
1 c. butter (2 sticks), softened
3/4 c. cocoa
1/2 c. coffee-flavor liqueur
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3 eggs
Light corn syrup
Day ahead or up to 2 weeks ahead:
1. Grease well, then flour 10 inch bundt pan. Reserve a few dates, apricots, raisins and candied cherries for garnish (about 1 cup total); wrap with plastic wrap. Coarsely chop remaining dates, apricots and cherries. Coarsely chop walnuts.

2. In large bowl, combine dates, apricots, raisins, cherries, walnuts and chocolate pieces. Stir in 1/4 cup flour until fruit and nuts are evenly coated.

3. In another large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat brown sugar, butter, cocoa, coffee liqueur, baking soda, baking powder, salt, eggs, 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup water until blended, constantly scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Increase speed to high; beat 3 minutes, occasionally scraping bowl. With spoon, stir fruit mixture into batter.

4. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Spoon batter into pan, packing down batter evenly to eliminate air pockets. Bake 1 1/2 hours or until cake begins to pull away from side of pan. Cool cake in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool cake completely on rack. Wrap fruitcake tightly with plastic wrap; refrigerate overnight so cake will be firm and easy to slice.

5. To serve, in small bowl toss reserved fruit with enough corn syrup to coat. Garnish cake with fruit. Makes one 5 pound fruit cake.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2012 6:38:56 PM PDT
Pipeline says:
Something like this?

http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/food/recipes/recipe/-/5727710/chocolate-fruit-cake-with-apricot/
Discussion locked

Thank you for your support of Amazon Discussion Forums. Due to the changing needs of Amazon Forums, we have decided to stop supporting the ‘Active discussions in related forums’ feature in order to focus on providing the most value for our customers.  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  436
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Mar 19, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 92 customers

Search Customer Discussions