Posted on Jun 4, 2012 9:12:28 PM PDT
DIGGING FOR DEATH:

Yup, on the Fire and in the Cloud.

V.

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 9:16:57 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 4, 2012 11:22:57 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012 9:21:15 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 4, 2012 9:31:37 PM PDT
I had to remove it from my K2. It was exactly the same as the Look Inside and the other 2 devices.

ETA: I deleted it from the Fire and sent it back to the Fire from MYK and nothing has changed.

Good night all.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012 9:34:20 PM PDT
I will send it back to the K2 and see if the text to speech feature works tomorrow.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012 9:35:10 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 4, 2012 10:06:16 PM PDT
@MelissaShaw
Calibre

Set up folders (user categories):
When looking at the main screen, on left, at the bottom, you will see a long button with an arrow that says Manage authors, tags, etc.
Click on that, then Manage User Categories.
In the popup window, at the top is a blank white space with a green plus sign next to it.
Type your folder name into the space, and click the plus sign. (these can be re-named at any time)
It should now show up in the Category name button.

Thwe large box on the left below this contains tags, author names, and I think publishers.

Highlight what you want to be linked to that folder, and click the blue arrow to add it. Any book with that linked to oit will now also be linked to that folder.

Example:
I'm filing It by Stephen King (I wonder if that's on Kindle)

Category name: Horror

I would choose King, Stephen, or horror, or both, and click the blue arrow to move to the applied items. This links his book to the horror folder. If the tag you want is not there, it can be added to the book, which will then make it show up under available items.

When you click OK at the bottom, your new folder will appear in the left window of the main screen.

When click on the folder, it will list any books linked with it.

ETA who and what : ) Getting late for me.

Melissa and MamaSylvia: I use it mostly for sorting. DO NOT try to change any of the folders or their contents that it creates on the hard drive in the library you choose! You'll end up having to start all over. Work entirely from within the program. You can delete the original copy of the book off the hard drive however, it keeps a full copy in the program.

ETA: Okay, I have to get to bed. I think I've edited this post 4 times now : ) I'll peek in the morning to make sure it all made sense.

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 10:05:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 4, 2012 10:09:05 PM PDT
Mieko* says:
Quick stop-in before bed...

Emerald
Bagslady
Josie
Oregon Dreamer
Bethcross
Jacqueline

Thank you for thinking of me. I am very touched by that.
When my son called last week and needed us, we took off very quickly. All is well; he had to go to work (Captain with CalFire) and had no one to watch his dog.
So we spent a week walking in the woods and picking strawberries in an ancient plot....(planted in the 20's) and taking care of his precious dog Mai. Also reading, of course. It was hard not having internet and we were glad when he collected her. and we could come home.

Emerald I see there were changes, didn't have time to take it all in..thank you. I will read in the morning.

Micki

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 10:17:01 PM PDT
Kelly S says:
wow, I haven't gotten to the computer to post or find any of my links at all today... ok, so I started looking and I came accross a book, and it said that for 2 day it would be free along with some other titles and authors. since it takes me a while to look them all up, I'm going to post it straight now, and I will come back later and post it after I look them up with links. hope everyones well

Black Beast: A Clan of MacAulay Novel (Volume One)

Cassidy Jones and Vulcan's Gift by Elise Stokes--A bestselling and riveting young adult novel.

Allegiance by Derek Blass--When the border war hits, who do you pledge allegiance to? A gripping thriller!

Red is an Attitude by Kathy Hall--We didn't forget your romance fix. A stellar romance adventure novel!

Sundered by Shannon Mayer--The start of the bestselling zombie-ish apocalypse series.

Black Beast by R.S. Guthrie--A mystery/paranormal masterpiece with great reviews!

A Hint of Murder by Lia Fairchild--Who done it? Weave your way through murder mysteries in this bestseller's novel.

The Ninth District by Douglas Dorow-- Why rob a bank when you can rob the Federal Reserve? A thrilling police procedural that starts with a bang!

Iona Portal by R.David MacNeil--Over 100 reviews for this bestselling science fiction novel!

Download them all now, and visit rogue-books.com if you have any questions!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012 11:35:05 PM PDT
Carmen D says:
@bethcross. Weeds doesn't sound so bad to let a 17-year-old watch. One of the guys at knitting thought I was watching Game of Thrones with my preteen. Not sure where he came up with that idea since I haven't actually watched the show myself.

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 12:07:15 AM PDT
Kelly S says:
Lancelot And The Wolf (The Knights Of Camelot)
"King Arthur has dominated my life for decades and now I am banished from his side. I am not certain either of us can survive this torment..."

His Make-Believe Wife

Betting Hearts

Silence of Centerville
Little Frankie Schantz emerged into a near perfect life in Centerville, Iowa. He believed that his life would always be so. He was wrong. Everything would change in the summer of 1945 when meningitis would leave him permanently deaf

Nalani of Hawaii
Nalani of Hawaii, a novel for all those visitors to Hawaii who have felt the pull of romance that its landscape and culture evoke

iPad Publishing Guide: Write, Publish and Sell Your Book on the Apple iPad with FastPencil
"This book is a fine choice for young fantasy readers looking to delve into a creative new allegory with a fascinating storyworld, magic, symbolism, and a few neat surprises."
- Jill Williamson, Christy Award-winning author of the Blood of Kings series.

5 Reasons to Leave a Lover - A Novella and Other Short Stories
In 5 Reasons to Leave a Lover, author Carolyn Moncel offers up a fresh batch of stories based on love and loss

The Last Justice

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 12:11:49 AM PDT
Kelly S says:
Twin PassionsMedieval Historical Romance

Glamorous Illusions: A Novel (Convenant)
When Cora Kensington learns she is the illegitimate daughter of a copper king, her life changes forever. Even as she explores Europe with her new family, she discovers that the most valuable journey is within. The first book in the Grand Tour series

How To Make Amazing Vegetarian SUPER Snacks - Top 30 Fast, Easy & Delicious Vegetarian Recipes Volume 4

Rose's LegacySequel to Ireland Rose...

What Fruits are Good for Weight Loss: What is Good for Weight Loss Volume 1

Let God Change Your Life: How to Know and Follow JesusEvangelist Greg Laurie calls all Christians back to radical New Testament living in his latest offering, Let God Change Your Life

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 12:19:39 AM PDT
Kelly S says:

Cassidy Jones and Vulcan's Gift (Cassidy Jones Adventures, Book Two)

iPad Publishing Guide: Write, Publish and Sell Your Book on the Apple iPad with FastPencil

Red is an Attitude (Red Mojo Mama)

Sundered (A Zombie-ish Apocalypse, Book 1)

The Advocate's Betrayal (The Advocate Series)

Restorations (Oregon In Love)

A Hint of Murder: The Series

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2012 12:23:04 AM PDT
Kelly S says:
Micki, I thought you were GoldDigger? Where are you? Are you alright where have you been? I have been thinking of you and hope all is ok. Hope you got a good nites sleep and glad you're home safe and sound.

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 12:42:20 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 6, 2012 12:28:32 AM PDT
RandOR says:
======================================================

Daily Transition
End of Monday, June 4, 2012
Start of Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Books before this post should be reviewed carefully to verify they are still free.

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 12:46:53 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 5, 2012 7:46:02 AM PDT
RandOR says:
Tuesday, June 5, 2012

kinlib:
http://us.kinlib.com/new/eff8/ (41 books - 12:34 am PDT)
http://us.kinlib.com/new/3ffa/ (35 books - 2:19 am PDT)
http://us.kinlib.com/new/5e74/ (82 books - 4:02 am PDT)
http://us.kinlib.com/new/ac84/ (39 books - 5:47 am PDT)

eReaderIQ:
http://www.ereaderiq.com/free/ (414 books - updated at 6:40 am PDT)
http://www.ereaderiq.com/free/mn/ (Only books added since midnight of current day)

dailyfreebooks.com:
dailyfreebooks.com (459 new free books today - as of 7:45 am PDT)

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 1:03:53 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 5, 2012 1:13:37 AM PDT
RandOR says:
Links from eReader

MURDER ON THE AIRWAVES (David W Stokes, Mystery/Thriller, 326 KB, 220 pages)
A story of murder and betrayal in a cut-throat and desperately competitive world. KPO Radio's franchise is up for renewal. A rival consortium of local businessmen is putting in a bid for the broadcast licence. They have big plans, and nothing is going to stop them from getting their way. Some people would do anything to get what they didn't deserve. But they didn't factor in the steely resolve of the station's current line-up of presenters and news journalists whose jobs would be under threat if KPO lost out to their rivals. It was going to be murder to hold on to what they had.

KIDNAPPED (A Clete Connor Mystery) (M.A. Lachine, Mystery/Thriller, 496 KB, 283 pages)
Clete Connor is returning to his former position on the Flame Police Force. He had accomplished what he vowed when he threw down his badge. Now the time had come to take the brace off his bum leg, and stow his PI license away in a dresser drawer. B & C Investigators would be no more.
The ringing phone changes that.
When a tearful Roberta Ellis walks into his office, he isn't at all sure the lady is running on all cylinders. She presents him with a three day-old ransom demand, claiming it is a sick joke. When he insists on calling the proper authorities, she lays a bundle of delicate, knit, baby clothes on his desk. "These are the clothes my baby wore five years ago when she and her father burnt to death in a car crash." He promises to look into the accident.

The Essential London 2012 Travel Guide: London's Must See Attractions (Volume 1) (Mohammed Khan, Travel, 2614 KB, 71 pages)
I am *really* looking forward to the Olympics this year. Retired and 24 hour a day television coverage. Life as we know it will come to a halt for two weeks.

Randy

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 1:12:23 AM PDT
B.B. says:
The Ghosts of Melrose ghosts

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2012 2:06:27 AM PDT
Cool, this worked really well (I came in through the start of the thread, used the link in post 2)!

Good morning, Randy:)

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 2:23:26 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 5, 2012 2:24:20 AM PDT
Cinder says:
Update #2

http://us.kinlib.com/new/3ffa/ (35 books) at 2:19 am PDT

`
eta- (waves) good morning!

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 2:29:56 AM PDT
Pa says:
Good Morning all :o)
May not be free yet.
Stars Rain Down (Biotech Legacy)
Science Fiction
Meet Marcus Donovan; astronomer, day dreamer, and smart ass. He was just another researcher in a jumpsuit until he saw something that didn't fit. At the time, it was nothing but a blip on a sensor read-out, an asteroid that wasn't an asteroid, but it became his obsession. He named it Zebra-1, and now he's hurtling through the solar system on a mission to see it in person.
Hooking Up
Literary Fiction: Also categorized as Romance
Would you go out to a bar and pick up any random handsome man to spend the night with to mute the heartbreak of your long-term lover - your rock - walking out on you? Caitlin Edison did..............
Box Set: The Arrington Trilogy
Genre Fiction. Also categorized as Historical Fiction
Boxed set of three bestselling family saga novels including:
SACRED INTENTIONS (prequel)
THE GIRL IN THE LIGHTHOUSE (book I)
ALL THAT IS BEAUTIFUL (book II)
Crown of Vengeance (Fires in Eden)
Fantasy
Strange mists engulf Janus Roland, Erika Laesig, Mershad Shahab, and several others going about their lives in a quiet midwestern town. When the mist dissipates, they all find themselves looking up into the bright skies of a new, incredible world.

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 2:52:57 AM PDT
Good morning,

The Last Justice. Contemporary Fiction

Buying Time: An Aspen Moore Novel. Mystery

Billy Dawn Rides the Range. Romance

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2012 2:53:48 AM PDT
BeeCee says:
Thank you, MamaSylvia! I sometimes get a day behind on my freebie shopping. Older links that change 'splains everything. I don't care (Much) for the one book a month lending of Prime books; just doesn't seem worth it to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2012 2:59:35 AM PDT
BeeCee says:
As I am posting this Rose's Legacy is showing up as a Prime book to lend for free to Prime members only....$2.99 for non-prime.

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 4:06:56 AM PDT
Cinder says:
Update #3

http://us.kinlib.com/new/5e74/ (82 books) at 4:02 am PDT

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 4:16:48 AM PDT
~nospin says:
Yellow banner
Dark Horse (Jim Knighthorse Series #1) mystery

When high school student Derrick Booker, the only black student at a posh Orange County high school, is accused of killing his white girlfriend, ex-college football hero and detective Jim Knighthorse is hired to dig a little deeper into the murder. It doesn't take long for Knighthorse to realize that not all is as it seems at tranquil Huntington High, from a band director who preys on the innocent to a vice-principal with a secret agenda of her own. Not to mention someone's hired a professional killer to keep Knighthorse permanently off the case.

As the investigation continues, Knighthorse's personal life is shattered by the discovery of new evidence relating to his mother's unsolved murder, a murder dating back twenty years. Reeling from the discovery, a determined Jim Knighthorse sets out to bring two killers to justice.

A Tale of 3 Witches - novella, continuation of Stacy Justice series books

When a mysterious stranger invades Amethyst, IL, stealing souls to feed a demon and generally ruining Halloween for the local kids, three witches join forces to take him on, in this quirky paranormal adventure that combines thrills and chills with all-out spooky fun.

This novelette reunites Mara, Gus, Aunt Tillie and Grundleshanks the Toad (from the Toadwitch paranormal series) with Stacy Justice, the Geraghty Girls and Thor, the Great Dane, (from the Stacy Justice paranormal mystery series).

As Gus, Mara and Stacy band together, they're bossed around by the cantankerous ghost of Mara's Aunt Tillie, tripped up by the spirit of Lord Grundleshanks the Poisonous Toad, backed up by Stacy's grandmother's coven, and given assistance by a local hoodoo master -- in-between episodes of Antiques Road Show, that is -- but they're still in for the Samhain of their lives.

If they don't stop the stranger's nefarious plan, the only thing they can count on is that all three of their souls will be at risk!

Originally published as a 6,000 word short story in the anthology "Every Witch Way But Wicked" it has been expanded into a 13,000 word novelette. It's a fun, fast-paced read, meant to tide readers over until Miller's and Annino's next full-length novels are released. However, it also works as a stand-alone to introduce new readers to the quirky paranormal world of the main characters.

It includes short excerpts from the paranormal novels "Somebody Tell Aunt Tillie She's Dead" and "Opal Fire."

Please Note: This is not a full-length novel. This is a novelette. Not including the excerpts at the end, this story is 64 pages long.
Bill Bernico's "That's Rick, Not Ricky" short story

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 4:21:34 AM PDT
I have a question I hope the longtime members here can help me with.
Do most books that are free for a day become free for a second time? I have two books (#2 and #3) from a serie downloaded for free the last month, but haven't gotten #1 yet. Should I just wait for it to go free for a second round or is there little change and I should just go and pay for it?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  164
Total posts:  1644
Initial post:  Jun 4, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 12 customers

Search Customer Discussions