Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Ipad to kindle touch.... How

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 24, 2012 10:34:55 PM PST
Thought it would go to cloud. I was not expecting it not to go to the cloud. The site only allows one down load where I got it. If I had got it on my pc I could use the send to kindle program. Being on iPad I do not know how to get it to a pc or kindle from the iPad....I understand now if you get from amazon it will be on the cloud. I just thought everything you get goes to it and now know for future. So back to my question... How do I get it to my kindle? Without buying another copy. I would prefer not using a pc go between only because my pc is not with me here. Is there an iPad app? If pc is the only way then how?

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 2:36:46 PM PST
J. Leek says:
Can't you down load you books from your icloud? That's where all my books our housed!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 5:18:31 AM PST
Paxton says:
Remember too - books purchased outside Amazon will not sync up between devices. Each Amazon purchase is stored on the Amazon servers and your devices all have access to that. Externally purchased content naturally will not be on tha Amazon cloud.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 4:51:48 AM PST
R. D. Clark says:
Go to wherever you bought it and download it again. I've never seen an e-book seller that doesn't permit multiple downloads to multiple devices. Maybe this time download to a computer that's easier to copy things to and from.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 12:08:53 AM PST
Loz says:
The easiest way is to use a computer as a go-between.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 11:56:04 PM PST
Could not find a file explorer on ipad or I would mail it to my kindle email. Seams I will need a pc as go between. There has got to be an easier way. I also would have to wait since I did not bring a pc ...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 11:47:12 PM PST
Loz says:
If you can find the folder that is holding the books on the ipad, you should be able to copy it and put it in the relevant folder on the kindle using the PC as a go-between.

Initial post: Dec 22, 2012 11:43:27 PM PST
I purchased a kindle format book outside of amazon on my ipad. Works well on my kindle ap. I want it on my kindle touch though. Books I have purchased on kindle through amazon sync to both. This one does not. Seamed easier to order with the ipad. Not so now. How can I get this book from the ipad to my kindle? I tried to plug kindle into a pc but could only see pictures on ipad. Is there a ap that will help?

Thanks for any help
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Dec 22, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions