Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Paperwhite and Active Content Programs

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 12:46:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 12:46:54 PM PST
Mitch Wein says:
I did reboot several times while on a call with Amazon CS. Actually, the CS Rep did something to my Paperwhite on the first reboot to try and fix the problem. He may have taken a log from my unit so the Developers can analyze it.

After the first reboot I could not get the unit working again. It took an hour working with the CS Rep and connecting the unit to the power and several more reboot attempts to get the unit functional.

At that point the CS Rep sent me a refund and I have given up unless one of you folks can solve it.

Miklal Software has corresponded with me by email all day trying to help. So far there does not appear to be a solution.

I am still hopeful Amazon CS may solve it and get back to me or I may find a solution here from you folks trying to help.

I'd prefer NOT exchanging my unit for a new one since so many have had serious screen problems with replacements for their Paperwhites.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 12:44:15 PM PST
Just Peachy says:
I would first try a reboot of the device.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 12:40:06 PM PST
Both of those should work. Have you tried a re-boot? Hold the power switch in the ON position for 30 seconds, release it and leave the Kindle alone for a few minutes. Then try the games again.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 12:39:18 PM PST
❤ Ann says:
Okay, both of those do appear to be compatible with the Paperwhite. Are you not able to download them, or do they not open, or what exactly is not working?

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 12:39:15 PM PST
What exactly happens? Do they download to the device?

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 12:39:08 PM PST
Just to clarify what Mitch is saying, as a developer who has corresponded with him about the problem, none of the Active Content that supports Paperwhite works on his particular Paperwhite. Each Active Content app supports certain devices, but even the ones that do support Paperwhite do not work on his device. We are interested in hearing whether this is something others have experienced, and if so, if anyone has found a solution. The error message happens before the app loads and is being generated by Amazon, not by the developer. It's the same vague error message regardless of the app or developer.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 12:37:12 PM PST
Mitch Wein says:
The specific program I would like to get working is KJV Bible in Active Content which had stated it would work with the Paperwhite. I also have a Chess program which I would like to get working also in Active Content.

Here is the link for the Chess program:

Chess

Here is the link for the KJV Bible:

KJV Bible

If you folks can help me get them running on my Paperwhite, I'd be most grateful. I don't use my Kindle Keyboard anymore and would like to use these two on my Paperwhite.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 12:29:56 PM PST
❤ Ann says:
You need to look at the product pages for the specific games/apps you are interested in to see if they are compatible with the Paperwhite. Not all Active Content runs on all Kindles. Some of them require a physical keyboard rather than a touch screen.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 12:28:59 PM PST
What is the specific name? You can look on the product page for that Active Content and see which Kindles it is compatible with. Some haven't been updated yet to work withe Paperwhite, which is up to the creator of the game/active content.

Some will never work because of the touch screen.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 12:27:13 PM PST
Mitch Wein says:
I can't run any of my games or other programs like bible if they are in Active Content. Its only on the Paperwhite I have these problems. They all run fine on my Kindle Keyboard.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 12:14:22 PM PST
Some of my games work fine on my Paperwhite, but there are some that do not. What games are you trying to load?

Initial post: Nov 29, 2012 12:08:25 PM PST
Mitch Wein says:
I cannot seem to run Active Content Programs on my Paperwhite. Has anyone had similar problems?

If so, how did you correct the problems?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: New Update for Kindle Reading Apps on Android and iOS
75 7 hours ago
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
BAAA© Amazing Kindle Books and Helpful Tips #3 1828 25 seconds ago
Kindle Restarting Itself 13 4 minutes ago
We're an International Quirky Bunch! Put a Stelvin Closure on Your Tequila Arm and Prepare for the Apocalypse! Grab the Midnight Goats, Orange Loving Cows, Cat and Dog Overlords of the Universe, Plus Cherie! So Geese! 9065 13 minutes ago
Cannot buy Kindle content anymore 18 15 minutes ago
FB&C--Free Books and Chat--Thursday July 10, 2014 17 18 minutes ago
keyboard sometimes blocks screen, how to hide??? OH! Kindle Fire HD 8 20 minutes ago
Al's Place 35mm 1542 22 minutes ago
Kindle / Audible Recommendations and Deals (KARD) 1534 32 minutes ago
OT: Discussion - (Freebie Books Links Only) 1415 33 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Nov 29, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions