Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now Tikes
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

kindle keyboard

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2013 12:17:06 PM PDT
styler says:
It's the Keyboard model, and I've tried rebooting endlessly. I've even held down the button for 60 seconds, as some have suggested. I've taken out the battery and let it sit. Nothing worked, until, all of a sudden, the screen just popped up. About 5 hours later. It's now usable, but is still "sticky". Takes up to a minute between page turns. So, I just ordered the new Paperwhite. We'll see if it's any better.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2013 10:23:43 AM PDT
styler, try rebooting:

Unplug your Kindle from its charger. Hold the Power button on for a full 30 seconds (count 'em -- it matters). You didn't say what model Kindle you have as requested, but if it's a Fire, you need to press Power one more time to continue the process. Let it reboot fully. It may take a couple of minutes.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2013 9:31:59 PM PDT
styler says:
Mine won't start, either. It is fully charged, or should be as it has been plugged in all day, but I can't get it to start. Anyone have info on this?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2013 12:31:38 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2013 12:29:47 PM PDT
There are YouTube videos and instructions on the Internet. You should be able to find them with a google search. If you've already bought a new battery they should have sent you instructions too.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2013 12:25:04 PM PDT
How do you replace the battery on the Kindle keyboard?

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 6:09:42 PM PDT
She Wolf says:
If that doesn't work you may have a battery problem. I replaced mine today and now my KK works fine again. The hard reset won't work if the battery can't hold a charge. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 3:03:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 29, 2012 3:07:21 PM PDT
By the same problem do you mean an inability to start a thread with it's own title rather than tacking on to someone else's thread?

Linda K. Samuel, your thread was successfully hijacked and you didn't really get an answer. So, try the hard reset and if that doesn't work contact Kindle Customer Support by going to "ehlp" and then clicking on the large orange button that says, "Contact Us." My Kindle Keyboard froze up about two years ago. I did a hard reset and nothing happened. Then I plugged the Keyboard into a power outlet, did a hard reset again, and the Keyboard reset and hasn't had another problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 2:07:13 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
There isn't much you can do with it if it will not reboot other than call in. Good luck...

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 2:05:38 PM PDT
She Wolf says:
@Jazzy_Jeff... I'll do that. It doesn't seem to be charging correctly either. Maybe a battery replacement is in order.

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 1:45:58 PM PDT
Bixillarla says:
My KK is 2 years old and I have no problems at all with it. Works just like it was new.

Electronics can fail and have problems at any time. There are no guarantees. This is why getting a extended warranty from a 3rd party company is a good idea.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 1:44:05 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Something else could be damaged. I would contact Customer Service....

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 1:38:46 PM PDT
She Wolf says:
So how does that translate to my Kindle not restarting? I don't have a screen issue this time, it freezes up and won't complete a hard restart.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 1:32:01 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
So you put the Kindle in a sleeve and put it next to your laptop when travelling. What is keeping the laptop from crushing the Kindle screen??? Sounds like you found your problem right there. If the e-ink Kindles are going to be in bags with heavy equipment they need to be in hard cases to protect the fragile e-ink screen.

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 1:24:23 PM PDT
She Wolf says:
I don't think I misuse my Kindle. I always keep it in a sleeve and when I travel with it I put it in a bag next to my laptop so it doesn't get damaged. It hasn't been off the nightstand next to the bed in weeks unless I'm using it at night :-) Even the much loved (by others, not me) iPods sometimes have issues. I just want to fix this if I can so I don't have to replace it.

Though, the new Fire HD 8.9" looks very inviting...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 1:15:31 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
If that is the case then why hasn't my Kindle Keyboard which is now 2 years old acting up?? Sounds like you are hard on your Kindles if you had 2 screens go bad....

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 1:14:02 PM PDT
I don't think so. The Fire is not an upgrade to an eInk Kindle. They are very different devices designed for different purposes. The KK is an eReader. The Fire is a media consumption device.

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 1:02:18 PM PDT
She Wolf says:
I am having the same issue with my Kindle Keyboard... a few days ago it froze while I was reading. I tried to charge it but after a few hours the charge light went from amber to off. I did the reset thing but it only stayed operational for 30 seconds then froze again. Now it won't get more than 50% through the restart screen before it freezes. I am on my third Keyboard, the previous two had screen issues.

I think it's a plot by Amazon to get us all to upgrade to the Fire HD.

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 7:55:13 PM PDT
E.C. says:
My Kindle Keyboard began freezing every few pages on June 18th and I would have to restart it for it to work again. The next day it froze completely on the screen saver page. I tried restarting it and plugging it into the computer, but nothing is working. It also doesn't seem to be charging completely, because I've had it plugged in for two full days now and the indicator light is still yellow.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 4:00:23 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 19, 2012 4:04:22 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 2:04:55 PM PDT
dolliegoad says:
Is anyone else having the same problem as I am? I have a Kindle 3g Keyboard. I can no longer comment ,share or message using my facebook page. The only thing I can do is read other peoples posts and like them. Any body know what will help?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 1:22:51 PM PDT
Slide and hold the power switch for thirty seconds and then don't touch it until the progress bar fills.

Initial post: Jun 17, 2012 1:05:16 PM PDT
kindle keyboard kept freezing now will not start up
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  Jun 17, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 17, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions