You will find several threads about this issue on this forum. It is called everything from 'Ghost tabs' to 'Phantom tabs'.
There are several suggested solutions, none of which work for everyone, but some work for many.
Often, you can kill the reappearing tab by resetting your browser. Here's how:
* Go to your HOME page
* Gear Wheel (upper right) > More... > Applications
* Set upper drop-down filter menu to "All Applications"
* Swipe down to "Browser" (an Amazon symbol next to it)
* Under "Storage", "Clear Data"
* Open the web browser
* Click on the Menu icon (washboard look) on the bottom bar
* Re-enable Flash by setting it to "Always On"
* DISABLE acceleration
Nothing will be lost or harmed by doing this, though you *will* lose your browser bookmarks unless you back them up first.
If you need to backup your browser's bookmarks first, then before you reset the browser:
* Go to Getjar.com
* Download and install the "GetJar" app
* Then open the GetJar app and search for "Backup Master Free"
* Download & install "Backup Master Free"
* Launch BMF and backup just your bookmarks
Then after you reset the browser by "Clear Data":
* Open "Backup Master Free" and restore your bookmarks
To install from Getjar you need to allow the installation of applications from unknown sources.
* Settings (round gear icon)
* Allow Installation of Applications > On
BTW, if you want to read more about this issue, here is the main thread:
Be warned that this thread is over 30 pages long!
Recent discussions in the Kindle forum
AnnouncementCritical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
|0||Mar 23, 2016|
AnnouncementWelcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
|0||Mar 20, 2015|
|85° and Sunny - A Perfect Day to RAOK!||9924||1 minute ago|
|Kindle with remote control||20||4 minutes ago|
|Amazon Echo||8897||10 minutes ago|
|Suggestions for Amazon||2||16 minutes ago|
|Misspellings & Typos In Books||19||22 minutes ago|
|Kindle losing my books, removing my books||3||28 minutes ago|
|Kindle Updates as of June||40||33 minutes ago|
|Transfer kindle||6||34 minutes ago|
|Kindle problem||2||37 minutes ago|
|Block some books on family library?||4||37 minutes ago|