Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

FREE Books and Chat Mon. Dec. 24, 2012

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 186 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 10:11:11 AM PST
Thank you Leo!! I hope that you had a great day.
Looks like some great discussion was had on the thread - I was out in the hills - no computer or phone!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 12:58:09 AM PST
ebook addict says:
@SDR Marla, Thank you for NOT FREE Christmas Wishes NOT FREE. So unexpected, and I might not have found it if you hadn't given me the heads up. So looking forward to some quiet time later to enjoy reading again.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 12:07:32 AM PST
Leo Little says:
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas....

Leo

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 11:20:19 PM PST
Josie says:
Merry Christmas to all the book addicts I have come to know on this thread. Although I usually lurk, I read this thread every day and feel like I know you all! I hope you are having as good a holiday as you can, under your circumstances!

Thank you very much to my secret Santa for the book gifts. Now, if you would please tell me who you are. . . .

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 11:11:39 PM PST
Zoo Keeper says:
I think Christmas has come in some parts of the world, I know it has in my little corner of paradise, so I'm starting early.

Come on over and let's talk Santa:

http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_et_up_redir?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdPage=1&cdThread=Tx1VYDWG5OS4J2F&newContentID=Mx11N19CQ9XCWW6#Mx11N19CQ9XCWW6

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 11:06:35 PM PST
:) So far I am loving it. Can't wait for tomorrow. Making more sugar cookies, variation of cucumber sandwiches and fire crackers as our contribution to family gathering.

Cucumber sandwiches.
I use cream cheese (little controversial, but I like 'em that way!) and half will be with Italian seasoning the other half is a cream cheese / smoked salmon puree..... YUM

Firecrackers: Salami slice spread with cream cheese and topped with jalapeno.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 11:05:28 PM PST
S. King says:
{{{{{{FB&C people}}}}}} Merry Christmas, and to my Secret Santa an extra hug for my book!! I am so excited to read it.. I have been staring longingly at it in the carousel, but promise to not open until tomorrow. Only one more hour to wait, I can do it! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 11:02:37 PM PST
Currently 42 outside, brother has no heat or fire - we are reading 56 inside. haha. I know it could be much colder.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 11:00:46 PM PST
Zoo Keeper says:
Courtney,
It's a tough time of year to be sick. (Spent a couple of Christmases in ER, so know how you feel) Especially with a little one and missing loved ones. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 10:59:15 PM PST
elaineb says:
One more hour until it's Christmas in the PNW------hope it is Merry for everyone on this thread------Best Regards to All :))

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 10:58:34 PM PST
Another late Kinlib update.....

Monday, December 24th 2012, 07:11 PM PST (49 books)
http://us.kinlib.com/new/f3f8/

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 10:58:32 PM PST
Zoo Keeper says:
Charlie-bird,
I hope you have a wonderful time. It shows through in your post, BTW.
Enjoy your time home.

You know Mom and Aunt have that amazing 70+ yr old hearing, so just give a shout, they'd hear even if you whispered! LOL

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 10:41:20 PM PST
Courtney says:
Merry Christmas. Thanks to smurphy and Snowflake (and others);for putting me in perspective. I'm really sorry you are having a rough time! I'm sick for Christmas, and having a really hard time accepting it. But seeing your trials make me realise that sick is nothing. I don't have to work or deal with no oven.

Best wishes to you all, and thanks for being so inviting! I miss my family and you all help make up for that!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 10:38:55 PM PST
Lyn says:
SeaBird
What is chilly? Below 70? :)

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 10:37:36 PM PST
Lyn says:
Thanks Elaine
Stay warm Stay dry.
Hopefully any white stuff will be gone by Thursday. I need to go to Bremerton and the cabin but Mission Lake is again suppose to get inches of the stuff.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 10:34:27 PM PST
LikeKissin'Santa & Ribbon - I hope you enjoy the books :D

@Elf Keeper - I may find my way to Redding (Friends living up there) either way I am waving that way :)

@ Santa's Little Helper - Thank you for the book!!! <3 (NOT FREE Life As We Knew It)

I AM HOME!!!! It's chilly, and beautiful!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 10:17:03 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 24, 2012 10:22:17 PM PST
You might want to check your e-mail anyway ebook addict. My 1-click finger got a tad itchy tonight and sometimes has a mind of its own :-).

I unfortunately have not gotten to my e-mail at all tonight so it will be tomorrow afternoon before I can peek in there because it's pushing 1:30 AM here and I have both Christmas Day breakfast and dinner to cook tomorrow.

Sweet Dreams All!

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 9:49:18 PM PST
bethcross says:
@Jingle JoJoPals - thank you SO much for Captain Andrew's Flying Christmas (Steampunk Smugglers) ****NOT FREE****

Now I have all three and will read them next week!!

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 9:48:07 PM PST
TiUTiger says:
Brenda, thank you so much for Slug Orgy. It does look icky, doesn't it. But then I needed it to fill in the series. Besides, slugs are Oregon's state animal! Hopefully, by the end of the book, they will have gotten their comeuppance! We used to put salt on them and they would dissolve. Icky is a mild pejorative for that practice!

Anyhow, if I haven't grossed you out by now, thanks again and Best Wishes for the holiday season.

K

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 9:37:18 PM PST
ebook addict says:
@PoinsKETTiA,
Glad you are having such a nice vacation, except for the wifi.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 9:35:13 PM PST
BubbaK says:
SDRNARLA- Thanks so much for the unexpected but much appreciated Secrets to Die For (The Detective Jackson Mystery/Thriller Series. Cant wait to get a minute to start reading.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 9:31:27 PM PST
TiUTiger says:
Belated Merry Christmas to some of you and definitely Merry Christmas to all. Not quite Christmas here in Arizona, but will be soon. I agree with all who said this is a great forum, lots of friends and helpers. I've been copying the recipes and sending them to DH - he's the cook! Best wishes to all of you.

K

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 9:30:38 PM PST
ebook addict says:
Just got notice from ereader, so might not be on kinlib until tomorrow:

Dogs Don't Lie: A Pru Marlowe Pet Noir (Pru Marlowe Pet Mysteries)
Pru Marlowe isn't your ordinary animal psychic. A tough girl on the run from her own gift, Pru left the big city to return to her picturesque Berkshires hometown looking for a little peace. Too bad that her training as an animal behaviorist got her mixed up with Lily, a rescue dog, and Charles, her person. Now Charles is dead, and Lily looks good for it. After all, Lily is a pitbull, a fighting-ring dropout, and way too traumatized to give Pru a clear picture of what she has witnessed. But Pru knows something about bad girls trying to clean up, and, with a sense of justice strong enough to overcome her dislike of human society, she takes the case. Listening to the animals, Pru picks up clues-and learns there are secrets in the pretty little town that make murder look simple. Unable to tell anybody about her psychic abilities, uncertain at times about her own sanity, Pru comes to realize that if she clears Lily, she'll likely become the prime suspect-or the next victim. While the only creature she can totally trust is her crotchety tabby Wallis, Pru's got to uncover the real killer-and find a way to live with her gift-before the real beasts in the town savage her and those she has come to love.

The first in the Pru Marlowe "pet noir" series.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 9:24:47 PM PST
BubbaK says:
MERRY CHRISTMAS to some of the greatest people in the world!The love, the caring, the laughs, I could go on and on. But so greatful to be a part of this group. We laugh, we cry, we rant, we rejoice and it's all because of such a fun loving caring group. So ((((((HUGS))))) well wishes and and the best of things to come for the New Year! Thank all of you for being you!

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 9:17:35 PM PST
B.J. says:
Ah BubbaK, how sweet you are. Thank you for Heart of Gold but even more so for your message. How did I ever rate knowing people like you? I'm truly blessed.

I also received an email from a friend with this site: http://www.clarrissegill.com/videoclips/amazing_grace.php
I've heard this before, but it is truly beautiful and worth a repeat. No matter your beliefs, the song is wonderful and my Christmas gift to all of you.

BJ
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Personal Documents Features
31 11 minutes ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle for PC Update 1.10.8
0 26 days ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite 1st Generation Software Update Version 5.4.4
453 51 minutes ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Generation Software Update Version 5.4.3
142 7 hours ago
Announcement
NEWS: Seeing "Invalid Item" When Using Kindle for Android?
55 6 days ago
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
FB&C Wed-Fri Apr 16-18/2014 - FREE Books & Chat 175 2 minutes ago
swagbucks thread 9892 4 minutes ago
RAoK 76 - Spring has Sprung 4828 6 minutes ago
April 2014 Informal Poll - What are you reading? 250 7 minutes ago
kindle fire hdx volume on movies really low 11 12 minutes ago
Transferring notes/highlights on personal documents? 103 14 minutes ago
ARRAY(0x9e37f570)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  59
Total posts:  186
Initial post:  Dec 24, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions