Kindle Fire HD.....flash support ??

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 110 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2014 9:00:20 PM PST
aurora says:
What site did u use and browser to get to download? Thanks

Posted on Oct 8, 2013 9:44:37 AM PDT
Helen says:
I followed the tutorial and it worked for me. I am running flash using the Dolphin Browser on my HD. You have to sideload both Flash player and the Dolphin browser since both are not available in the Amazon app store. And sorry Laura!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2013 10:26:21 AM PDT
Cotton Socks says:
Helen, not the best advice. If you go to the Amazon Apps for Kindle store you will see that the Dolphin Browser is NOT compatible with the HD.

ALSO, I certainly would not be downloading an APK file from an unknown website. While the MediaFire site that is storing those two APK files is well know and trusted, the files come from an unknown source and one or both could contain nasties when side-loading them.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2013 10:10:27 AM PDT
Helen - No need to resurrect zombie threads from 6 months ago. If the users were still having problems, I'm sure they would have posted back.

Posted on Oct 5, 2013 10:08:50 AM PDT
Helen says:
If you guys are still having problems installing Flash onto your Kindle Fire, there's a tutorial and video here: http://flashplayerkindlefire.com

Posted on Apr 27, 2013 8:22:49 PM PDT
EOB says:
This is an important discussion. I hope you don't mind if I bump!

Posted on Apr 27, 2013 7:55:12 PM PDT
EOB says:
I am trying to do this now. Thanks for the 411.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2013 4:58:49 PM PDT
You're welcome. Go have dinner and a drink. Or several drinks. Then reboot your Fire and try later.

TO REBOOT YOUR KINDLE FIRE:
Make sure it's fully charged. Unplug the Fire.
Hold the power button in for a full 30 seconds (count them).
Press the power button again to turn it back on.
The "kindle fire" screen will appear for a couple of minutes while it's coming back on.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2013 4:52:24 PM PDT
agottsch says:
Thanks for your tireless efforts but I guess for now for me it's a fail. I can get to the link & download fine; tap on it, & watch the download status bar & it shows it is downloading. Then when it gets to 80ish percent, it stops & says unsuccessful. You all have been really great. Thanks so much for trying.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2013 4:40:43 PM PDT
Okay, let's try this.

The file you need is in here:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B46yVXXa5JqvcDRob2VDbG5BYzQ/edit?usp=sharing

To open the Google Drive link from your Fire (this works best if you're using a stylus):
- Press on the first part of the link.
- Two brackets will appear.
- Move the right bracket to the very end of the link. Make sure you get all of it highlighted.
- Then select Copy from the popup box.
- Click on the + in the upper right of web page you're on to open a new tab.
- Tap in the URL field and an option to Paste will appear. Tap that.
- The Google Drive link will open up.
- Tap the file you want to download.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2013 4:29:27 PM PDT
agottsch says:
What am I doing wrong? There's got to be something I'm not doing/doing. I can't download darn dolphin anywhere. Amazon even has it now but says not compatible. Got 2 on here - now just dolphin...

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2013 4:15:54 PM PDT
I got both of them to download just now so I know they're working.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2013 4:09:01 PM PDT
agottsch says:
Yep. Step 1? Just double checked to make sure, though. Managed to get flash downloaded; dolphin is still eluding me.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2013 3:37:58 PM PDT
Did you make sure and tell it to allow application installation?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2013 3:37:36 PM PDT
agottsch says:
I may try that. Been avoiding my computer & relying on my fire hd. Computer has windows 8 & is stupid glitchy. But getting to that place; can't view videos on either device so gotta do something. Will let you know when there's success.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2013 3:33:33 PM PDT
*hands over a quart of margaritas*

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2013 3:28:14 PM PDT
How about downloading to your computer, and either e-mailing them files to yourself on the Fire, or transferring them via USB?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2013 3:26:51 PM PDT
agottsch says:
Well... they both looked like they were downloading... then each time they finished it would say 'download unsuccessful'. Why, lordy, why?! I know it shouldn't be this difficult - maybe I just waited too long to get flash on my fire hd? Nah, that can't be it... can it? :-8

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2013 3:16:52 PM PDT
agottsch says:
Thank you - that really did make me laugh!

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 2:57:32 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 24, 2013 2:57:57 PM PDT
Okay! I uploaded the Dolphin HD and Flash files to my Google Drive and made them "shareable". Here are the links:

Dolphin HD:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B46yVXXa5JqvcDRob2VDbG5BYzQ/edit?usp=sharing

Flash:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B46yVXXa5JqvWUc1YVhjRlkyanM/edit?usp=sharing

Any problems, please let me know. I am still new to using Google Drive.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2013 2:56:36 PM PDT
I may start drinking heavily because of Flash...

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2013 2:55:40 PM PDT
agottsch says:
Before I try this, is there another safe site I could download it from? I've had my fire hd for 6 months & just now figured out how to actually close apps so they aren't constantly running in the background. Having to change settings & uninstall - I'm sweating buckets just thinking about it!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2013 2:37:52 PM PDT
Arrguh... It seems like everything is working against us now. Okay, 1mobile now has this funky Google/Facebook login that seems to go around in circles. I had to download the 1mobile market app to my Fire first, and them I was able to use the app to get Dolphin. A word of caution about the 1mobile market app, it tries to update EVERYTHING on your Fire, so I immediately went into the settings and turned off the auto updating. You can also delete this app once you get dolphin downloaded.

http://www.1mobile.com/app/market/

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2013 2:28:39 PM PDT
agottsch says:
Great! I am trying to download it and keep getting 'log in with Google', I tap it, and it just goes back to the page. I checked downloads, it doesn't show; I swiped down the top, it doesn't show that it's loading. What do I do?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2013 2:16:37 PM PDT
agottsch - The old version of Dolphin worked with an old version of Flash. These are both new. Laura's the one who hunted them both down.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  60
Total posts:  110
Initial post:  Sep 9, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 26, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 38 customers

Search Customer Discussions