Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Fire HD - Audio Out to Stereo Receiver?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jan 17, 2015 1:08:53 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 17, 2015 2:11:51 PM PST
Bradley Neff says:
I just got a new Kindle Fire. However, the music is not playing in stereo on my headphones, just mono. I copied the CD from my laptop to my Kindle. When I listen to the CD on my laptop with the same headphones, I hear it in stereo. Any suggestions?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2013 6:41:49 AM PDT
There's nothing to split on that end. She needs Aud In from the Fire and Aud In from the turntable.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2013 6:04:48 AM PDT
Beth Sexton says:
Nancy, this would be the best way

Sescom SES-IPOD-AB iPod Stereo Audio MP3 FLAC WMA Player A/B Switch 3.5mm (1/8) (ignore the image with 12.88 on it - it does not belong to this device)

It is rather expensive so you might want to try

Belkin Speaker and Headphone Splitter

If you think you might want to add more devices later you could go for this

Belkin RockStar 5-Way 3.5-mm Headphone Splitter (White)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2013 5:10:51 AM PDT
Carbonbased and Erin: You are both correct. Solved the problem of the Fire playing through the home stereo. Now the problem is I have to unplug the turntable each time I want to use the Kindle since there is only one set of "IN" jacks on the receiver. What I need is some sort of splitter cable or another idea so I can set it up for both turntable and Kindle without having to pull the unit off the shelf each time to access the jacks on the back. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2013 11:22:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 31, 2013 11:22:21 PM PDT
You can use a cheap AV selector to switch between the turntable and the Kindle Fire on your receiver. It should work, it's a pretty low-tech thing to do. One like this should work:

3-Port Way RCA Audio Video Expansion Multi Selector Box

Posted on Aug 31, 2013 10:54:13 PM PDT
Kindle ear/headphone jack (out) to stereo Audio In jack would be my guess.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2013 9:48:57 AM PDT
Good catch. I didn't even pay attention to that.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2013 9:42:09 AM PDT
Carbonbased says:
I think "OUT" is the key word there. The stereo has a port labeled OUT to indicate that's where stuff flows from the stereo to other things. Ports marked IN are the ones you're looking for to feed from the Fire into the stereo system.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2013 7:23:55 AM PDT
Basically, an MP3 player is the same so any information in the manual would also apply to a tablet.

You're 110% certain there isn't one Aux jack on the front? Barring that, I don't know about a splitter. An A/B switch would probably work but I'd recommend you talk to someone at, like, Radio Shack about that option, or check the stereo manufacturer's web site.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2013 7:18:09 AM PDT
The manual is useless as this unit was made before tablets, etc. Mp3 players had just come out at the time. As an alternate, does any sort of splitter exist so I could plug the white and red into the back of the receiver but have two 3.5 plugs on the other end--one for the Kindle and one for the turntable. Trouble is I have to pull the receiver off the shelf each time I want to switch input devices since the jacks are on the back of the unit. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2013 7:12:52 AM PDT
Unfortunately, I don't know anything about that. Hopefully someone else here can help you. Did you check the stereo manual?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2013 7:09:34 AM PDT
I now have found a DIGITAL OUT jack on the back of my receiver. Is there any way of using this jack to play music from my Kindle Fire HD 7" through my stereo receiver? This would be lots more convenient since I would not have to unplug my turntable each time I want to play the Kindle. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2013 12:09:23 PM PDT
You're welcome. Rock & roll!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2013 12:07:53 PM PDT
Thanks! Unplugged my turntable from the cable you described and plugged in the Kindle using the AUX button on the receiver. Worked like a charm. Thank you again.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2013 9:29:52 AM PDT
Paxton says:
You can also use Bluetooth with the Fire HD. I use that to play music through a wireless stereo Bluetooth speaker and it sounds great.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2013 8:48:39 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 30, 2013 8:49:54 AM PDT
The headphone jack on the stereo is Aud Out. You want Aud In from the Fire. Does the home stereo have an Aux function? Then it has RCA L and R jacks and you need a Y-shaped cable with RCA L and R plugs on one end, 3.5mm plug on the other end.

ETA: this --

Belkin Audio Y Cable Splitter 1-Mini Plug, 2-RCA Plugs (6 feet)

Posted on Aug 30, 2013 8:40:26 AM PDT
Looking for a solution for how to play my Kindle Fire HD 7" through my home stereo system. I have an earphone jack on the front of my receiver which works fine with headphones. I am using the cable I use in my car to play my Kindle through the car stereo system but the same cord will not work in the home stereo. I actually had to get a new cord for the car to play my iPhone through the car system and I've also tried that cord between the home stereo and Kindle. Just can't get the Fire to play in the home system. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 7:36:56 AM PST
Just wanted to follow-up, I finally got this to work on like the 7th try. Not exactly sure what was going on, but if I slowly plug the cable into the headphone jack "just so" then it starts working.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:21:08 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
If the headphones work then something is going on maybe with the cable. Make sure it is pushed in all the way. You may have to take your Fire somewhere like Radio Shack or Best Buy and try out a cable there to make sure it works. Not sure what else it could be other than that.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 8:20:44 AM PST
Is the jack pushed all the way in? I had this problem when listening to the original Fire in my car. Hope it's that simple! :)

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 8:19:49 AM PST
Music also works fine in my car with the Fire HD (headphone jack to aux input in the car).

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 7:55:10 AM PST
Yes the headphone jack works with headphones. Good question, I should have mentioned that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 7:54:09 AM PST
SeaLevel274 says:
Does the headphone jack work with headphones?

Initial post: Nov 17, 2012 7:43:31 AM PST
Hi, looking for help here. With my android smartphone, I can play music through my stereo speakers by plugging a cable into the headphone jack (this cable is hooked up to my stereo receiver). This works for pandora and amazon cloud player when using my smartphone. I haven't been successful in getting this to work with my new Kindle Fire HD. Any advice or tips? Surely it's possible to play music from the Fire HD through a stereo system? Thanks!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  Nov 17, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 17, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions