Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Does the Kindle Fire support Adobe Flash Player???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 445 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2016 7:28:56 PM PDT
Yes, Flash works with Windows. Some of the older versions like XP and Vista might not work with the newest versions of Flash.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2016 5:46:21 AM PDT
Cheryl Jones says:
google play store has the club penguin app. there are ways to side load stuff onto the kindle but you are probably just better off getting a true android tablet. maybe you can return the tablet and use that money for another tablet.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2016 5:28:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 12, 2016 5:29:28 AM PDT
I do not, sorry, but someone else may have some suggestions if there are any.

My only suggestion would be to go with a windows based tablet if Flash is important.

eta: What Rocker said. : )

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2016 4:43:47 AM PDT
Cheryl Jones says:
do the newer windows tablets support flash as well? I know apple never ever used flash.

Posted on May 12, 2016 3:32:45 AM PDT
Adobe discontinued Flash for Android/Fires three years ago. With the newer versions of the OS, there is no practical work around.

The only tablets that support Flash are really old Android tablets that haven't been updated or Windows tablets.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2016 7:36:31 PM PDT
Do you know how we can get the device to do what the flash does. I was looking for apps but really don't know what I am doing. I would really appreciate any help you may have. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2016 6:20:55 PM PDT
Actually, it's the other way around.
Adobe stopped supporting Android devices.
The Fire is Android based.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2016 6:04:08 PM PDT
I just bought the Amazon Fire for my grandson to play club penguin and just found out that the Amazon Fire does not support Adobe Flash Player. Very Sad. Now I have to search around for a good price tablet that will support this. I never thought about that being a problem. But, it is. A big one.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2015 8:07:35 AM PST
SMcClellan says:
Did you ever get the answer to this question? We are looking into purchasing a tablet for our 3rd grader to use on the go for reflex math among other things. It sounds like if we don't have an ipad we need a windows based laptop or desktop, so not sure if a windows based tablet will work, but not an android.

Posted on May 24, 2014 1:45:23 PM PDT
Pen Name says:
Trying to watch episodes on mtv od but it just seems to buffer on my kindle fire. I have tried it on my blackberry z10 & it seems to play fine on that. Anyone any idea what I can do to enable me to watch this as I've already paid for mtv od & can't even watch it! Kindle fire is a let down for me!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2014 10:38:08 AM PDT
Denis Powell says:
If you mean Adobe Flash, the installation instructions are covered in earlier posts. Where are you having difficulties?

Posted on Apr 13, 2014 8:02:45 AM PDT
Squiggins says:
How can you get Adobe on your kindle?

Posted on Jan 30, 2014 2:14:20 PM PST
MommaT says:
Im wanting to try out the ABCMouse.com for my son. It says I need a device that has flash of 10.2 or higher. Does the Kindle Fire HDX support this??

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2013 8:53:42 AM PST
The is no flash player on the Kindle Fire HD

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 8:26:20 AM PST
I. White says:
I have Kindle Fire HD and cannot find the browser menu so that I can plug in the flash player. OOOOOOOH this thing is so frustrating!!! I've dragged my finger all over the screen but can't get to the bottom bar. Somebody help me!!!

Posted on Aug 31, 2013 1:00:49 PM PDT
lori says:
HI
How do I get flash for 2nd generation? it says I need 11.2 or higher... my dolphin browser only goes so high on downloads HELP!!! I want to be able to play my fb games on kindle:(
thanks

Posted on Jul 2, 2013 4:39:25 AM PDT
I have a kindle 8.9. If I install another browser, will it invalidate the warranty?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2013 1:43:38 AM PDT
Denis Powell says:
If you're talking about Flash (your post isn't in reply to another so it's difficult to tell) and you have a second generation fire you don't enable it in Silk. You have to use the Dolphin Browser, not Silk, after you've installed Flash for ICS.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2013 12:45:53 AM PDT
At the bottom of your kindle to the left of your bookmarks button you see a little ladder. Tap on that to bring upxsettings. Scroll down to behavior until you come to enable flash. Make sure always on is enabled.

Posted on Jul 1, 2013 7:31:33 PM PDT
I swear I have followed directions as stated, but I don't even see enable flash in the silk settings. ??

Posted on Jun 17, 2013 12:04:35 PM PDT
Laura M. Dean at the very top of that page 15

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2013 12:03:26 PM PDT
dolphin is the answer. I got step by step from an older post. will try to find it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2013 11:58:29 PM PDT
TAMMSW says:
I'm sorry, but the link to dropbox doesn't work. I tried to look up dolphin browser without success. Now what can I do?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 29, 2013 8:49:09 PM PDT
Thank you for your easy to use instructions. Terrific!! Blessings.

Posted on Apr 28, 2013 5:06:55 PM PDT
I am trying to play a flash game and it isn't working even though I have enable flash forward enabled on my kindle fire but it isn't working!!!!!!!!! :[
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
It's After Midnight and I Just Opened a Bottle of Wine 5651 8 seconds ago
don't post in this thread... 3679 1 minute ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion IV 7759 7 minutes ago
So can you turn the Paperwhite light completely off? 755 7 minutes ago
Kindle on Samsung Galaxy 2 9 minutes ago
July 2016 Informal Poll -- What are you reading? 8 11 minutes ago
Word processor works on Kindle Paperwhite, but I miss a larger font. 31 12 minutes ago
Amazon Oasis 2005 22 minutes ago
deleting books off a tablet 35 23 minutes ago
Al's Place 36 Degrees of Separation 2284 24 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  250
Total posts:  445
Initial post:  Sep 28, 2011
Latest post:  May 12, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 66 customers

Search Customer Discussions