Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Bestbuy has no clue

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 31 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 23, 2012 4:36:37 PM PST
JustMe says:
Ohhhhh! Our local BB has them in stock! As lots of stores were selling the smaller HDs with $20 or $30 gift cards this week-end. I'm going to try to resist to see if they offer a similar special for the 8.9.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 3:17:17 PM PST
Bixillarla says:
That is strange. I purchased a warranty for my Paperwhite Kindle with no problems through Squaretrade when I got last month.

I even used a coupon code I received in my email. Maybe it was just that email offer that excluded the Kindles.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 2:50:32 PM PST
D.L.C says:
Hahaha. Best Buy these days is a joke. Many of their workers have little idea about the products they sell. Kind of like Gamestop years ago.

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 2:39:51 PM PST
RJT says:
Good idea; I have liked Squaretrade warranties when I have gotten them. Recently, however, I got an e-mail for their warranties and it excluded Kindles from the offer. New policy or a one time thing?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 2:35:46 PM PST
Bixillarla says:
Never purchase in store warranties. If you want a extended warranty get one from Squaretrade. If they cannot repair the item they will send you a check in the amount that you paid for the item so you can purchase a new one.

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 1:55:18 PM PST
RJT says:
Right now nothing about Best Buy makes me smile. Last year at this time I bought 3 KK3's for gifts and got the BB extended warranty with each (another $29. and change for each) and when one needed to be replaced last week they had no replacements, could not get replacements, and could not repair it, so, essentially it was a "hang the customer out to dry" experience until wonderful Amazon came to the rescue with their replacement. Pretty much, I feel I threw away money on the warranties for the 3 units. If Best Buy could not do anything just less than a year after purchase, what good will the pricy warranties do me over the next couple of years? There is probably a good reason their stock, according to a news article a few days ago, has gone down nearly 50% over the course of a year. I might be made a fool of once, but I will not make that mistake a second time. Caution is my by-word now about where I buy. Plus, I have gotten no response to an e-mail sent to customer service; shocking!

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 12:01:02 PM PST
E. Yasi says:
First impressions: I'm loving mine! Screen is gorgeous,the UI flows very nicely and videos on it are excellent.I love the Xray feature on them. The web browser seems noticeably faster too. It's very comfortable in the hand, though of course noticeably heavier too although not as heavy as I thought it would be.

I had bought a nook hd+ last week. It's nice but didn't impress me as much a I hoped which is why i decided to give the 8.9 a try. The HD+ is going back....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:42:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 8:43:24 PM PST
At least she didn't say "I didn't know they came in this size!". I've been the lucky recipient of that one.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:25:53 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 8:26:17 PM PST
I had an apathetic salesgirl at Victoria's Secret once. She was ringing up my undies and she held up one pair "Oh! I hate this pattern! It's so ugly. Don't you think?"

Yeah, I think that. Since, I am, you know, buying them and all.

Edited for typo

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:41:14 PM PST
Sarida says:
We want a review first thing!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:40:20 PM PST
Sarida says:
I met her twin brother about a year ago in a BB who ridiculed me for something I wanted to purchase. I was looking to replace my whole house wireless phone system, and he informed me, "Gosh, who buys those old things anymore? I don't know if we have any or not."

I smiled and said, "Well, then you won't want me as a customer."

To the guy who sits at the door to make sure I don't steal anything, I said, "That salesman over there said you all don't carry home phones anymore so I'm going to Wal Mart." He shrugged and said "Whatever."

While I went in one the other day to look at the Paperwhites and Kindle HD (and iPad Mini) I would NEVER buy anything there again.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 6:09:16 PM PST
E. Yasi says:
I'm visiting my Dad in NC and a Best Buy near him had one in stock, ordered online for in store pickup and am getting it tomorrow morning!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 1:21:21 PM PST
Old Rocker says:
I checked and there are three BB's within 300 miles of me that have the 8.9.

I read an article that said the Fire 8.9 will be a big help to BB's bottom line this holiday season.

BB's stock is down nearly 10% today.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 1:11:04 PM PST
Mary Jane says:
You're right. I just checked. Earlier today, it said coming soon. Now, I see that they are available in my local store. It says available for pick up 11/16/12.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 1:04:14 PM PST
Earlier today (like 90 minutes ago), the Best Buy website listed coming soon for the KF HD 8.9. They must have updated it recently, as it claims that all of the BB stores in my area (Nashville) have the 8.9" 16GB and 32GB in stock now. So I would check their website again.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 12:00:20 PM PST
Old Rocker says:
Did either Best Buy or Amazon announce that BB would have the 8.9 today?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 11:51:27 AM PST
Add a Target, OfficeMax, and a Party City, and you've described my hometown shopping center, Folina... especially when you add in the part about BB sales rep!

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 11:36:30 AM PST
I used to work at a department store that's often found in the shopping centers with Best Buy, a Hobby Lobby, a Kohl's, etc... One of the "kids" (18 or 19 years old) who worked for us was ignorant, insolent, lazy, and an all-around goofball. She was counseled a number of times, and when she received her last closed-door censure, she started looking around for another job.

She found one, across the lot at Best Buy. They put her, for entire 8-hour shifts, in charge of helping people purchase theater systems. Theater systems. Like thouuusands of dollars worth of stuff, and you're supposed to trust an ignorant, insolent, lazy goofball with this purchase??

I went in there for a mouse pad or something, and she saw me and said hello. I looked around the sales area in techno-trepidation. I said, "So they gave you a bunch of training on this stuff, or what?" She said, "Pffffft. No! They just told us to read the tags to the customers, bull$hit, and sell the warranties."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 11:24:10 AM PST
This reminds me of the argument I had with a BB employee who was insisting on telling customers that the original Kindle Fire shipped with a USB cable. His argument was that it had to have a USB cable because Amazon supplied BB with USB based power cables for their display models. heh...

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 11:13:59 AM PST
Fuzzy says:
I have found in general that most Best Buy employees don't have a clue about much of anything they sell.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 11:03:18 AM PST
Mary Jane says:
If you look at the Best Buy website, it still says "Coming Soon".

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 10:52:30 AM PST
You can check the stock on items for your local Best Buy on their web site.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 10:50:19 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Exactly. They may have just gotten them into their warehouse to send out to the stores today. Who know but it really doesn't matter.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 10:44:09 AM PST
❤ Ann says:
Did you expect Best Buy to have a clue? Also, from one of the articles you linked "...at Best Buy locations *beginning* tomorrow" [emphasis mine]. I don't think that can be interpreted to mean that all Best Buy stores everywhere will have them in stock on the first day.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 10:43:58 AM PST
SeaLevel274 says:
The one I stopped at today just out of curiosity said they had 20 coming in soon - maybe on the Monday truck.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle for iOS Software Update 4.5
26 6 hours ago
Announcement
Update re: Amazon/Hachette Business Interruption
0 Jul 29, 2014
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
What is the "Others" storage category 105 1 minute ago
Does Kindle Paperwhite support EPUB? 94 1 minute ago
SwagBucks Thread 3014 1 minute ago
Newt Gingrich 3 2 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #4: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food! 3493 5 minutes ago
RAoK #78 and still going! 7191 7 minutes ago
Want an Amazon "traditional" cover for Kindle Voyage 37 7 minutes ago
Can I organize books on Paperwhite? 35 7 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  23
Total posts:  31
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions