Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Announcement

New software update for Kindle Fire

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2015 4:53:04 AM PDT
CBRetriever says:
try talking to Customer Support by clicking on the Help link at the top/bottom of this page, selecting Need More Help and then Contact Us

btw, the 2012 update (topic of this thread) is most likely not the culprit

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2015 4:49:36 AM PDT
My kindle is now locked solid. I cannot access the internet without a parental control password. I cannot factory reset because I do not have the parental control password. I now have a very expensive paper weight. Please HELP!

Posted on Apr 7, 2015 4:46:14 AM PDT
It's impossible to reset with no parental password and no wifi. ARRRRRRGH

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2014 3:54:00 PM PDT
Ruth Pool says:
Thanks much Rogue ... appreciate it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2014 3:30:18 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 24, 2014 3:33:08 PM PDT
Rogue says:
I think you should contact Kindle Support. Answer a few questions then choose the Call me option under Phone. They will call you promptly and troubleshoot your issue in real time.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2014 3:01:29 PM PDT
Ruth Pool says:
I have a Kindle Paperwhite. It works fine but does not seem to read my home wifi hotspot. It shows connected but does not download any books. Can I de-register and re-register from the amazon website and still keep all my books? Should my Kindle be off or on when I do that? Thanks.

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 2:52:28 PM PDT
Ruth Pool says:
If I am having a problem connecting to my home wifi, and I de-register and then re-register my Kindle, will I lose all my kindle books?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 8:38:24 AM PST
Rogue says:
Toriv: Your welcome. I'm just one of many volunteers who enjoy assisting others whenever possible. Glad you've found my responses to be so helpful. Glenn

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:48:25 PM PST
Toriv says:
You ROCK Glen!!! This is the first time using this forum and so far you have answered all my questions in your posts.Thank-you so much! You've made searching for answers a breeze :-) Tori

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 8:40:30 AM PDT
Good Morning- This is a Kindle Fire + Fire HD guide published October 19th Free in Amazon today:

Kindle Fire + Fire HD Tips, Tricks, Secrets: Master your Kindle Fire/HD!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2012 7:35:01 AM PDT
Anita! Come visit us in the "Fire Tips" discussion over here :

http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_et_jump?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdPage=272&cdThread=TxEF8WX4VF88HV#CustomerDiscussionsLPIT

Glenn and I have missed you so much and worrried about you!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2012 5:02:22 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 12, 2012 5:10:27 AM PDT
Avid Reader says:
Hey, Glenn, I finally found your Oct 8 post after a month no one here. I am still doing well. I think of you and Joanne every day and wondered about JannE. I have been on BAAA since about April and we got to limit and had to start a new thread. When we did there have been four or five who join in. We have NO voting...
http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_rvt_np?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdPage=25&cdThread=Tx1D211SO3OM3LH#CustomerDiscussionsNew
Also I join in the word game at
http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdMSG=addedToThread&cdPage=1&cdSort=newest&cdThread=TxFTQIN1RYWZPK&newContentID=Mx19O7292WSOZL5&newContentNum=2368#CustomerDiscussionsNRPB

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 4:36:36 AM PDT
Avid Reader says:
I have been thinking of you and your gasoline prices. We are always on the low end because state taxes are low. Also, Glenn, How is your wife.
I don't know the perks of pro...My son has been a vine reviewer (I didn't even know til last year and still don't know his name here.) He has gotten some very nice gifts. He reviews technology and I am sure books. He got the first kindle and still fills his shelf with hardback books.

Will try to find you again....I post in BAAA every day.
♥♥♥Anita

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2012 4:28:34 AM PDT
Avid Reader says:
Wahooooo, Joanne. Congrats.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2012 4:27:48 AM PDT
Avid Reader says:
Now Glenn, why didn't you find me to let me know you got your Pro.... Congratulations and well deserved.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2012 4:26:39 AM PDT
Avid Reader says:
Ahhh, I put Kindle Fire tips in and found you all. Janne E I have wondered how you are.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2012 9:17:45 PM PDT
jsh1120 says:
Thanks, Joanne.

I felt a little hesitant to be hard on the author when the book, itself, is free and he obviously put a lot of effort into it. As I said in the review, it's certainly worth reading, especially for those new to the device, but the problems I cited were not, I thought, minor quibbles but cases where I thought a reader might be misled in a significant way. i.e. Where's the power light on my KFHD? Will my KFHD be damaged by using a charger I have for my cellphone? etc.

In any event, for the price, it can't be beat. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2012 5:30:32 PM PDT
Hi, jsh1120- I just read your excellent review of the free KFHD manual. I haven't read the guide yet. When I see free Kindle Fire HD user guides in Amazon, I like to let people know about them before they're not free anymore. Since it's free, we can figure out later the quality of the manual. Kudos to you for purchasing, reading and providing such an incredibly detailed (as usual) review of it all in one evening. Hopefully the author will take heed of your suggestions and update/correct the manual where necessary.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2012 4:01:36 PM PDT
jsh1120 says:
Joanne,

Just read it and reviewed it. As the review suggests, I'm rather disappointed by some points but at the price point, it's certainly worth picking up. Thanks for the heads up.

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 2:47:47 PM PDT
Good Evening, Friends- There is a FREE Kindle Fire HD manual in Amazon today:

Kindle Fire HD Manual: The Beginner's Kindle Fire HD User Guide

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 1:49:47 PM PDT
JannE says:
Okie dokie then!! Gevalia to the best group on the net! I feel bad when I don't stick my head in here at least once a week. I have this depression thing that lays me out and I don't do anything until it passes. I don't know why but have been that way for a long time. Then I pick myself up and carry on!! Getting cold here, frost and freeze warnings all weekend and now in the 30s and 40s at night and I love it!! Back later!

Gevalia all!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2012 1:34:00 PM PDT
Donna Stapp says:
So true, and thanks Glenn......and I got my tickets with frequent flyer miles..whoo whoo!! Donna

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2012 1:15:20 PM PDT
Rogue says:
Thanks Donna! Factor in the cost of gas and it makes flying even more practical. Be safe and have a wonderful trip. Glenn

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2012 1:09:46 PM PDT
Donna Stapp says:
Glenn-Yes, I meant to mention to both you and Joanne, Congrats!!! You guys are the best:) Flying from Santa Barbara to Boise....too far to drive for me, not to mention the time involved and, of course, who knows what the weather will be?!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2012 12:32:47 PM PDT
Rogue says:
Dollar General! Your right it doesn't sound or even look as good as Gevalia. LOL! I know what you mean about the gas prices as we have the privledge of having the highest prices in the country. Woohoo! It makes us plan our trips better to maximize the enjoyment factor while minimizing the miles driven. At 7MPG it is truly a luxury item now. We're planning longer stays at closer sites. I agree with us staying in touch as we go about our business. Posting here and in "Kindle Fire Tips ,Getting started" feels like home to Joanne and I and this is where we have made lasting friends that we care about. Joanne and I track both of these discussions so just give a shout out and we'll come running. Well walking. LOL! And it's still okay to use our "Gevalia" shout out as my coffeemaker is still working and also it just feels good to say it knowing friends will respond in kind. Take care Jann and glad you are healthy and as fiesty as always! Your friend, Glenn
P.S. Don't worry about the memory thing as it happens to the best of us. Um, what were we talking about again?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 96 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! We're Quirky And We're Not Going To Take It Anymore! 2016, You've Been Warned! So Geese And Tally Ho! 7969 1 minute ago
Kindle Fire - screen lock for toddles watching movies? 98 1 minute ago
Kindle Oasis 158 1 minute ago
Isssue: Paperwhite jumps back and forward a couple of pages without any touch on screen during reading 0 3 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #5: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food 7480 4 minutes ago
Kindle screen size - is it too small? 51 7 minutes ago
Oasis first impressions 252 15 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks III 9062 16 minutes ago
Free Books and Chat (FB&C)---May 2016 20 17 minutes ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion IV 7255 18 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  305
Total posts:  2380
Initial post:  May 3, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 7, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 49 customers

Search Customer Discussions