Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Need help with Kindle Fire email setup for Qwest / Centurylink POP3

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 115 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2014 11:26:54 AM PDT
Finally connected my century link mail to the newer Kindle Fire - the server names are mail.q.com, ports 110 and 587.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2014 1:12:50 PM PDT
Lori says:
I don't have a Kindle but I think you go to the menu button, then accounts, hold your finger on the account you want to delete and a menu comes up. Hit delete account. I did this a year ago for my brother. We then added the account again and it worked fine. Still does. I may have started this discussion. Let me know. Lori

Posted on Mar 14, 2014 10:38:20 AM PDT
Larry Lynde says:
I am using a first gen fire and the outgoing mail does not work. I can reply to an email but not generate one. I can't figure out how to delete the email account and start over.

Posted on Sep 29, 2013 7:46:13 PM PDT
Mary says:
What does allow installation of new apps have to do with setting up email on the built in email app? You are not installing an app just inputting server info for your email account? Just curious as that seems weird you would need that setting to fix it. Mary

Posted on Sep 29, 2013 2:40:38 PM PDT
Sosu says:
After a morning of wrestling with adding my q.com email account to my new KFHD, I finally resolved the "cannot access server problem" by going into the new Kindle's device setting and turning on the "allow installation of new apps". I added the new email account, and it worked! Whew... I hope this helps someone else.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2013 9:39:30 AM PDT
Lori says:
I set up email on a kindle fire also with century link. We have a qwestoffice email address. After about three days of error messages, I finally deleted the account and set it back up and it is now working perfectly. It didn't even lose the emails that we had already received. And, yes, the ports are 110 and 587.

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 4:23:11 PM PST
Mary says:
I have used AOL with the email app and had no problem. I believe I had to use different servers settings than what I use with my email app on the computer. I googled and must have found the info within AOL some where, was mobile servers or something I had to use. Mary

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 7:27:34 AM PST
Julia Hill says:
kindle fire will not autinicate aol:

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2013 5:22:38 PM PST
Greg Grayson says:
I don't know the answer to that but l will check into it. Thanks so much for your thoughtful comment.
-Ron

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 4:32:05 PM PST
Mary says:
Do you have the right in coming and out going servers? I know with my AOL mail I had to use different servers than what I use on the computer, had to use a mobile set up I think it was. Did you ask netzero about it? Mary

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 10:33:04 AM PST
Greg Grayson says:
I bought a Kindle Fire HD 8.9" tablet in January 2013. I responded to the (automatic) email setup with Netzero information. The app allows me to read my email but that's all. I can't delete, reply, write or forward mail. The app reports no error and indicates the desired operation has been completed. However, checking it via the web indicates it is not performing. Deficient software.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2013 12:08:18 PM PST
Remix says:
Hi all check out my previous post, it worked for me and others.
Good luck

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 11:48:28 AM PST
Mary says:
I know when I set up aol and road runner email on my fire I couldn't use the same settings as the desktop, had to use mobile settings or some such if I remember right. Your email provider should know the right ones. Mary

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2013 11:39:37 AM PST
little mo says:
Hi
Yes I have checked all the servers I have printed them out from Talk Talk, but will keep on trying

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 11:38:49 AM PST
Mary says:
I have used skitmail which is free and I liked it but I had to give up using a mail program on my fire because I couldn't find one that could be turned off so if I left the fire on and went to the desktop I couldn't get my mail on the desktop unless I shut the fire down. Mary

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 11:18:11 AM PST
Sheldon says:
I was also having many problems with the Kindle Mail app. I downloaded and started using K-9 Mail which worked like a charm, but I didn't like the features as much as the Kindle Mail so after awhile I tried Kindle Mail again and low and behold it worked just fine. I have no idea what happened, but I can only guess Amazon is working on these problems and chiping away at them over time. Meanwhile, I suggest lighting a candle instead of cursing the darkness and just using an alternate email app. K-9 is a free app.

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 11:07:28 AM PST
Mary says:
Did you check with tiscali that you have all the servers right and stuff? Mary

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 10:59:46 AM PST
little mo says:
I have tried all the different suggestions but still cannot connect to my email on tiscali, it connects ok with different ones my daughter in law has tried but not tiscali, what is the problem?

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 5:35:38 AM PST
Mary says:
I have used my AOL address on the original fire with the built in email app and it works fine as long as it's set up properly. Have used it with a few other email apps in the app store and works with those also. Make sure are the pop servers and such are set correctly. I don't know, I got it to set up and work first time out of the box. Mary

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2013 3:09:44 AM PST
tucks says:
AOL and Talk Talk insist it is the Kindle at fault, come on Amazon pull your finger out and issue genuine advice!!

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 3:18:25 PM PST
Mary says:
Who is your email provider? Have you tried contacting them for help?. Mary

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 3:16:28 PM PST
tucks says:
I am also having problems e-mailing from kindle fire, what are Amazon doing about it? I am not paying extra for what amazon should have provided

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 7:12:32 PM PST
Mary says:
Well that's all I can think of is try q.com with another program like skitmail. I have the first fire and didn't like the built in email app so found a free one in the app store I liked better. Maybe one of those will work better with q. Mary

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 5:20:21 PM PST
ZoeandLotus says:
Thanks...I did go ahead and set up gmail (which was a snap to set up on the Kindle) and am in the process of switching everything over to gmail. It is a tedious procedure tho and I was still hoping for a q.com solution! Thanks for your input.

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 4:04:06 PM PST
Mary says:
Oh sorry since you mentioned century link thought it was the same. I would think that if q.com could be set up on an android device to begin with it would be the same set up. Have you tried another email app? Skitmail is a free one I have used and like. Now I prefer to just check my email online from my fire since I can't find an email app that can be turned off if I forget and leave my kindle on and get on the computer to use my mail program there. Mary
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  67
Total posts:  115
Initial post:  Nov 24, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 12, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions