Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Fire HD Bluetooth

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 120 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2016 5:34:32 PM PDT
Terry Pranys says:
Thank you!!! This worked like a charm

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2015 9:54:39 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Correct

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 9:11:29 PM PDT
MY KINDLE FIRE HD WILL NOT send Bluetooth to my iBHP10 wen using HDMI cord

Posted on Aug 7, 2015 6:07:14 PM PDT
Debra Bruce says:
I cannot get my kindle fire HDX to connect with my galaxy s5. Any suggestions?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2015 6:41:19 AM PDT
I have the same problem. Did you find an answer?
Susana

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2015 12:43:47 PM PDT
Soulrider says:
Miss V H Clarke, I used to be able to send files from my laptop to my Kindle Fire HD 7 via Bluetooth by right clicking on the file and then choosing SEND TO and then BLUETOOTH DEVICE and then choosing my Fire HD 7. However, I found that I couldn't do it on my Fire HDX 8.9. I looked and apparently they dropped the particular profile that used to allow that. I have no idea about transferring files from a camera though.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2015 7:58:44 AM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
That is correct, you cannot. You can only attach Bluetooth devices like speakers and keyboards.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2015 6:57:29 AM PDT
I can't bluetooth a photo from my Nokia 220 to my kindle fire even when they are paired

Posted on Feb 21, 2015 12:11:44 PM PST
Ellen Harvey says:
jstock
Is there a way to use a blue tooth on my Kindle Fire HD ,8.9) to listen to music (use while walking)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2015 5:54:38 PM PST
Allen Meyers says:
If possible please assist cannot pair my 8.9 hdx with brand new Logitech k480 keyboard

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2015 10:43:25 PM PST
mary Griffin says:
There is an illustration on YouTube. If you still haven't been able to figure it out.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2015 12:24:14 PM PST
John Goacher says:
I just bought an SX-948C bluetooth headset to use with my KFHD... but the KFHD does not discover it when scanning for Bluetooth devices. Now I read that microphone enabled headsets are not supported... Does anyone have a workaround for this? Ironically the headset was purchased on Amazon...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2015 6:51:46 PM PST
Soulrider says:
sbwalsh,
I'm certainly not an expert when it comes to Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, etc. but i will say that unfortunately since both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi use radio frequencies, they are subject to interference from other things that use radio waves as well as materials that block radio waves. I know at least with Wi-Fi routers used in wireless home networks you are often allowed to change the "channel" or frequency that the unit operates on if you are having problems with the unit not operating properly due to other devices using the same or similar "channel or frequency". Unfortunately, I don't think Bluetooth allows you to do the same at least not at the user level. The unit itself that you are using may do so on it's own but I don't think you can do much of anything on your end. If you were having this difficulty at home their might be some things you could do like maybe not having as many devices hooked up at the same time, etc. But when you are out and about I think you are probably subject to whatever types of interference you run into in your travels. Other than maybe avoiding certain things that "may" be causing some of the interference (taking another route, etc) I can't really think of much else you can really do. I would assume there are any number of things that would/could be sources of interference such as power lines, cell phone towers, other wireless or Bluetooth sources such as wireless camera systems, cordless phone, baby monitors, etc, etc. Perhaps someone else who knows more on the subject or has some other ideas will chime in, good luck.

Posted on Jan 5, 2015 12:00:25 PM PST
Coach V says:
So happy I read through this. My Jaybird Bluebuds weren't connecting to my Kindle Fire HD until I read here to press the + and - buttons on the headphones simultaneously while searching for devices on my kindle. Worked like a charm!

Posted on Jan 5, 2015 3:19:25 AM PST
sbwalsh says:
I don't understand the technology enough to ask an intelligent question, so please forgive and you can laugh all you want. Pairing with bluetooth does not appear to be my issue. Do certain things cause interference with bluetooth technology and if so, is there a way prevent or correct without restarting device or unpairing and resetting up device? Now let me explain. I use the bluetooth with my hearing aids on my Kindle fire and my phone. I love to use my kindle fire to play music when I go walking on trails or at the park. At certain blocks, I'm wondering if it is internet towers, because I get strange sounds, I get kicked out. Can Emergency frequency like fire trucks or police car radio scanners, etc...kick it out too? Frustrating.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2015 12:11:27 AM PST
try turning ur wifi off on ur kf then do it

Posted on Dec 31, 2014 2:00:26 PM PST
Does the kindle fire 6 work/ and is it compatible with Bluetooth to Bluetooth at Wal-Mart kiosks work together? Thanks, Loren
Seems like my Bluetooth doesn't show that it is on for some reason. I turned it on, but doesn't do anything.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2014 12:20:16 PM PST
sriram says:
Yes but the Bluetooth Browse feature is not supported in this device, meaning if you connect to a CADILLAC vehicle it says that the browse list cannot be seen on this device as it is not supported.

It is same with my Honda Vehicle.

Posted on Dec 27, 2014 7:33:50 AM PST
Soulrider says:
I haven't connected a Fire HD to Fire HD via Bluetooth before but if wants you to type in a passkey it should have put up a box for the passkey to be typed in. If so, tap the box and I would think your onscreen keyboard would come up. I just tried pairing my HD 7 with my HDX 8.9 via Bluetooth and I didn't have to type a passkey. It simply said on one one device that the other device should be DISPLAYING a passkey of "XXXXXX" and if so to confirm that it was. I looked on the other device and it was displaying the required passkey so I confirmed it on the original device and it paired both devices. Are you trying to do file a transfer or something? Hopefully your model of HD still can. I tried pairing my HDX 8.9 with my laptop and while I was able to "pair" it I could no longer send files from my laptop to my HDX 8.9 by right clicking and choosing "send to" and choosing the HDX 8.9. Amazon apparently removed that Bluetooth protocol on the HDX 8.9 that allowed this. I was able to do this with laptop and my HD7 but the HDX 8.9 won't. Good luck.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2014 7:11:21 PM PST
How do I connect my sister's kindle fire HD to my Kindle Fire Hd? I know how to but it is telling me to type in a passkey and where do I type that.

Posted on Dec 13, 2014 5:11:05 PM PST
John Hervey says:
I'm trying to connect my logitech H800 headset to the Kindle Fire HD, and the Fire can't find the headset on Bluetooth. It looks from the discussion above that it is pretty unlikely that there is a way to connect them, correct?

Posted on Dec 8, 2014 6:44:24 PM PST
Raymoond says:
Why can't I connect to my phone on my kindle Fire hd

Posted on Aug 11, 2014 7:29:10 AM PDT
why wont my bluetooth headphones connect to my kindle fire hd

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2014 2:37:03 PM PDT
Riggsveda says:
I am having thesame problem with my HDX 8.9. The thing is, an identical tablet I had worked just fine with the speaker before it (the HDX) had an accident. But the tablet I got to replace it, the exact same model of tablet, can't find the speaker. The tablet also can't find the bluetooth link in my car, which the old tablet had no problem with. To make things even more confusing, the new tablet hooked up to my Poetic keyboard without any delay, just like the old tablet did.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2014 9:34:42 AM PDT
Soulrider says:
Sara, do you have the screen timeout set to shut off after a certain number of minutes on your Kindle Fire HD? If you haven't already I wonder if you set the screen timeout to "Never" if it will keep things active and working. I've not used anything where I needed Bluetooth going continuously but perhaps if you changed the timeout to "Never" that might work.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  71
Total posts:  120
Initial post:  Oct 29, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 19, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 26 customers

Search Customer Discussions