Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Fire HD Bluetooth

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 100 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 13, 2014 5:11:05 PM PST
John Hervey says:
I'm trying to connect my logitech H800 headset to the Kindle Fire HD, and the Fire can't find the headset on Bluetooth. It looks from the discussion above that it is pretty unlikely that there is a way to connect them, correct?

Posted on Dec 8, 2014 6:44:24 PM PST
awesome says:
Why can't I connect to my phone on my kindle Fire hd

Posted on Aug 11, 2014 7:29:10 AM PDT
why wont my bluetooth headphones connect to my kindle fire hd

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2014 2:37:03 PM PDT
I am having thesame problem with my HDX 8.9. The thing is, an identical tablet I had worked just fine with the speaker before it (the HDX) had an accident. But the tablet I got to replace it, the exact same model of tablet, can't find the speaker. The tablet also can't find the bluetooth link in my car, which the old tablet had no problem with. To make things even more confusing, the new tablet hooked up to my Poetic keyboard without any delay, just like the old tablet did.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2014 9:34:42 AM PDT
Soulrider says:
Sara, do you have the screen timeout set to shut off after a certain number of minutes on your Kindle Fire HD? If you haven't already I wonder if you set the screen timeout to "Never" if it will keep things active and working. I've not used anything where I needed Bluetooth going continuously but perhaps if you changed the timeout to "Never" that might work.

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 7:50:15 AM PDT
After reading a lot of bogs,etc., online and not being able to resolve my issue, I called Amazon tech help. To pair my Bluetooth wireless earbuds with my KFHD, all I had to do was press the - and + buttons on the earbuds simultaneously. Another tip is that the Bluetooth can function with only one device at a time. So simple, but I would never have thought to do that. Thankful for the phone help line.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2014 5:04:55 PM PDT
6/30/14 ditto. I h a 've the Belkins keyboard and every time I use it the network stays connected but will not refresh Qantas page or upload/download.

Posted on May 8, 2014 11:20:38 AM PDT
Sara L. says:
Is there anyway to keep the bluetooth on continuously? The device I have paired with the Kindle Fire HD is a bluetooth scanner. I know it seems really weird to pair that kind of device but it does work. But when the Kindle goes to sleep it seems to disconnect the bluetooth and then takes too long to connect again. This is a time sensitive process I'm using it for that goes inactive for a few hours then gets picked back up and needs to start quickly. Any way to leave the bluetooth always going? I've programmed my scanner to not turn off so that it's on all the time.

Posted on May 5, 2014 12:53:50 PM PDT
Mark Horn says:
Since somebody posted that the Kindle HD Fire does not support microphone bluetooth, guess that means I am out of luck using a bluetooth headset with Skype.

Posted on Apr 13, 2014 2:50:06 AM PDT
I'm having trouble connecting my kindle fire hdx to mobile phones I have the HTC one m8 it just won't connect. It also would not connect to my Samsung s3 can anyone help?

Posted on Mar 30, 2014 11:38:57 AM PDT
shopidaho says:
My Kindle Fire worked great with a remote speaker but now won't play. It says connected but shows up as "no bluetooh devices available"

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 11:32:06 AM PST
C. Sherman says:
I, also, am having trouble with my Kindle Fire HDX 8.9. Bluetooth interferes with WiFi with exactly the same problem as Stan. I did talk to someone from Amazon who suggested changing the frequency range on the router, but I don't have that option. And, yes, all of the keyboards that are supposed to be compatible with the KFHDX are the same and cheaply made. Bluetooth does, however, work when I am using the AT&T network. Go figure. I have to believe that Amazon knows about this problem and hopefully is working on the fix...

Posted on Feb 14, 2014 7:21:04 AM PST
I have a Logitech Ultimate Ears Miniboom bluetooth wireless speaker, and I cannot get my Kindle Fire HD to find it to pair with it. Any tips or am I out of luck with pairing these. The Miniboom speaker is supposed to work with A2DP devices, and it looks like the Kindle Fired HD is supposed to work with those devices as well...

Posted on Feb 1, 2014 1:02:17 PM PST
Stan says:
I'm having the identical problem as Tara with my HDX. Turning on the Bluetooth keyboard disrupts the Wifi signal. Although technically still "connected", Wifi icon has an X, and all pings & packets drop. Tried re-pairing, enabling/disabling Airplane mode, disabling/enabling Wifi, switching to another wireless network. It's only worked 2 or 3 of 50+ attempts. I'm sure the problem is that Bluetooth & 802.11 Wifi share the 2.4GHz range. Only possible solution I can think of is to change Wifi router to use 5GHz frequency range.

Amazon Kindle Mayday techs are unwilling & unable to help. The keyboard/case (with no company branding on it) is manufactured/sold by 4 phony companies with no phone numbers, let alone tech support: Gambolex, IVSO, Ionic, I-Blason. Same keyboard. Shady as that is - the Bluetooth headphones issue seems to confirm that it's not just a problem with the keyboard itself.

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 11:53:12 AM PST
J D says:
Will plantronics Bluetooth BACKBEAT GO 2 WIRELESS EARBUDS work with kindle fire hd

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2014 7:21:38 AM PST
Soulrider says:
I'm not sure (in either case posted here) what the connection would be seeing as wi-fi and Bluetooth are two different things. A Bluetooth keyboard uses the Bluetooth technology and frequencies to connect to your Kindle. It doesn't use wi-fi or the wi-fi frequencies. Bluetooth doesn't in any way use your wi-fi network at home or at work to connect a Bluetooth keyboard (or any other Bluetooth device) to your Kindle. In fact you could connect a Bluetooth enabled device to your Kindle without even having access to a wi-fi network at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2014 7:47:44 AM PST
T. Harris says:
I have this problem on the wifi network at work. When I use my wifi network at home, I have no problems using my blue tooth keyboard on my home network. It's very strange. There must so setting on the corporate wifi network that is causing the problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2014 7:45:58 PM PST
Tara says:
I just got a Bluetooth keyboard for my KFHDX and when my bluetooth is on, my wifi won't work either. I can't figure it out!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2014 6:57:27 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 14, 2014 7:04:59 AM PST
Soulrider says:
Brian, when you transfer a file over to the Kindle Fire it goes to a file folder called Bluetooth instead of the directly to the Documents folder. You need to use a file manager program such as ES File Explorer (available free at the Amazon app store) to find and move the file over from the Bluetooth folder over to the Documents folder (or wherever you want the file to go). If you put it in the Documents folder it should then show up when you go under the Documents menu. Depending on the file type, etc, you may also need an app to be able to open and read the file. There are various apps on the Amazon App store to open/read different file types. A couple that come to mind are Adobe Reader (for PDF files) and OfficeSuite Viewer (for Office documents) which were both fee last time I looked. I hope this helps.

Edit: Add Info

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 7:00:42 PM PST
Brian Chaney says:
I have bluetoothed myself a text book for a college class to my kindle fire. I opened it after they transferred and everything was fine but as soon as I got off to try and find where they went... they were no where to be found. Where do the files go after they get bluetoothed? I figured Docs but there is nothing there.

Thanks, Brook

Posted on Jan 6, 2014 9:57:57 PM PST
My Kindle Fire HD does not recognize my JBL Flip portable wireless stereo speaker? only my iphone 5C? is the problem with the Kindle Fire HD or JBL Flip speaker? Both Blue tooth and WiFi are turned on.

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 3:01:21 PM PST
kl says:
Yes, I am trying to connect my bluetooth speaker to my 2nd gen. Kindle. It says the 2 devices are connected, but when I try to play music on the speaker, it says these an error, no sound will come out

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2013 10:30:37 AM PDT
Soulrider says:
What happens when you try to pair the keyboard with you Kindle Fire HD 8.9? I assume you go the Wireless menu option and turn on Bluetooth on the Kindle Fire HD 8.9" and then press some sort of pairing button on the keyboard, then what happens? Does the keyboard show up on the Kindle Fire Hd 8.9"? Does it give some sort of code that you have to put in on the Kindle? Do you get an error message on the Kindle Fire HD 8.9? If you could indicate what happens as you try and pair the keyboard it that might help troubleshoot the problem.

Posted on Oct 5, 2013 9:49:07 AM PDT
kidneymom says:
Bought bluetooth keyboard off amazon, frm cloud accessories 21.99 my kindle doesnt pick it up. Hubbys fone picks it up n pairs so seller says not faulty, which it isnt, but no use to me if i cant use it o my kfhd 8.9which is what keyboard is meant for .... any help as been tryi g all bloody wk since mon and it sat now

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2013 9:24:57 AM PDT
Anadyrgirl says:
Apparently you can buy a bluetooth adapter that fits in the headphone jack. I read about it but haven't looked into it. Good luck
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  55
Total posts:  100
Initial post:  Oct 29, 2012
Latest post:  12 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 24 customers

Search Customer Discussions