Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

kindle prime lending library

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 226 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2014 11:25:45 AM PST
This is for borrowing and loaning books you already own, but for the Lending Library.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2014 3:18:14 PM PDT
Well, seeing as it was flipoid saying that, I just had to see what she was responding to. =)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2014 3:15:02 PM PDT
King Al says:
Well, I didn't bother to check the context either.... thanks for doing it for me :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2014 3:06:47 PM PDT
3 years old & didn't bother to check what the context was.

Like walking in on the middle of a conversation & getting it all wrong, but acting like they know exactly what was said.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2014 3:04:31 PM PDT
Katrina, if you are going to respond to a post from December 2011, shouldn't you at least check to see what they are responding to?

In this case, flipoid's comment was to someone who was not paying for it, she was an invited guest & wanted all of the same benefits as the paying Prime Member, but without having to pay for it.

Here is a snip-it of what she said...

<<It's stinky that only the original Prime member is allowed to borrow books!
My fiancee and I live in the same house, so naturally he just 'invited' me to share his Prime membership. But he is the only one who can borrow books>>

That is what flipoid was responding to.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2014 2:20:35 PM PDT
King Al says:
Why are you responding to a post that is almost 3 years old?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2014 1:58:55 PM PDT
Katrina says:
I'ts not free - your paying for it.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2014 6:42:39 AM PDT
There is another saying...you got ripped off

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2014 10:56:01 AM PDT
Sarida says:
What did Customer Service say?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2014 10:43:51 AM PDT
Thanks for the update; everyone was wondering.

Posted on Jun 14, 2014 10:03:56 AM PDT
I have bought two kindle fires and both have quit charging, a design flaw as I understand. So I will never buy another and due to their mistake I can no lon
ger access the lending library. Will not renew prime membership again.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2014 4:00:35 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 17, 2014 4:02:12 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2014 3:39:39 AM PDT
And you're commenting on a 2 1/2 year old post because...?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2014 9:11:49 PM PDT
pina1300 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Mar 13, 2014 6:26:52 PM PDT
Warthog says:
Now that Amazon is increasing the price for Prime they REALLY should make video and the lending library available to ALL their customer's devices.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2014 6:10:22 PM PST
Artist says:
Which is why the info states that it works with any *compatible* device. If you want a list of those compatible devices, I can give you a link.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2014 6:08:35 PM PST
Beach Girl says:
Very disappointing....I enjoy the streaming movies, but am disappointed that it doesn't work with the kindle app.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2013 11:29:13 AM PST
This isn't Amazon. These are customer conversations. If you want Amazon to hear you, you'll need to email them at feedback-kindle@amazon.com .

Posted on Dec 16, 2013 11:25:28 AM PST
Serafin says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2013 6:07:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 23, 2013 6:14:10 PM PDT
Dog Lover says:
In fact, no one here thought "there is anything wrong with the original question." The OP question was answered immediately. Then, others chimed in with complaints, whining, and an unmerited sense of entitlement. I see nothing "wrong" with telling those persons exactly why THEY are wrong and uninformed.

As to your linked posting, the same reply is relevant.

I find it very amusing that you assert that Amazon is missing a revenue stream by this policy. Amazon, arguably the world's most successful company in determining precisely what people are willing to pay for.

It is to laugh to think that you may have identified something they overlooked.

DL

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2013 5:54:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 23, 2013 6:15:02 PM PDT
So, you didn't bother to read Prime's TOS & then you call people whiny for complaining that others whine that they can't get something that the TOS clearly states you can't get.

I imagine that those same people will/would complain when/if Amazon decides to cancel the KOLL and/or the free video streaming, which is clearly on the Prime TOS page - Amazon can cancel the KOLL & the video's at any time.

I'm guessing that you don't understand the word whiny.

Edited for typo

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2013 3:38:03 PM PDT
Sarida says:
By your spelling, it seems you are outside the US?

Amazon offers a HUGE amount of free books without having a Prime membership. If you are outside the US, I probably cannot be helpful anyway. I'm not sure what your Amazon choices are.

But the free ones may not be best sellers, but I've found plenty to keep me reading. It just depends on your particular interests in reading.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2013 2:48:59 PM PDT
R. Mitra says:
Hi Sarida, I didn't mean to generalise, and I apologise for the lack of better words. The mere fact the you tried to help proves the point. On the contrary, some people still do fall into that description just like the post before yours (except for whining though!).

To answer your question, my library does not have elending capabilities, and other paid libraries seem to only have PDF books. I, on the other hand, prefer ebooks.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2013 5:22:32 AM PDT
Sarida says:
First, this is a very old thread. The comment to which you refer is a year old.

Second, there is nothing wrong with asking a question.

However, you said:
People in this forum seem to think that they are in fact Amazon, when they are actually a bunch of whining people without much thought of their own.

That was mean. Most of us truly desire to help people make their experience with Kindles an easier experience. We all struggled with some sort of technology at some point. That there are people here who have nothing better to do that be snarky, doesn't mean that the rest of us should be thrown in that generalization.

Have you checked out your local library to see if they offer elending?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2013 5:19:06 AM PDT
Just Peachy says:
"And if Amazon does make lending available on Kindle apps, their sale of Prime would only increase. "

For most people it's not worth $79 just for the book borrowing. Amazon has to pay for each book borrowed under the program. I bet someone at Amazon has run the numbers to determine the profitability of offering KOLL to everyone who uses one of the apps.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  90
Total posts:  226
Initial post:  Nov 4, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 18, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 15 customers

Search Customer Discussions