Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Fire Security

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 21, 2012 6:42:58 PM PDT
no name says:
I'm considering buying a Kindle Fire but I've read reviews about it not having any password on it to keep it secure. I've read that you can just go onto your brand new KF and order anything you want without a password right out of the box and there's no way to set a password. Maybe this has changed or maybe those people never found a way to make it more secure. Is there any way to set a password on the KF so it can only be turned on by me? Or at the very least is there a way to password protect purchases? I would love to get a KF as I'd love a tablet and it's a great price, but if there's no way to set up a password to keep other people from making purchase on it then I can't risk it. If it gets into the wrong hands I could be broke in a matter of minutes.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 6:45:37 PM PDT
Charlie Fox says:
Don't know where you are 'reading' but it's not true. You definitely can password protect the Fire

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 6:47:52 PM PDT
no name says:
On at least one review for the fire. So how could I password protect it? If you don't mind sharing. It's the first thing I plan to do if I get one so it would be nice to not have to play with it for half a day to figure it out if you get my drift. ;)

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 6:53:19 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 21, 2012 6:54:22 PM PDT
Charlie Fox says:
Just read the manual here on the website, it's one of the prominent settings called 'lock screen password'

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 6:56:09 PM PDT
no name says:
There's a manual on the Amazon website? *sigh* I am so not born in the right century since I've missed that after all this looking around. It's probably right under my nose too. Would you mind my being a pest one more time and asking for the link to it?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 6:56:35 PM PDT
Here is the help page on the Passwords and Parental Controls that might answer your questions http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_k6land_password?nodeId=200729250#password

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 6:59:47 PM PDT
no name says:
Wonderful! I'm content now! Thank you both so much; you're amazing! I could kiss you both!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
News: Kindle for iOS Software Update 4.6
0 Dec 15, 2014
Announcement
Simon & Schuster Agreement
0 Oct 20, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
RAoK 79/80 - Tis the Season, and the end of the year! 8758 1 second ago
kindle fire keeps crashing 5 5 minutes ago
Using Southwest WiFi on a Kindle 0 5 minutes ago
do not buy a kindle! 20 6 minutes ago
Amazon Echo 2214 9 minutes ago
Kindle Fire HD won't turn on 0 29 minutes ago
is there an app for that? 5850 33 minutes ago
Problems w/ WiFi connection on Kindle Fire? 887 39 minutes ago
Fire stick drops network connection 389 45 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Jun 21, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions