Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

James Herriot

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 11, 2012 12:04:05 AM PDT
Sam Hendrix says:
I just discovered All Creatures Great and Small, All Things Bright and Beautiful, and All Things Wise and Wonderful: Three James Herriot Classics are now available on the Kindle. If you have never read All Creatures Great and Small and the other fabulous books in this series, you are in for a real treat!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 3:08:28 AM PDT
Yes, but unfortunately another one of those "not available in Australia" things! :-( Actually I can live without those for the moment, but I do want a kindle edition of The Real James Herriot: A Memoir of My Father

If you saw the TV series you'll probably also enjoy the Audible editions of the books, which are read by Christopher Timothy, who played Herriot in the TV series.

Nice to find another Herriot fan :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 3:36:09 AM PDT
JJulieJ says:
Time to take an e-holiday CBP?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 5:16:28 AM PDT
I thought about it, Julie :-) But it's hard to justify spending on something I already have as a DTB when there are so many others on my wishlist.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 5:54:03 AM PDT
I read all of these as a middle-grade kid, several times over. :0) I haven't read them since, though. It may be time to do so!

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 6:07:21 AM PDT
Just Peachy says:
I started reading these in high school when I was very close to getting pneumonia and had to stay at home for a week. My mother bought me books to keep me from going stir-crazy.

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 8:31:13 AM PDT
quilt lover says:
I got this last year when it first came out on kindle, it has been nice re-reading for the (I don't know how many) time. When I am between books I can pick this up and read one or two chapters. Love it!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 9:09:01 AM PDT
My mother would read us the James Herriot books on long family car trips. Some very, very fond childhood memories, there!

I've added these to my wishlist. Thanks for pointing them out!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 9:22:24 AM PDT
rickh57 says:
That's how it is for me too, Quilt Lover. I have these books available for a re-read when I need a break from whatever other books I'm reading...

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 9:59:38 AM PDT
pjf says:
the kindle omnibus version of these books went on sale on black Friday for a very inexpensive price (3 or 4 dollars for all three together), so put it in your ereaderiq.com price drops list if you missed it then, as I've noticed that books that go on sale once often return in a new sale.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
putting thr Kindle on Whi Fi 12 1 minute ago
kindle wont open 0 3 minutes ago
Landscape view? 6 3 minutes ago
Donate your Kindle! 21 8 minutes ago
Free Books and Chat (FB&C)---May 2016 191 14 minutes ago
Music Not Working in Kindle Fire 37 17 minutes ago
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! We're Quirky And We're Not Going To Take It Anymore! 2016, You've Been Warned! So Geese And Tally Ho! 8093 20 minutes ago
85° and Sunny - A Perfect Day to RAOK! 4691 31 minutes ago
voyage vs paperwhite which is better? 44 36 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #5: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food 7561 57 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Jun 11, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions