Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

FREE Books and Chat - Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 284 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 16, 2012 1:00:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 16, 2012 3:59:55 AM PDT
Ketta says:
*** SPECIAL MESSAGE TO AUTHORS: You are welcome to join us for conversation, but please DO NOT SELF-PROMOTE or POST LINKS to your book. THANK YOU. ***

Good morning, all! This thread is inspired by "Princess" Joyce, presently on hiatus.

Our goal is to be compassionate, respectful and supportive of posters on this thread, while finding as many free books as can fit on a Kindle. Friendly chat about topics of the day is welcome.

We want you to feel comfortable here on the Free Books and Chat thread, so we have put together a page listing Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) regarding abbreviations, the Cloud Reader, and posting your selections as a hotlink. We hope you enjoy your time with us.

FAQ:
http://freebooksandchat.mamasylvia.com

Kinlib:
http://us.kinlib.com/new/55ec/ (252 books - updated 12:48 AM PDT)
http://us.kinlib.com/new/84a2/ (17 books - updated 2:13 am PDT)

EreaderIQ:
http://www.ereaderiq.com/free/ (419 books - updated 3:40 AM PDT)
http://www.ereaderiq.com/free/mn/ (Only books added since midnight of current day)

Posted on May 16, 2012 1:00:07 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 16, 2012 1:46:29 AM PDT
RandOR says:
Hi Ketta.

Randy

Link to yesterday's thread...
FREE Books and Chat - Tuesday, May 15, 2012
http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_tfp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdThread=Tx2731EZMCLJ9VQ

Just happened to catch 7 tonight. My lucky day.

I actually proofread your title tonight. One of my duties as Wing. Monday, I glanced at the title and didn't notice that it was incorrect. Oops. Our thread deletion practice paid off. If all the posts in a thread are deleted, the whole thread disappears.

Perfect 1:00:00. Way to go!

Even though you are EDT, your timestamp on the P1 post is 1:00, right?

Hi Dana. We were wondering about you. Nospin's calendar was unclaimed tonight.

Tail links are done.

eReader updated again at 12:58
http://www.ereaderiq.com/free/ (371 books - updated 12:58 am PDT)

and again at 1:40
http://www.ereaderiq.com/free/ (409 books - updated 1:40 am PDT)

Posted on May 16, 2012 1:00:15 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 16, 2012 1:22:55 AM PDT
Ketta says:
Randy, you taught me that 7 seconds is the magic number, LOL
Pressed the "start discussion" button at 3:59:53 and viola!

Yes, all discussion posts are timestamped PDT for me... so I'm constantly adding 3 hrs to find the "real" time, LOL.

Dana, I only took it because you weren't on the schedule and hadn't checked in... we all need that break sometimes, it's all good.

Posted on May 16, 2012 1:01:07 AM PDT
mebe says:
Thank You

Posted on May 16, 2012 1:05:05 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 16, 2012 1:17:38 AM PDT
Dana says:
So sorry I'm late for launch :( but, on a happy note, good morning Randy and Ketta!!

I've been playing Diablo 3, and other online games. Just taking a break from reality for a bit lol

It's kind of a good thing that I'm not launching tonight, because I'm watching my brother for my parents, and staying up til 8am, then sleeping til 3pm just wouldn't do. This way, I can get to bed soon, and get up with him in a few hours, and spend the day with him. He has down's syndrome. He's high functioning, and would be able to entertain himself while I slept, but, I'd feel really bad that I was supposed to be spending time with him, and I wasn't.

Posted on May 16, 2012 1:05:47 AM PDT
Good morning all - and congratulations on a perfect launch!

Posted on May 16, 2012 1:09:12 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 16, 2012 1:16:54 AM PDT
Ketta says:
Lots of yellow banners for me today!

However, did find a few:

Exiled: Autumn's Peril (The Chronicles of Caleath) Fantasy
Exiled and driven by guilt and vengeance, Caleath, adept in virtual reality games, finds himself on a world where magic rules. Assassins hunt him, ghosts haunt his nights, a sorcerer covets his knowledge and a beautiful hostage complicates his escape.
Washed ashore from the wreck of the Albatross, tortured in mind and body, Caleath uses his dreaded nanobots in order to survive and reluctantly befriends the young Gwilt Their search for the survey satellite, which could lead Caleath home, unveils the terrifying world of 'a dark soul, black magic and a bloody sword'.
On this perilous journey, an assassin destroys Caleath's healing nanobots, and exiles from his home planet follow his every move. He takes the beautiful Nasith, of the Ferran clan, hostage to keep the assassins at bay, but her presence endangers him more. A sorcerer forces Caleath to aid the Council of Mages when he discovers Caleath carries vital knowledge that could save the Sharyac people from the invading Tarack, a species of giant ants.

Freezer Burn Mystery
Peri Minneopa has heard her name mangled a thousand ways and hates them all. What she likes are clean houses, and dirty martinis.
She recently traded in her housecleaning business for a P.I. license. Her timing seems perfect, when she cleans a former client's freezer and finds a severed hand inside, wearing an expensive ring. The client, Benny Needles, is a Dean Martin fanatic who swears he's innocent. But where there's a hand, there's a body, waiting to be found.
It's a brand new world for Peri, and she has a lot to learn. Her first lesson is that investigating murder can be dangerous. Her boyfriend, Skip, a detective in the Placentia Police Department tries to warn Peri, but she can't stop sticking her nose into the middle of things. In the middle of trying to solve the case, Peri takes on a surveillance job and finds that even surveillance isn't always low risk.
As these two cases collide, will Peri learn the truth behind both of them? And more important, will she ever get that dirty martini?

DEATH IS THE COOL NIGHT Mystery
Murder, passion, music and war combine in this riveting story of a troubled pianist who doesn't know if he's a murderer...
EDGAR-NOMINATED AUTHOR LIBBY STERNBERG tells the brooding story of a classical pianist-turned-conductor who cannot remember the night his nemesis was murdered. Did he commit the crime-or did an enchanting soprano do it, a woman with whom he is falling in love? In the fall of 1941, as war creeps ever closer, his freedom and happiness depend on his ability to either identify the murderer or recall his own actions that night. With parallels to well-known operas, Death Is the Cool Night takes readers behind the scenes of a music conservatory and into the heart of some of the most beautiful compositions ever written for voice.

Posted on May 16, 2012 1:16:38 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 16, 2012 3:36:49 AM PDT
Books not free in Norway yet, so my "for later" list includes:
Twilight of the Gods (Norse mythology, worth a try)
Chinese Soup Made Easy (Chinese Homestyle Recipes) (depending on the review queens)
Loving the Norseman (The Hansen Series) (I tend to pick anything with a Norway link)
Stranded with a Scotsman (Lindisfarne is special to me)
THE CLASH OF THE BRIDESMAIDS (Big family wedding coming up)
There's no such thing as Werewolves (Demons Rising) (were is trigger word)
...and that's it for me from kinlib...
ETA Supersized to Superhealthy! Beat Childhood Obesity and Stop Your Kids Getting Fat. Healthy eating for children can be fun and easy! from the ereaderIQ daily e-mail.

Posted on May 16, 2012 1:25:35 AM PDT
Ketta says:
Hi mebe, glad you joined us early birds again.

NL, I'm so glad you're back with us, I took all but one of the books you listed, thank you!

Dana, see, there was a reason it all worked out. Have a great day with your brother.

Posted on May 16, 2012 1:32:55 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 16, 2012 3:04:08 AM PDT]

Posted on May 16, 2012 1:33:12 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 16, 2012 5:19:33 AM PDT]

Posted on May 16, 2012 1:33:40 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 16, 2012 5:19:45 AM PDT]

Posted on May 16, 2012 1:34:39 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 16, 2012 5:19:51 AM PDT]

Posted on May 16, 2012 1:40:43 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 16, 2012 5:19:59 AM PDT]

Posted on May 16, 2012 1:41:13 AM PDT
RandOR says:
~How to add a link for a free book~

Go to the book page. Under product description, copy the ASIN number. On your post, (in the post box), click the spot where you want the link. Click "insert a product link" button. On the pop-up window, paste the number into the right box. Click go button. Select kindle book. Edit in additional information, if you would like. -eta- There is a maximum of 10 links per post.

You are welcome to re-list any links that are already listed, sometimes it takes the third time seeing one, before deciding to 1-click a book!

Posted on May 16, 2012 2:00:37 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 16, 2012 5:20:26 AM PDT]

Posted on May 16, 2012 2:01:24 AM PDT
Grandma says:
Morning everyone! Sounds like the rain has finally stopped here.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 2:09:22 AM PDT
Once you have opened the cloud reader in a different browser than IE it also works in IE for some reason - it is added to your one-click choices (and thank you, Amazon, for that!)

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 2:22:28 AM PDT
Ketta says:
Kelly, the explanation about the Cloud and the Cloud Reader on the FAQ is correct.

Maybe you need to review it, it does say that IE is not a supported browser UNTIL you first "install" it with a supported browser, which is what you did when you switched to Chrome. It very clearly explains in the FAQ that you need to do that step "just once" and then you can go back to IE and have it as a one-click option.

Posted on May 16, 2012 2:26:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 16, 2012 2:27:59 AM PDT
Ketta says:
Feel free to cross-post your picks in the Links Only thread. It's very simple to do, follow these easy-peasy instructions...

To keep your product links:
* Go to your post in this thread.
* Click on 'Edit this post'. (on the right side, bottom)
* Copy+all the contents in the blue 'edit post' box.
* Click the 'cancel' button at the bottom (to cancel the edit).
* Go to the Links thead and paste into a new 'Add your message' blue box.

(Your new post will include the product links from your original post.)

Here is the link to the continuing 2012 Links-Only thread:
http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_tfp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdThread=Tx1GIUCK9KO6B52

Posted on May 16, 2012 2:38:12 AM PDT
Tyger0902 says:
Here are my choices for today so far.

Eden
Eve knew the stories of the Fall, of a time before she wandered into the colony of Eden, unable to recall anything but her name. She's seen the aftermath of the technology that infused human DNA with cybernetic matter, able to grow new organs and limbs, how it evolved out of control. The machine took over and the soul vanished. A world quickly losing its humanity isn't just a story to her though. At eighteen, this world is Eve's reality.

In their Fallen world, love feels like a selfish luxury, but not understanding what it is makes it difficult to choose between West, who makes her feel alive but keeps too many secrets, and Avian, who has always been there for her, but is seven years her senior.

The technology wants to spread and it won't stop until there is no new flesh to assimilate. With only two percent of the human population left, mankind is on the brink of extinction. While fighting to keep Eden alive, Eve will discover that being human is about what you will do for those you love, not what your insides may be made of. And even if it gets you killed, love is always what separates them from the Fallen.

Sins of the Father (Ghosts II)- part 1 was free a few weeks ago
Beth Keneally is out for revenge. Her father hacked her to death with an axe and now seems determined to kill her little sister as well. For Beth, this means only one thing. She has to learn how to manifest as a physical presence and make sure her father pays for what he did to her.

Meanwhile there's a mysterious figure lurking on the edge of town, a mythical 'Red Man' who strikes fear into the heart of the entire town. As Beth and Kal investigate this 'Red Man', they discover that all the dark secrets they uncover lead back to one man: Lucas Everard.

Sins of the Father (Ghosts II) is the second volume in the Ghosts series. Each book is approximately 20,000 words, and readers are advised to read them in order, starting with the first book. Contains swearing, violence and mild sexual references.

Toby Streams the Universe
Toby Hay is a psychic living in New York City, supporting his screwed-up family using his visions to play the stock market. He also helps his private investigator best-friend with the occasional case--all while trying not to read the future of every person he meets. Such as Toby's new neighbor, a beautiful painter hiding from her violent Ex. Or Toby's psychic, sex-pot, sister, scared of her own future. Or his quirky virtual-assistant, struggling to care for her sick child. Toby wants to help them all, but his super-psychic father trained him not to interfere, lest he lose his own sanity in the process. Toby's father knew everything--he must have had good reasons for his rules. Of course, he vanished nearly a year ago...

Then a voice speaks in Toby's mind, offering a path away from the dark future predicted by the Family Histories--if only Toby will challenge what his father taught him and learn to use his visions, rather than merely control them. Now Toby must find his father, uncover the identity of the voice, and save his friends from their futures, all while figuring out how to live inside his own, increasingly strange mind.

Seeds of Discovery (Dusk Gate Chronicles - Book One)
Nobody at Bristlecone High School has ever paid attention to William Rose. Since the day he arrived in the small, mountain town years ago, he's blended into the background.

Quinn Robbins never noticed William at all, until the icy Friday night he suddenly appeared directly in the path of her car, and just as suddenly vanished. After that, she found herself noticing him constantly, seeing for the first time just how different he was.

First were the books he always had his nose buried in. Why would a senior in high school always be reading medical journals? Then there were his habitual appearances down by the river every Friday night, just like the night she almost hit him - not to mention his odd habit of disappearing there, with no place and no reason to hide!

Overtaken by a sense of curiosity that she just can't seem to shake, Quinn finds herself trying to figure out exactly what is going on with him. When he starts to show up in her dreams, she can't decide if her curiosity has become too much of an obsession ... or if there is something ... more.

Finally it becomes clear that the answers she seeks might only come from finding out what is happening at the river. But on the night Quinn decides to follow him, her very new mystery draws her fatefully to a very old mystery. To a discovery she thought could only exist in a fairy tale.

Uh oh, Quinn. 1st Period History will never be the same!

In the Dusk Gate Chronicles, you'll meet characters who find their way straight into your heart, on a journey you'll long to join. Join readers everywhere as you fall in love with the Dusk Gate Chronicles

Posted on May 16, 2012 2:46:53 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 16, 2012 5:21:08 AM PDT]

Posted on May 16, 2012 2:57:55 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 16, 2012 3:25:05 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 3:02:04 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 16, 2012 5:21:35 AM PDT]

Posted on May 16, 2012 3:03:26 AM PDT
Good morning all,

Freezer Burn. Mystery

DEATH IS THE COOL NIGHT. Mystery

LOST TO THE WORLD. Mystery

Implosion. Mystery

THE CLASH OF THE BRIDESMAIDS. Romance
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Garbled book on Kindle paperwhite 10 20 seconds ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion IV 6520 1 minute ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #5: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food 5958 5 minutes ago
RAOK, welcome to the wonderful world of RAOK 6944 5 minutes ago
Kindle will not charge, will not see update. 0 24 minutes ago
FREE Books & Chat - February 2016 325 50 minutes ago
February 2016, Informal Poll, what are you reading 101 50 minutes ago
SCAM ALERT 118 1 hour ago
New e-reader OS being released this month. Some interesting changes.. 68 1 hour ago
FB&C Book Discussion - The Criers Club - February 11, 2016 47 1 hour ago
my music wont play on my kindle fire 27 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  69
Total posts:  284
Initial post:  May 16, 2012
Latest post:  May 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions