Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

None of my applications will run

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 39 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 7, 2012 7:26:43 PM PST
B. Doherty says:
every time that i try to open an app on my kindle fire, i get the message "an error occured. please download this app again from the Amazon Appstore" but when i go to the app store it won't load any applications to download and you can't find any apps by searching the appstore. i've checked multiple times and im connected to the internet and that still works but i can't get to the appstore or load my apps. does anyone know what might be wrong with my kindle fire and how to fix it?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2012 7:38:32 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Try rebooting your Fire.

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 7:39:16 PM PST
Beth Sexton says:
Have you tried restarting by holding the power button down for 30 sec.?

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 7:56:34 PM PST
Joan Long says:
Hi B. Doherty,

Did these apps come from Amazon? If so, then go to your Manage Your Kindle page -- on the left side, there is a selection Manage Your Apps. Find one and try to download it again. You can reach your Manage Your Kindle page from any Amazon page by scrolling down to the bottom selections.

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 7:48:38 AM PST
In what country are you? Apps can only be downloaded from the US.

Posted on Feb 23, 2012 7:51:56 PM PST
L. newlin says:
I'm having the same problem. Have u come up with a solution to the problem?

Posted on May 27, 2012 1:45:35 AM PDT
Haylee says:
I have the same problem. Also, when I open the internet a message pops up saying "Stop loading" or "Ignoring warning and continue loading". I charged my kindle fire with my phone charger because i left the real charger at a friends house. I'm afraid that's why it's messed up.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012 3:23:10 PM PDT
paige says:
Did you ever find a way to fix it? Mine is doing it now

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 7:07:37 AM PDT
Anna says:
Haylee I'm having the same issue and o ly have charged mine with correct charger

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 8:11:58 AM PDT
Charlie Fox says:
Have you re-booted the Fire? That's always the first thing to try. As Beth indicated above.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 6:22:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 17, 2012 6:23:17 PM PDT
Anna says:
I got the errors and then shut it down for 3 days... still have issues when I open them, and I get the security issues when I open web

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 6:31:07 PM PDT
Anna, check the time and date on your Fire.

Tap the settings gear at the top, tap More, tap Date & Time. Make sure that it set to the correct time and date.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 6:37:15 PM PDT
Anna says:
Thanks! the date was set to Jan 10, 2000.... I changed it, and the apps work, but it keeps locking up. How does the date change on it's own????

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 6:43:19 PM PDT
Honestly, I don't know how or why it changes on it's own. I just know that when it does, it causes a whole heap of trouble.

You may want to contact Customer Service since it is still locking up.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 6:55:03 PM PDT
Anna says:
Thanks a ton for your help! I was chatting with Amazon support when I was notified of your post. The man I was speaking to "was investigating"... after 20 minutes of "chatting" no solution. I shared your findings with him!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 6:56:31 PM PDT
Anna says:
Paige.. just in case you aren't following the discussion.. Check the date and time.. that fixed it for me

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 7:06:59 PM PDT
You are very welcome.

Two things to always check/do when your Fire is acting up, look at the time and perform a reboot. (with it unplugged, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds, then turn it back on)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2012 11:18:13 PM PDT
Marlyn says:
Me to, I am having all of these problems like the Internet problems and app problems, it is horrible.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2012 11:35:55 PM PDT
Well then, read the responses in this discussion. There are several fixes suggested, including rebooting your Fire and checking to make sure the date and time are set correctly.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2012 6:31:04 AM PDT
r samar says:
What is reboot?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2012 6:35:59 AM PDT
Previous post describes how to do a reboot -

Chew&DigestBooks says:

You are very welcome.

Two things to always check/do when your Fire is acting up, look at the time and perform a reboot. (with it unplugged, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds, then turn it back on)

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 7:17:51 PM PDT
sbogue says:
Set the time and date it fixes all the problems

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 5:26:35 PM PST
R. Brugge says:
Wow! Thank you everyone. I was Google-ing this SAME problem. After reading this the problem was solved. Thanks!

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 7:07:54 AM PST
Mine was doing the same thing, the "security" error kept coming up, telling me to stop loading or ignore. Sure enough my time was wrong!

I set the time correctly, and it seems to have worked!

I also had used a cell charger right before this happened. Wonder if that could have done something?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2013 5:36:20 AM PST
Brilliant! This did the trick! Thanks sooo much!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Now Live - Join the Kindle Discussion Session
1368 3 minutes ago
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
86th RAoK - Let the Games Begin 2133 5 minutes ago
How long does the Fire battery last? 25 10 minutes ago
July 2016 Informal Poll -- What are you reading? 141 23 minutes ago
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 3862 33 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks III 9749 38 minutes ago
FREE Books and Chat - July 2016 600 39 minutes ago
Echo Music Shuffle Broken 49 51 minutes ago
BROKEN Immersion Reading Broken For Some Books - Kindle, Book & Audible book 16 1 hour ago
silk browser keeps crashing on fire hd 8.9 362 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  32
Total posts:  39
Initial post:  Feb 7, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 29, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions