Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Buying a book after reading a sample

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 1, 2012 11:29:18 AM PDT
R. ALLEN says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2012 11:34:36 AM PDT
**Meya** says:
At the end of the Sample is a link to "Buy this book."

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2012 11:35:51 AM PDT
Open the sample. Press Menu. Click (Buy this book is the default choice). How much easier can it be?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2012 11:36:18 AM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
That's too simple ...

Posted on Apr 1, 2012 11:45:02 AM PDT
R. ALLEN says:
Sorry, I did try the menu, didn't see anything like that. And since I decided before I finished the sample that I wanted to buy it, I didn't get to the end. And I wanted to download the book before I left for the gym (where I don't get wifi).

Sorry for the dumb question.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2012 11:50:12 AM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
It's not a dumb question. We just like to mess with people. Stick around and have fun.

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 5:39:06 AM PDT
Julie Mooney says:
Same here..no option to 'buy full book' on my menu list. There is a link at the end but it is 'currently not supported'

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2012 6:08:10 AM PDT
Don't take it hard. The thickness of one's skin is probed around here, first thing. :0)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2012 6:08:40 AM PDT
What book, please, and I'll try it and see what happens...

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2012 6:39:57 AM PDT
Are you trying to buy from an iSomething? You can't make any in-app purchases (in the Kindle store) from iStuff. You need to access the Kindle store using the browser, and you can purchase from there.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2012 6:42:09 AM PDT
King Al says:
Sounds like you are using an iPod Touch/iPhone/iPad. If that is the case, Apple made Amazon either pay them 30% of every sale (which is what Amazon makes on many ebooks) or remove that function. Amazon chose to remove that function.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 11:46:35 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 11:49:34 AM PDT
quilt lover says:
You can return it if you are within the 7 days of the itchy thumb. BTW, it isn't Amazon that defaults to the first page rather than the cover. That is a choice of the individual publisher.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 11:49:43 AM PDT
If it has been less than 7 days you can return the book for a refund.

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 11:50:55 AM PDT
You can always return the book for a refund. Within 7 days of purchase. Go to Manage Your Kindle page, and select the appropriate option.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 11:57:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 11, 2012 12:01:58 PM PDT
Uh...disregard previous "duh" moment. I'm testing this, myself.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 11:58:55 AM PDT
Regarding your obsession to start at the cover, check this out. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder For Dummies

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 12:00:46 PM PDT
They will go to the end but it's easy to get there. Just type the page number you want to go to. Then click the center of the 5 way controller.

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 12:01:13 PM PDT
Folina, if you are sorted by "Most Recent First", they should be at the top of the list. Perhaps they didn't actually come through, or perhaps you already had those samples on the Kindle? If you type in 37, it should go to page 37 of the Home Page. You have to type it in fairly quickly, at least on my K1. I believe that this still works on the KK.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 12:02:30 PM PDT
I've had samples sort just like everything else...by Most Recent after my collections.

Have you tried sorting by Author or Title? And then looking to see if either was sorted by author first name rather than by author last name?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 12:02:34 PM PDT
quilt lover says:
Folina if you have a bunch of collections the sample will be sent to end of your collections list. You don't need to scroll through 37 pages, if you know you have 4 pages of collections just go to page 4 (or 37 or whatever).

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 12:02:44 PM PDT
Yep, yep. I got it. Brain fart. Now to test the cover-buy thing...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 12:06:35 PM PDT
Ahhhh. Yep. Sure enough. If you're ALREADY INTO a page of the sample, you get the usual "Go To" menu choices, including Cover. *BUT* if you click menu on the FIRST page of the Sample, yes. You're already on "Buy".

The answer would be to click at least 1 page into the sample before clicking Menu. Or, simply looking before clicking.

But I'm not surprised about this at all. Amazon IS, after all, a STORE.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 12:08:47 PM PDT
"Amazon IS, after all, a STORE."

It never fails to amaze me how often people manage to disregard that simple fact.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 12:10:26 PM PDT
Agreed. And I find it neither "devious", nor a "trick".
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  26
Initial post:  Apr 1, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions