Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Constant rebooting

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 24, 2012 1:57:46 AM PDT
GreyDay says:
I encountered the dreaded constnt rebooting problem yesterday. I only have ~850 combined archive/loaded ebooks so I wasn't near the problem number of a couple thousand. I removed the 4 books I added that day and the problem stopped. I'll re-add one at a time to try and find the problem book if it was one of them causing the problem.

Adding one book at a time might be the best way to find and or prevent this problem at least until you simply have too many

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012 3:00:35 AM PDT
Which Kindle do you have? How old is it? Is it in a case?

Posted on May 24, 2012 3:18:33 AM PDT
Fud53 says:
That could be the problem or it could be that the book or books responsible have been improperly coded for the kindle. That is a definite problem when a person downloads from a website that provides books free of charge.

Posted on May 24, 2012 5:04:58 AM PDT
GreyDay says:
It is the Kindle Keyboard and about 2 years old. No case. No problem since removing the last 4 books. All were from Amazon. One might just need to be redownloaded if I can identify the problem book. I also did the reboot where you hold the power button for 30 seconds so I'm not completely sure wether removing the books or doing the reboot fixed the problem. If the problem contimued I was thinking of running off to Best Buy and getting another kindle right away. I panicked at the thought of being without even for the time to have Amazon deliver one. Maybe I need a spare just in case. Pathetic to be so dependent.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  May 24, 2012
Latest post:  May 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions