Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Fire Sound

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 18, 2012 11:57:54 AM PST
I have a difficult time watching movies on Netflix because the sound is so low on my Kindle Fire. I called customer support and was told that Amazon is aware of the problem and is working on it, but there is no date as to when an update will be provided to correct the problem. Really Amazon?? Are you too busy building the Kindle Fire 2 to care about those of us who purchased a device made specifically for watching movies?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 12:06:34 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Use headphones or get some external speakers. Sorry that Amazon did not snap to attention and drop everything for you....

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 1:49:53 PM PST
For me? I think the problem should be corrected for everyone who purchased a Kindle Fire.

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 2:09:17 PM PST
Winkinod says:
Sharon, this small iHome speaker adds a lot to your movie watching experience. Great sound for their size.

iHome iHM60LT Rechargeable Mini Speaker (Blue Translucent)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 3:30:07 PM PST
How long is the cord?

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 3:49:34 PM PST
Shoebox says:
Why not just some earbuds or headphones? Cheaper.

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 4:30:34 PM PST
Winkinod says:
Sharon, the speaker cord is about 2-1/2 ft long.

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 4:35:04 PM PST
D. Sparks says:
Is this is a Netflix issue or a Fire issue? If you watch some form of video on your Fire that isn't from Netflix (YouTube?) how is the volume?

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 4:37:09 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 18, 2012 4:38:49 PM PST]

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 5:09:01 PM PST
That's perfect. Thank you!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 6:01:26 PM PST
It appears to be a Netflix issue, yet Amazon acknowledges the issue and says that they are working on it. So does that mean it's a Netflix or Amazon problem??

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 8:29:54 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 19, 2012 8:30:58 PM PDT
wonnita says:
how do i get netflix to work on my kindle fire

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 9:36:01 PM PDT
Dawn says:
Wonnita -are you using the netflix APP?

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 10:13:27 PM PDT
Sue says:
I watch a lot of movies on Netflix and some of the movies the volume is fine and some movies the volume is lower. An example is the movie The Others the volume is very low. It is even low on my TV. I use headphones on the movies that the volume is lower.

I do not think it is a Netflix or Amazon problem. I think it is a problem with the movie and how the sound was recorded.

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 6:29:32 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 20, 2012 6:32:18 AM PDT
And the screen. Who wants to watch a movie on a tiny little screen. And, popcorn. there are no provisions for popcorn. Who wants to watch a movie with no popcorn.

I suspect with the nature of Fire customers becomming apparent, Amazon might regret ever making the Fire.

1. Can I use my Fire on the beach in bright sunshine?
2. Why can't I use my Fire on the beach in bright sunshine?
3. Will there be a Fire2 which I will be able to use on the beach in bright sunshine?
4. When will the Fire2 be available?
And the all time favorite:
5. When can I buy a Fire in Zimbabwe, Kurdistan, Belize, or Laos?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012 6:36:15 AM PDT
3) Yes. It will be called the Bonfire.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012 8:08:43 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 20, 2012 4:24:38 PM PDT
R. D. Clark says:
These are personal media devices. Whether it's a Fire, an iPod Touch, or something else, such things are designed primarily to be used with headphones (and most of them come with headphones; that the Fire doesn't is IMO simply a product of its pricing). Their speakers will never serve more than one person with average hearing in a quiet room. And even then, the recorded level of different media varies. Movies have a wider dynamic range than, say pop music - which means the quiet parts are quieter, which usually means the dialogue.

There has been a great proliferation of small speakers in the marketplace, personal speakers and Bluetooth speakers, augmenting the existing vast array of computer speakers already out there. Other than the Bluetooth-only ones, they will all work with the Fire.

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 2:49:01 PM PDT
I just bought this external speaker:

Monster ClarityHD Bluetooth Wireless Speaker (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

(It was only $50 when i bought it last week. The price seems to fluctuate a lot.)

It's Bluetooth, but you can use a cable to the KF's headphone jack. It also works great with my Toshiba Thrive and is not too big to carry when I travel.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Feb 18, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions