Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Question about kindle...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 13, 2012 10:13:30 AM PDT
So, my kindle froze on me this past week, idk why, and of course it is out of warranty. Can I get the books that i have purchased off of it so i can continue reading them? or am I S.O.L.?
Your reply to Stephanie Butler's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 10:15:15 AM PDT
Books you've bought from Amazon belong to your Amazon account, not the device. You can throw your Kindle in a volcano, and the books are safe and sound in your Archives under the "Your Account" link on the upper right of this page..

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 10:16:36 AM PDT
Did you try rebooting your Kindle? Hold the power button for 30 seconds, set it down and wait a few minutes.

You should always include which Kindle you have when you post with a question.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 10:16:45 AM PDT
Cassie Anne says:
Your books belong to the account, not to the device, so they can be read by any device or app registered to the account.

And contact Kindle CS about your Kindle. They've been known to offer significant discounts on refurbished models to people whose out-of-warranty Kindles stop working.

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 10:23:54 AM PDT
alright thanks for your help everyone, I have the kindle keyboard, and was on the phone with customer service for awhile yesterday but nothing i was instructed to do helped. I'm gonna miss my kindle :(

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 10:30:04 AM PDT
You have several options - buy a new Kindle, buy a re-furbished Kindle or download the Kindle app for your computer or smartphone. Those aren't as good as reading from a real Kindle, but at least you can access the books on the account that way.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Mar 13, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 13, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions