Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Card reader on Kindle Fire?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 10, 2011 8:04:40 PM PST
I'm a photographer and I want to know if the KF has a built-in media card reader so that I can view my photos on it. I want to be able to remove the card from the camera and insert it in the KF in order to show clients on scene. I'm pretty sure I can do that with an iPad 2, but the cost is directing me toward the Kindle Fire. Please help with answers. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011 8:06:36 PM PST
Does the product page make any reference to any card reader? If it's not in the product description, it's not on the Fire.

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 8:16:18 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2011 8:18:05 PM PST
PS56k says:
NO - Did it mention that ANYWHERE on the product page ?

it doesn't have a physical card reader, and if it did... how were you going to navigate to read the card - a File Manager - is there one ?

"pretty sure on the iPad2" - - it's an external connection kit -

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2011 3:24:13 AM PST
You take photographs but don't read. Of course, then I'd need an app for converting my raw files to JPEG so I could view them.

Posted on May 8, 2012 10:46:38 AM PDT
Jack says:
Hi there. I'm wondering if I can couple my Nikon D40X directly to my Kindle Fire for quick review of pictures taken. I'm thinking of using a USB mini B 5-pin male cable wired straight through. What do you think?

Thanks,

Jack

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 10:49:36 AM PDT
Jack, that won't work, the Fire cannot host any other device.
Your reply to Chew&DigestBooks's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on May 8, 2012 10:57:21 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 8, 2012 10:57:53 AM PDT
T. Cook says:
If you buy an EyeFi SD card for your camera, you can download the app and install it on your Fire and connect your Fire to your camera wirelessly that way.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 2:29:33 PM PDT
Jack says:
Thanks for your replies, T. & Chew. Being a gadget freak, I also have an Ipad that I hardly ever use. And although I find the KF easier to tote around, I guess the Ipad is better suited for digital photos.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 2:36:53 PM PDT
T. Cook says:
Yeah, being a gadget freak, I'm not actually tempted by any tablets yet... I have a netbook that I plan to use in Hawaii to unload my photos onto nightly, but tablets don't tempt me...

Posted on May 8, 2012 2:44:47 PM PDT
I don't know why I would want a 10in tablet, anyway. If I needed something that large for productivity I'd go with an ultrabook. The KF size is perfect for reading in bed.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Nov 10, 2011
Latest post:  May 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions