Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Time Warner Cable App for Kindle Fire

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 79 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 16, 2012 7:48:36 AM PST
Is there any way to get this app for Kindle Fire? Can I sideload it somehow? If so, could you give me a link?

Posted on Jan 16, 2012 8:21:14 AM PST
Ernie says:
Do they have an Android app? I don't think so.
iPad only.

Posted on Jan 20, 2012 4:18:31 PM PST
Darn!

Posted on Jan 20, 2012 4:36:15 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 20, 2012 4:36:39 PM PST
Which app are you talking about? I have the TWC TV app on my Android smartphone, which allows me to control my DVR remotely. But I don't think it is the app that allows you to watch shows.

Posted on Jan 24, 2012 4:54:01 AM PST
Any TWC app.

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 10:39:19 AM PST
Christina F. says:
TWC Tv app is available for Android and no longer just on Ipad. Can someone provide a link to the .apk file?

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 12:02:30 PM PST
Yes, that would be very helpful!

Posted on Feb 12, 2012 8:46:37 PM PST
Has anyone found a place to get the .apk?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2012 2:19:59 PM PST
Download the Astro file manager from the app store on your phone. Use it to back up the twc .apk file. Copy that file to your PC and you can side load it to the kindle fire. Works like a charm on mine (no jailbreak)

Posted on May 20, 2012 3:38:39 PM PDT
dovg says:
Bummer

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 4:23:44 PM PDT
L. Hughes says:
Sideload it to where? I backed it up and have the file, but have no idea where to put it.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2012 8:05:04 PM PDT
I tried that on mine and it loaded perfectly. I signed in and it tells me that you need Android 4.0 to stream...is there a workaround that you know of? I can do everything in the app except watch live tv.

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 5:59:55 PM PDT
Cindy G. says:
So, what version of Android do we have on the fire? Any chance of getting it updated? I have the same issue on my phone - no live tv, and would like to be able to watch on the Fire.

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 5:50:10 AM PST
The android version that we have on the Kindle Fire is running android 2.3.4. It is possible to run android 4.0 or higher on the Kindle Fire but you won't be able to watch amazon video, read newspapers, or read your docs. To run a higher android version on the Fire you must root the device and install twrp. The TWC Tv will not work on rooted devices so on the Play Store you download an app called OTA Rootkeeper.
http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?v=mwMHIkX20YI
http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?v=QAI3PfiCu1w

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 11:16:14 AM PST
what if you dont have a smartphone?

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 6:44:32 AM PDT
jeffk56 says:
I installed the apk of the Time Warner app from this page and it works.... earlier versions of the apk will install but TWC is forcing an upgrade which requires Google Play and ....blah blah blah ...Kindle Fire users know the apk install drill. So get it here instead I have a Kindle Fire 2 purchased in Dec 2012.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2176334

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 8:27:56 PM PDT
Hub says:
"TWC is forcing an upgrade which requires Google Play"
I can understand why Amazon might want you to not watch cable on a kindle, since you could be spending money on amazon... But, why would TWC care if you are using the service you are paying for on a kindle vs a nexus or some other device?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 9:11:04 PM PDT
Who knows... Directv did the same thing with their app.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 9:35:30 PM PDT
jeffk56 says:
Don't read too much into the words "forced an upgrade". 98% of the APK versions of the TWC app i found available on Android apk sites were too old to run so TWC wont let old versions of the app run on their network and are "requiring an upgrade" ( better terminology ). There are no other ulterior motives by TWC or Amazon AFAICT.

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 4:33:10 AM PDT
Bill says:
So I guess the question or issue is, how do we get amazon and time warner to talk. I remember how long it took to get HBO go. I would suggest that we continue to express our displeasure about the inability of the two to talk.I have noticed that with other apps available for kindle, time warner cable permission is always absent. Comcast and many other providers don't seem to have this problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 2:15:02 PM PDT
Hub says:
Hi -
I side loaded the app and it works on the KF HD. Problem is now that it only works at home on the TW WIFI. Have tried almost every Android VPN APP and none of them will work with my ASUS RT-N66U. Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 7 phone, IPHONE and MAC all can VPN into network without issues. I love a challange but, this is wearing me down - LOL
Mitch

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 6:56:44 PM PDT
Hub says:
At least this VPN APP tells you up front:

FREE VPN for your Android Device!* Unlimited Bandwidth!
Save money on your data plan. Access blocked sites. Privacy and Security. Most popular VPN with 100 million downloads worldwide.
- Supports Android 2.x/4.x OS
- No support for Android 3.x
- No support for Amazon Kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 10:42:03 PM PDT
jenny4gz says:
haha I tried that add well but the instructions here: forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2176334 will allow you to watch tv ANYWHERE lol, it's super easy hehe

Posted on Mar 23, 2013 8:05:56 AM PDT
Hub says:
I think this is a newer version http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=38754265
To watch outside of the home network:
1.Install a proxy server on a machine inside your network (a computer that can play live tv from twctv.com successfully)
*I use wingate FREE edition
*Make sure you configure your router to forward traffic on that port to your machine
*as a side note, make sure you assign a static IP on your local machine so your router doesn't get confused
*also make sure you go to whatsmyip.org and get your external IP address (as you'll need this for the android side)
2.Install an app from the android market called "Auto Proxy (ROOT)"
3.Configure Auto Proxy to connect to your machine... here you will enter the IP you got earlier from your home machine and the port you chose when you configured wingate...
4.Now activate AutoProxy and all traffic will be routed through your home computer (all apps, etc...) meaning when you use the timewarner app it will think you're inside your home network!!
*Make sure you turn it off once you're done watching TV, otherwise you will be consuming all of your upload bandwidth and also slow down your speeds since it has to go through the proxy...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2013 10:02:08 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 24, 2013 10:17:37 AM PDT
Hub says:
Does ANYONE know of an app that will WORK on a KFHD which will allow it to connect PPTP to an Asus RTN-66U ?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Now Live - Join the Kindle Discussion Session
1385 59 minutes ago
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
86th RAoK - Let the Games Begin 2148 4 minutes ago
Audio purchase connected to unlimited 1 8 minutes ago
MSDS for Kindle Fire Battery 11 10 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #5: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food 9348 11 minutes ago
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 3923 26 minutes ago
Al's Place 36 Degrees of Separation 2390 33 minutes ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion IV 7964 36 minutes ago
Amazon Echo Suggestion 36 1 hour ago
Remove the Goodreads Button 40 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  43
Total posts:  79
Initial post:  Jan 16, 2012
Latest post:  May 6, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 34 customers

Search Customer Discussions