Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Wallpapers for Kindle Fire

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 14, 2012 3:05:37 PM PDT
angelbear says:
I've come upon a lot of really neat wallpapers, but they won't load on my KF.. is there a reason for this and if so what is it and where can I find wallpaper that will load on my KF. I have a couple but am getting bored with them so would like to change it up a bit. The message I'm getting is something about they may not be compatible with my device yet it tells me I've purchased it. Fortunately they all been free, but if I've purchased them and they aren't on my KF where are they and how can I get them on my KF??
Thanks in advance! :)

Posted on May 14, 2012 6:00:19 PM PDT
iDRMRSR says:
You can't change the wallpaper without rooting the device or installing a third party application like this one: http://kindlecooltricks.wordpress.com/2012/02/01/change-kindle-fire-wallpaper-without-rooting/

Rooting is certain to work but if you're not a devoted geek, you could break the thing. The 3rd party app sort of works, especially if you go out and look for the GO Launcher EX app, which replaces the stupid carousel with something that looks more like a desktop or Android phone.

I have GO Launcher EX and the wallpaper switcher app and I have it selecting from a library of my own pictures randomly. Only, it seems to always pick the same stinking 4 or 5 pictures over and over.

http://www.goforandroid.com/GDTEn/soft.aspx?softid=13

Posted on May 14, 2012 6:02:30 PM PDT
this is just a question, not a criticism of your opinion. Why do you need a wallpaper when you can't see it when you are using the Fire and it goes to sleep once you stop using it? A lot of people are saying how they want custom wallpapers, but I just don't see it as a big deal.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 6:18:25 PM PDT
angelbear says:
I have set the wallpaper so it stays on constantly, that way if I'm listening to music or in one instance I have a collection of birdsong recordings, I turn on the wallpaper and the Kindle doesn't go dark.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 6:21:42 PM PDT
angelbear says:
Ok..thanks for the info!

Posted on May 14, 2012 6:26:23 PM PDT
angelbear says:
My bad.. I should have said screen savers not wallpapers..duh!! My apologies!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  May 14, 2012
Latest post:  May 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions