Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Comcast tv & Fire

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 10, 2012 6:32:54 AM PDT
Momma Smurf says:
Is it possible to get Comcast Tv programs on the Fire? Assuming you have an internet connection and a Comcast account.

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 7:41:13 AM PDT
emily swan says:
Yes. Go to 1Mobile and install the Xfinity Player. Once you sign in with your comcast acct., all the channels you're paying for come up and you can watch them, including old shows that are no longer on.

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 11:35:01 AM PDT
Charlie Fox says:
I just figured this one out yesterday, and was pleasantly surprised to find a lot of older series that you have to pay for on Amazon are free through Xfinity. Really a great thing!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012 12:52:32 PM PDT
R. D. Clark says:
They're not free on Xfinity. You just paid in advance, $50/month or more.

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 1:15:48 PM PDT
emily swan says:
And it wouldn't cost anything to watch them on Amazon?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012 2:55:31 PM PDT
R. D. Clark says:
I say the same to people who refer to anything about Prime as being "free." $79 per year is not "free," particularly the shipping. Prime does not include "free shipping."

(But it is a great deal, I've been a member for years.)

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 7:56:21 PM PDT
Momma Smurf says:
Ok, now I'm confused. I got the app from mobile1 and installed it. But when I tried to access the app it seemed to control the tv others in the house were watching. Like I had a fancy remote control. I don't think that's what I had in mind.

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 8:01:36 AM PDT
emily swan says:
I don't understand that Momma Smurf. I've had it installed for about a week and my son watched The Borgias on it while I watched something else on my tv. Perhaps you didn't install the same thing I did. It's called "Xfinity Player". If you are a customer of Xfinity (comcast), once you sign in and it recognizes you, the channels you're paying for are listed and the programs you can watch. It doesn't affect your tv at all and I have the high fi box and all the premium channels and the rest of the house has digital boxes from comcast. It's at 1mobile. There's a lot to download there and it's possible you got the wrong app or did something different then me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 8:17:41 AM PDT
R. D. Clark says:
If it's anything like the iPad version, there are categories, including "Play Now" (which you can play on your device), and "On Demand," which controls the On Demand feature of your cable box. I'm guessing you had it set to the latter.

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 8:21:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 11, 2012 8:28:30 AM PDT
G. McNeil says:
Look at the new one called "xfinity Connect 4.0.? and XFINITY™ TV Player 1.0.0.002

ETA - TV Player

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 8:26:48 PM PDT
Momma Smurf says:
I did it!!! Thanks for all your help! That's awesome!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Jun 10, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions