Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

8GB Cloud Storage with New Kindle?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 31, 2012 4:20:15 PM PDT
HDO Shaw says:
When I bought my Kindle (July 2012) I was told it came with 8GB of cloud storage. How do I get this? I assumed registering the Kindle would have bumped it from the 5 I had as a Prime member to 8. Do I need to do something else?
Your reply to HDO Shaw's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 5:01:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 31, 2012 5:01:28 PM PDT
Bufo Calvin says:
Holy, I don't believe there's ever been a tie between owning a Kindle and 8GBs of cloud storage.

Cloud storage, for items bought from Amazon, is unlimited.

The 5GBs of cloud storage you have isn't related to Prime...everybody with an Amazon account gets 5GB free.

If what you bought is a Kindle Fire, the 8GBs that you read about are probably the storage on the device...that's 8GB.

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 6:18:26 AM PDT
HDO Shaw says:
I went back to BestBuy (where I bought my Kindle) and it seems they got the details wrong on their signage. They had both 8GB device storage AND 8GB cloud storage listed as features. Oops. I told customer service about it but I doubt they're going to run around and change the signs. Anyway, mystery solved! Thanks for your reply.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jul 31, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 1, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions