Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

SO disappointed with New Kindle Fire HD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 10, 2012 2:25:56 PM PST
I purchased the KFHD for my daughter as a gift. Must say it was very easy to set up initailly. But after closing it I could not receive emails. And after 5hrs. (total) of customer service walking me through the steps of it trying to received email, 2 new units in the mail, called internet/email provider to confirm their settings, I am still unable to get emails. I am so disappointed, I really wanted this product to work. It has such nice features. The second unit started popping and the light dimmed dimmer/brighter a few times. Looks like I am getting Apple Mini instead. Must say the customer service personel are great and Amazon is a great company. Just very disappointed in the product....sad...very sad...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 2:31:22 PM PST
B. Marks says:
I've had great results with my Fire HD. Everything has worked perfectly so far.

Have you tried getting some help from someone who's right there and can look at it and help you figure out what's going on?

I'm sure not against the Ipad Mini but the Fire HD is so very nice it seems a shame to give it up.

Barry

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 2:42:32 PM PST
jsh1120 says:
Kellie,

Download K-9, an alternative email app from the Amazon Appstore. Chances are that it will work for you. If it does but you'd prefer an interface that is more tailored to a tablet display, you can purchase "Kaiten" (get it? K-10) for $5 from the Appstore, as well.

K-9 Mail

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 6:37:32 AM PST
Thanks for the reply. I have had several reps assist with the email glitch with both Kindles. I really, really wanted it to work as well. But, I have spent several hours deactivating,reregistering,resetting,etc.etc. and the reps are stumped too. They have a call into the IT department and i was told they would call me in 3-5 business days. I love it but, must be able to get emails on it. Comcast has confirmed that everything on their end is in working order and the reps have confirmed the comcast side as well. Sadness....

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 9:51:15 AM PST
freckles91 says:
I have had the same email issue. For me it seems that the Kindle Fire HD receives email after I enter the email account info UNTIL I get my email on my laptop... then the Kindle Fire HD seems unable to receive email until I delete the account and reenter the info. NOT EFFICIENT. and to jsh1120 - it is ridiculous that anyone would HAVE to download a 3rd party email app when Kindle Fire HD just doesn't work properly... I am about to send mine back and get the ipad mini as well, because this isn't my only issue either...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Nov 10, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 13, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions